Thread: Levlning

Deleted

Levlning

Should I do that as arms or fury?? Have not played this warrior since the begining of cataclysm and he is 84.

Deleted
    Doesnt matter, id go arm since i dont know how much hit you can stack up in lvling gear, if its low it will just be frustrating as fury.

Arms - only have to worry about finding ONE weapon, not two.

I'd say go Arms at that level, with colossus smash and sudden death your damage will be a lot more consistent than as Fury. I leveled fury and loved it though.

10+ Year Old Account
    It really won't matter too much, you can do whatever is more fun for you. I know that's the typical form-letter response to these questions, but it is true. I used Fury because I didn't feel like respeccing. :p

However, Arms has the advantage of being very simple and straightforward, only needing 1 weapon, and is less reliant on Crit level to be able to use its abilities, which tends to be useful for leveling where you're tired, don't care, and don't need managed performance. Round up a few mobs > TClap Deep Wounds > Sweeping Strikes > MStrike OP Slam CSmash OP w/e > profit. Arms just works.

It's also much easier to offtank a few leveling dungeons as Arms spec since all your abilities still function if you equip a shield, and TClap is part of your DPS cycle already.

But if you're twinked out with really good gear (like full MoP BoEs/BoAs) and can keep a solid Crit level, Fury would be a lot fun. ^^

Deleted
    Fury is the best DPS spec for warrior at 90, and if you plan on playing DPS its probably best to go Fury, that way you'll learn how to play while you level

Quote Originally Posted by Zaazu View Post
    Fury is the best DPS spec for warrior at 90, and if you plan on playing DPS its probably best to go Fury, that way you'll learn how to play while you level
    Fury is best in raid for sure. But for levling arms is way better. Simple because of how overpower works, even with low gear you will be able to "press" on your ability. Learning fury spec while levling its pointless ... You have low hit/exp/crit while leveling. As fury you really won't be able to play fury as a well geared lvl 90 player

10+ Year Old Account
    Go Prot.

There is not even a point in playing Warrior DPS spec until Pandaria.

Why?

Prot Warriors gain their core skills faster and Warriors have always been dog shit damage because we're the only class in the game that has to be level 90 to have all the stuff a Ret Paladin has at level 75. Well, maybe not the only class. But the only class I've leveled to 90 so far.

I mean, I guess you could go a DPS spec at level 81 (hi, only class in the game w/ armor pen and has to wait that long for it, meanwhile ret paladin is crapping out 30k+ Harsh Words), but the amount of protection and damage Prot offers just outweighs anything that Arms or Fury could bring to the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarosnar View Post
    Fury is best in raid for sure. But for levling arms is way better. Simple because of how overpower works, even with low gear you will be able to "press" on your ability. Learning fury spec while levling its pointless ... You have low hit/exp/crit while leveling. As fury you really won't be able to play fury as a well geared lvl 90 player
    Did Pandaria twice (beta, live) as Arms in Heroic Dragon Soul gear, it was easier as a Fury Warrior in greens and blues.

10+ Year Old Account
    women love big muscular arms,so that means you have to play arms arms for the win!

If you want to level as fast as possible, go Prot and Dungeon Q 'till your eyes bleed.
    If you want to do as much damage as possible, go Fury and get yourself 2x Brawler's Fist Weps.
    If you want to do damage but can't find 2x good weapons, go Arms.