Predict the next date the world will end!

It looks like the plans for today are canceled; it's 23:39 here and there's no end in sight. This won't do! It's time to do some number magic.

First of all, we should pick a year. What about 2013? 13 is an unlucky number, makes some sense; also it's close by which makes it more exciting. It's also pretty because it contains 0123; additionally 20 MINUS 13 is 7, which is my lucky number. Thus 2013 will be the unluckiest year, because that makes sense. The number also feels prime, though I can't be arsed to actually find out if it is (PROVE ME WRONG!).

Next, we need a month. Obviously it would be great if we had a thirteenth month, but no such luck, qq. It's surprisingly hard to come up with some threatening word that can be spelled out entirely in numerical 1337... 1)4121<? Nope. 4p0(41yp53? not a chance. You can't even type out something as scary as "gay", for Pete's sake! The y's and d's really mess with this kind of project.

Fuck this shit, I'll just pick September, that ninth month we all love (or not). Among other things, 13 + 9 = 22. 22 / 2 = 11. 9/11. 9 is also the square of a prime number, 3, which is also half of the numbers making up 13 (if you want to get creative, you can always get the 1 from 3 only being divisible by 1 and 3 due to being a prime number). NOT ONLY THAT, but September actually means the seventh month in old something-language. The fact that it has shifted from 7 (my lucky number) to 9 indicates that there is something rotten with the month.

...Phew, I'm convinced now.

What day, though? I'm having trouble reading the aether for this point, but I preliminarily estimate that it will be on the 13+9th, aka the 22nd. It's quite obvious really, we add both the ominous factors we previously had together. You might think 22 is actually quite a pretty number, and I agree! But as they say, BEWARE THE NICE ONES!

Conclusion:
    The world will end on the 22nd of September in 2013.

I'm sure some of you disagree with me, so please do put forth your own suggestions.
    Last edited by Zakamutt; 2012-12-21 at 10:43 PM.
    Facile pi?

BEWARE:

I get annoyed easily by people who are slow-minded, and people who spell badly. Oh, and if you want to use the "not my first language" excuse, it isn't mine either.

10+ Year Old Account
    u mentioned 1337 and 9/11 basiclly how much i read =P

Deleted
    2015 or 2017 sounds like doomsday-years to me. Probably in the autumn or winter as well, those seasons are mostly affiliated with death and the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    2015 or 2017 sounds like doomsday-years to me. Probably in the autumn or winter as well, those seasons are mostly affiliated with death and the end.
    I can't help but notice that both 15 and 17 consist of prime numbers (1, 5, 7). Not only that, 17 is prime by itself!

Primes are evil.
    Facile pi?

BEWARE:

I get annoyed easily by people who are slow-minded, and people who spell badly. Oh, and if you want to use the "not my first language" excuse, it isn't mine either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Remember, it must be within a few years or no one will pay any attention.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

2014, four is death, or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Deleted
    There's already a thread for this.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...e-theory-date!