Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

The Thunder King Risen: What bosses do you want to see?

Since there has been plenty of speculation already, I'm just curious if you guys have specific bosses you want to see in the new 5.2 raid.

I kind of have a few different theories:

1. Obvious mogu bosses
    2. Troll bosses
    3. Some bosses to foreshadow Siege of Orgrimmar
    4. Perhaps some old races like Aqir?

I'm interested to hear what kind of bosses you guys think (or want) to be in the new raid. Blizz has already stated it's gonna be a big one.

Deleted
    1. Thunder King (ummm, that's obvious).
    2. Some sort of Titan-ish boss, like Algalon or Elegon.
    3. Zandalari bosses, maybe even Zul.
    4. Some Sha-weaved monstrosity.
    5. Loa. We never seen many of them, so i expect some of them to show up.
    6. Aliance vs Horde fight.

A Boss who is a pun to Cole MacGrath from InFamous would be nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archeus9 View Post
    1. Thunder King (ummm, that's obvious).
    2. Some sort of Titan-ish boss, like Algalon or Elegon.
    3. Zandalari bosses, maybe even Zul.
    4. Some Sha-weaved monstrosity.
    5. Loa. We never seen many of them, so i expect some of them to show up.
    6. Aliance vs Horde fight.
    I think that's a good call on the Loa, but I think in some ways it would feel too ZA/ZG you know?

Speaking of ZA I wouldn't mind having another gauntlet type section to the instance. They mentioned bringing back Ulduar-esque hardmodes for this raid if I remember correctly.

Some kind of Alliance vs Horde fight for the first encounter would be pretty cool. Kind of like to see which faction can "enter". Other than that, i just hope we get a vairety when it comes to bosses. Like, not all troll bosses ect.
    We are warriors, born from the light
    An army for freedom, defenders of life
    Warriors, euphoria will rise
    Returning from darkness we bury all lies

Deleted
    Thunder King
    the 7th Sha or an old god entity
    Trolls
    Gunship fight, or something similar
    optional hardmode bosses
    perhaps corrupted faction members

No real preferences, although it will be cool to have a "bonus mode" Heroic-only boss at the end. I mean, we all know the Thunder King will be involved, what if it turns out he isn't the final boss after all?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wowalixi View Post
    No real preferences, although it will be cool to have a "bonus mode" Heroic-only boss at the end. I mean, we all know the Thunder King will be involved, what if it turns out he isn't the final boss after all?
    extra bosses are always fun

10+ Year Old Account
    Dunno how I'd feel about this. Lei Shen has been hyped up to be THE Mogu and to cheapen him with another Sha or something would seem extremely lame.

-thunder king
    -statue or a living creature half mogu and half qilin (fu dog), or another new creation of the mogu
    -new version of cloud serpent, maybe a big dont flying ancient cloud serpent, with scars, armor, etc.
    -troll bosses (troll with loa spirits, Zul, shaman troll with thunder king magic, zandalari champion or a flesh-shapered troll (a super zanda troll))
    -mogu elite guard
    -captured sha (no sha of...), well feeded or something about old gods, but not much, we are focused in the thunder king.
    -horrible dreaded and giant strange Saurok (maybe the first saurok, really horrible and deformed)

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm most curious about how they're going to foreshadow Siege of Orgrimmar, since they like to drop hints in the current tier of what's to come (Gara'jal/MSV as a whole)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    Dunno how I'd feel about this. Lei Shen has been hyped up to be THE Mogu and to cheapen him with another Sha or something would seem extremely lame.
    Well he was defeated once before. I don't believe he's really all that powerful. But I agree that a Sha wouldn't be really exciting since the final boss of this tier was a Sha. I'm sure the creative minds at Blizzard could come up with something awesome though...
    ...right?

Quote Originally Posted by edlike View Post
    I'm most curious about how they're going to foreshadow Siege of Orgrimmar, since they like to drop hints in the current tier of what's to come (Gara'jal/MSV as a whole)
    I don't honestly think they're going to do a lot of foreshadowing with this patch. There's no confirmation that SoO is in 5.4, and besides they still have a patch left in between that I think will tackle the escalation of tensions between the two factions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edlike View Post
    Lei Shen was known to have some secret weapons up his sleeves. One of them was the Construct Machine in MSV - there will most likely be some sort of major Titan construct in this raid that will cause a lot of strife.

