Page 1 of 75
... LastLast

Patch 5.2 PTR Mage Changes

Spell Changes
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    Mage (Forums, Talent Calculator)
    • Arcane Missiles Arcane Missiles' damage is increased by 24% per Arcane Charge. 25% per Arcane Charge.
    • Deep Freeze Spells which benefit from Shatter will break this effect.
    • Frost Bomb After 6 After 4 sec, the bomb explodes, dealing (3,286 + 246.2% of SP) Frost damage to the primary target, and (1,643 + 123.1% of SP) Frost damage to all other targets within 10 yds.
    • Frostbolt Heals your Water Elemental for (1,511 + 145.2% of SP). 1,613 + 155.0% of SP).
    • Hotfix Passive (New)

Talents
    • Blazing Speed May only be activated after taking a melee or spell hit, or after you kill an enemy that yields experience or honor.
    • Cold Snap When activated, this spell finishes the cooldown of your Ice Block, Frost Nova, and Cone of Cold spells. Instantly restores 30% of your health. When activated, this spell finishes the cooldown of your Ice Block, Frost Nova, and Cone of Cold spells, and heals you for 15% of your maximum health.
    • Frost Bomb After 6 After 4 sec, the bomb explodes, dealing (3,286 + 246.2% of SP) Frost damage to the primary target, and (1,643 + 123.1% of SP) Frost damage to all other targets within 10 yds.
    • Greater Invisibility 2.5 1.5 min cooldown.
    • Ice Floes 60 45 sec cooldown.
    • Ring of Frost Limit 10. targets.
    • Rune of Power While standing in your own Rune of Power, your mana regeneration is increased by 100% 75% and your spell damage is increased by 15%.
    • Scorch 0.1% 3.5% of Base Mana.

Arcane
    • Arcane Barrage Arcane Barrage's damage is increased by 24% 25% per Arcane Charge, and it hits 1 additional nearby targets per Arcane Charge for 50% damage.
    • Arcane Blast Arcane Blast's damage is increased by 24% 25% per Arcane Charge, and its mana cost is increased by 125% per Arcane Charge. 75% per Arcane Charge. 1.5% 1.666667% of Base Mana.
    • Arcane Charge Arcane Blast's damage is increased by 24% 25% per charge, and its mana cost increased by 125% per charge. 75% per charge. Arcane Missiles' damage is increased by 24% per charge. 25% per charge. Arcane Barrage's damage is increased by 24% 25% per charge, and it hits 1 additional nearby targets per charge for 50% damage.
    • Arcane Missiles Arcane Missiles' damage is increased by 24% per Arcane Charge. 25% per Arcane Charge.
    • Hotfix Passive (New)

Fire
    • Critical Mass Multiplies the critical strike chance of your Fireball, Frostfire Bolt, Pyroblast, and Scorch by 2.0. 1.0.
    • Hotfix Passive (New)
    • Inferno Blast Upon impact, it spreads any Pyroblast, Ignite, and Combustion effects to up to 2 3 nearby enemy targets within 10 yards.
    • Mastery: Ignite Your target burns for an additional 12% over 4 sec of the total direct damage caused by your Fireball, Frostfire Bolt, Inferno Blast, Scorch, and Pyroblast.

Frost
    • Frostbolt Launches a bolt of frost at the enemy, causing (1,301 + 125.0% 1,614 + 155.0% of SP) Frost damage and slowing movement speed by 50% for 15 sec. Also causes the target to take an additional 5% damage from your Frostbolt and Ice Lance, and your Water Elemental's Waterbolt and Water Jet, stacking up to 3 times.
    • Hotfix Passive (New)
    • Summon Water Elemental Casting Frostbolt on your Water Elemental will heal it for (1,511 + 145.2% of SP). 1,613 + 155.0% of SP).

Major Glyphs
    • Glyph of Inferno Blast Your Fire Blast and Inferno Blast spells now also spread Living Bomb, cause Frost Bomb to instantly explode, and cause Nether Tempest to instantly fire its secondary damage at all nearby targets. Your Inferno Blast spell spreads Pyroblast, Ignite, and Combustion to 1 additional target.

It looks like they only want Inferno Blast used with Fire (it won't proc Mage Bombs anymore). It also looks like they don't want people to use Scorch as often with that mana increase.

