Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Telila View Post
    You're joking right? Collection is not the use...ie the purpose...of anything.

Target shooting, is simulation shooting. Or, practice killing, if you will
    So.,... going by that reasoning... everyone who has played WoW should be charged with practice genocide, right? Your argument seems a silly one on a gaming forum.

As for collection... use =/= purpose. I could use a gun as a paperweight, and for all your denial of it, it will have fulfilled that use even if its original purpose is not as a paperweight. There are many people who enjoy collecting guns. By the looks of it, we have several people here who collect guns (ie Didactic, and I believe Rich as well).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    More like i don't want to. It's not my job.
    Then don't bother arguing.

By then you would have limited the issue of gun abusing to a selected part of society and you can work your way to start cleaning up the mess.
    Add heavy handed sanctions to whoever is caught carrying a gun and you'll see how the "criminals" would start NOT carrying.
    Utter bullshit. See how well that policy has worked with drugs.

Regulations, perfect. Exactly what we need. That might mean banning some kind of firearms would it not?
    No?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Or at least in most places

Implying in some they do??????

Ease of access is the EXACT thing you say should change, not a blanket ban....yet then you state it's not the problem.

Can't have cake and eat it this time, sorry

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, that is not the PURPOSE of the item. They are derived usages of it, based on it actual usage (Except collection, because that isn't a use of anything)
    The PURPOSE of Heroin was a painkiller. Let's start selling it at pharmacies.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

15+ Year Old Account
    You're joking right? Collection is not the use...ie the purpose...of anything.

Target shooting, is simulation shooting. Or, practice killing, if you will

---------- Post added 2012-12-22 at 12:17 AM ----------

Not when stated as means of entry it's not, ie you stating you can have plutonium if qualified.
    this right here is one of the more idiotic statements i've ever seen target shooting is not practice killing its honing accuracy having competitions with friends on accuracy i guess you've never heard of competitions where they shoot targets seriously try being informed before you run your mouth about something

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    of course, why didnt i think of it before. That guy in Newtown would have definitely killed as many kids with a butter knife. And same for the other cases.

Also, it might sound weird to you, but my post, the one you responded to, was ironic.
    No, he wouldn't have used a butter knife, he would have used a car and plowed through them in mass at the start or end of the school day when they are all crowded outside the building and taken out MANY more children than he did.

Or he would have used a home made bomb and taken them out. Either by putting it outside where the are cuddled when they are waiting to leave or go to school or by sneaking it in with a visit to his mother into her class room as to hit her room specifically or just call in a few bomb threats and watch where the children go in response to the threats, then plant a bomb there and call in a threat and blow the children up when they go to their designated spot to avoid the bomb.

Or he could have used a knife, taken out the school bus driver at a bus stop one morning and then killed all the children in it from the front to the back as most will be too shocked to run out the back door at that age and then used the bus itself to run over any that did get out.

Or he could have done a whole lot of other things. Sorry, but you take away the legal mans ability to carry guns, you just made this entire nation into a giant candy store for any criminal who wants to do them harm as they have no way to defend themselves while he still was able to obtain his weapon as they would still be trivial to come across regardless of anything the US government does due to the shear number we already have and even if we got rid of them, they would stream up from Mexico more so than crack and we would have people with the knowledge making their own to fill the demand cause the money would be just too great to pass up when a gun that goes for $300 now could go for $1200 then and still be 100 times more influential due to everyone else's lack of guns.

10+ Year Old Account
    Implying in some they do??????

Ease of access is the EXACT thing you say should change, not a blanket ban....yet then you state it's not the problem.

Can't have cake and eat it this time, sorry
    It isn't. The problem is a social one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    And you failed to understand the point... I've wasted enough effort on you, we'll let you forfeit all your rights that you wish, in order to take mine though you are going to have to come up with a compelling LEGAL reason to take mine.. Good Day, and Good Luck.
    OH damn i can't count on you for the protection i NEED anymore. What would i do what would i do goddammit.
    I wont be coming to you, the state will and you will bow your head and do exactly as they say. Like any good law abiding member of society would do dont you agree cowboy?

Deleted

Actually, I'm quite pro the legalisation of drugs. To allow (Much like I believe with guns) greater control of the criminal element.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interestingly enough, cocaine has legitimate medical value as an ophthalmic agent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    this right here is one of the more idiotic statements i've ever seen target shooting is not practice killing its honing accuracy having competitions with friends on accuracy i guess you've never heard of competitions where they shoot targets seriously try being informed before you run your mouth about something

Homing accuracy for what?? More shooting??

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, I'm quite pro the legalisation of drugs. To allow (Much like I believe with guns) greater control of the criminal element.
    And yet you don't seem to grasp the fact that bans don't work with drugs. Why would they with guns?

Deleted
    It isn't. The problem is a social one.

1 that is bread for the "right" to be able to kill someone else?

10+ Year Old Account
    Same reason one practices with a bow or crossbow. A development of timing and hand/eye coordination.

---------- Post added 2012-12-21 at 04:24 PM ----------

1 that is bread for the "right" to be able to kill someone else?
    Murder is already illegal.

Deleted
    And yet you don't seem to grasp the fact that bans don't work with drugs. Why would they with guns?

I haven't once (Actually, I've said the opposite quite a lot) that you lot don't need to ban all weapons. I get it's your law, and right.

*edi* My 1st post in this thread, was about assault weapons and they're need in normal life

10+ Year Old Account
    I could not agree more! However, drink driving - A CRIME IN-UNTO ITSELF. Owning a gun - YOUR RIGHT.

Again, quite different really - Especially when the original bit about cars/guns didn't making the drink driving claim, merely cars kill more than guns

---------- Post added 2012-12-22 at 12:11 AM ----------

Qualification does not equal licence now does it, come on
    Telila, now... ponder, 272,000,000 guns in the US, ~9200 gun related homicides... assume for the sake of giving you the maximum number of weapons used to kill people that each death is attributed to a different gun (giving you the benefit of the doubt so you can claim guns kill people) that means that 9200 of those 272,000,000 guns were used to kill folks... thats a total of 99.9966% of ALL the guns in the US were NOT used to kill anyone....

Perhaps you did not know, there are already 242 pages of laws detailing just FEDERAL regulations on guns, so its not about regulating guns, its about reasonable regulation, which does not equal a ban.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't once (Actually, I've said the opposite quite a lot) that you lot don't need to ban all weapons.
    You're advocating a ban on assault weapons. Which, ignoring the fact how vague the term 'assault weapon' is, sets an extremely bad legal precedent and does nothing to alleviate the issue.

15+ Year Old Account
    see the last part of my post trying reading it all

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    So.,... going by that reasoning... everyone who has played WoW should be charged with practice genocide, right? Your argument seems a silly one on a gaming forum.

As for collection... use =/= purpose. I could use a gun as a paperweight, and for all your denial of it, it will have fulfilled that use even if its original purpose is not as a paperweight. There are many people who enjoy collecting guns. By the looks of it, we have several people here who collect guns (ie Didactic, and I believe Rich as well).
    I collect them, but I hunt with every single one of them too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    I collect them, but I hunt with every single one of them too.
    I don't. I can't shoot my FAL. :|