Well he was defeated once before. I don't believe he's really all that powerful.
    He was the Mogu who united all of the clans. He was responsible for the construction of the Serpent's Spine - he created an alliance with the Trolls and he kept the Pandaren subjugated for a long ass time. He's Mr. King Mogu God Man Super Spiderman.

It was never explained how he was killed, only that he was never defeated in combat.
    Last edited by Kaneiac; 2012-12-21 at 05:10 PM.

Thunder King
    Mogu General? Council Fight?
    King Rastakhan
    Sha corrupted Loa/ Mogu-fied Loa?
    Troll council?
    Giant beast - Galleon or maybe a giant snake like from Zul'Drak
    Alliance v Horde - run into each other inside the raid
    Mummified Saurok or other slaves of the Mogu

He was the Mogu who united all of the clans. He was responsible for the construction of the Serpent's Spine - he created an alliance with the Trolls and he kept the Pandaren subjugated for a long ass time. He's Mr. King Mogu God Man Super Spiderman.

It was never explained how he was killed, only that he was never defeated in combat.
    The clans aren't really as powerful as they once were. The Pandaren slaves constructed the Spine - along with most of the other Mogu buildings if I remember quest text correctly. I'm not saying he isn't strong on his own merits. But I don't think you can really put him on the level of a Sha of Fear, or a Lich King, which makes him being controlled or overpowered by something else not entirely out of the realm of possibility.

10+ Year Old Account
    The clans aren't really as powerful as they once were. The Pandaren slaves constructed the Spine - along with most of the other Mogu buildings if I remember quest text correctly. I'm not saying he isn't strong on his own merits. But I don't think you can really put him on the level of a Sha of Fear, or a Lich King, which makes him being controlled or overpowered by something else not entirely out of the realm of possibility.
    He was the first Emperor - when the Mogu were at their most powerful. And yeah, I'm aware the Slaves did it - it was under his command. There were about 10 other Emperors after him - the Dojanni pair was when the Mogu Empire started to collapse, because they couldn't contain the Saurok.

And I'm not saying he's as powerful as the Sha or even the Lich King. I'm saying that it'd be dumb as fuck to just arbitrarily throw another Sha or Old God in there again. Leave Lei Shen as the final boss, let's confront the Sha in 5.4 or something.
    Last edited by Kaneiac; 2012-12-21 at 05:16 PM.

Deleted
    I want a gara'jal 2.0

He was the first Emperor - when the Mogu were at their most powerful. And yeah, I'm aware the Slaves did it - it was under his command. There were about 10 other Emperors after him - the Dojanni pair was when the Mogu Empire started to collapse, because they couldn't contain the Saurok.

And I'm not saying he's as powerful as the Sha or even the Lich King. I'm saying that it'd be dumb as fuck to just arbitrarily throw another Sha or Old God in there again. Leave Lei Shen as the final boss, let's confront the Sha in 5.4 or something.
    So would you be entirely opposed to an "optional" side boss for Heroic mode, ala Algalon in Ulduar?

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Those 3 guys we already beat in dungeon. (mogu)
    2. Ghoust of Daakara
    3. Zuldrak snake (but i have no idea how it would get there)
    4. Troll generals
    5. Thunder king
    6. Some alagon like a boss
    7. Some sha
    8. Funny bonus boss...something like:

..troll in toilet costume..no villan likes him
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    So would you be entirely opposed to an "optional" side boss for Heroic mode, ala Algalon in Ulduar?
    It's a mixed bag.

I felt like Sinestra cheapened Cho'gall beyond belief, whereas Algalon only enhanced Yogg-Saron - given that his influence was so heavy, simply defeating him wasn't even enough.

Gameplay wise, I'd be all for it. But done incorrectly, it runs the risk of shitting on the lore and turning the Mogu (who equalled the Mantid in power - even when controlled by the Sha) into a secondary.