Unless I'm reading it wrong, this looks like a slight buff to Arcane (minus Scorch weaving possibly). Another nerf to Critical Mass as well (so Fire is even less viable now?).

[disclaimer]Of course this is all datamined PTR stuff that will likely be changed before release.[/disclaimer]
    Last edited by Maconi; 2012-12-22 at 01:42 AM.

Deleted
    I thought half of this stuff is already in effect o.O

Thats what im thinking Fegi because the critical mass thing there sounds like a tooltip update but i could be wrong.

Lol at that deep freeze nerf, CYA MAGES.

Quote Originally Posted by Fegi View Post
    I thought half of this stuff is already in effect o.O
    Quote Originally Posted by PantsDePeon View Post
    Thats what im thinking Fegi because the critical mass thing there sounds like a tooltip update but i could be wrong.
    Critical Mass was 1.5, then they nerfed it to 1.25, then buffed it to 1.3, and now they're nerfing it to 1.0.

I'm assuming they think it'll even out due to gear scaling but I think it's the wrong way to go about it (since it hurts the undergeared far more than the geared due to the scaling).

Some of the other changes might have been? All I know is no Fire Mage will be happy with another CM nerf.

I've grown to like Arcane so the buff (if it is a buff) is welcome.

Alot if it already is in place, just probably tooltip changes.

They've essentially killed 6 stack camping and scorch weaving completely with this, as well as nerfing Rune (Didn't honestly expect that one). So yay, time for a new playstyle.

Living Bomb doesn't spread anymore with Inferno Blast. Quite concerned for the fate of Fire with all of this.

Also, any mathmagicians able to math out whether the higher base damage of Frostbolt outweighs the loss of the 15% damage from Frostbolt debuff stacks on the target?
    Last edited by Methnor; 2012-12-22 at 01:55 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maconi View Post
    Critical Mass was 1.5, then they nerfed it to 1.25, then buffed it to 1.3, and now they're nerfing it to 1.0.
    Highly doubt they would reduce it to 1.0, it would be pointless in even having the passive if that was the case. Just treat it as a data-mined error.

I'm guessing the part about critical mass has to be a typo. Multiplying something by 1 doesn't change it's value. If it isn't a typo then they might as well make critical mass surround us with invisible unicorns.
    Signature not found

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maconi View Post

I've grown to like Arcane so the buff (if it is a buff) is welcome.
    If you've grown to like Arcane, then you probably won't like the 5.2 changes. No more scorch weaving, rune of power mana regen nerfed by 25%. They don't want you to sit at 6 charges forever, they want you to frequently clear your stacks, which people aren't doing. So these changes (which I doubt are a buff, a 25% mana regen nerf, no more 6 charge camping) exist to change our rotation. So what is fun now might not be.
    Last edited by Ryken; 2012-12-22 at 02:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfang View Post
    Highly doubt they would reduce it to 1.0, it would be pointless in even having the passive if that was the case. Just treat it as a data-mined error.
    Quote Originally Posted by alzoron View Post
    I'm guessing the part about critical mass has to be a typo. Multiplying something by 1 doesn't change it's value. If it isn't a typo then they might as well make critical mass surround us with invisible unicorns.
    You're probably right. The text says 1.0 but the tooltip still says 1.3 (30%) when rolling over it. That would mean there's no change to CM (yet).

scorch nerf expected but 3.5% mana cost really?? lol

greater invis.... HUGE BUFF OH YES!!!!

cold snap nerf was uhhh wat???

rop nerf only hurts us from camping 6stack of AC camping which in result favouring haste build more than mastery (nerfing both scorch and rop seems bit odd would be better if it was toned down to 80-85% not 75% tbh)

pretty sure cricitcal mass nerf(???) is tooltip error it wont be 1.0 lol probably leave it as 1.3

icy flows needs to be 30s or even 25s not 45s -_-

if im reading glyph of fireblast right it doesnt trigger mage bomb effects??? sooo living bomb is going to be utter useless??

and finally shatter nerf ouch lol
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

hi arcane mages. die arcane mages. now only frost left for pve and none for pvp.
    loled at cold snap nerf. sick healing.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Shangalar; 2012-12-22 at 04:06 PM.

God fucking damnit Blizzard, if this patch makes haste better than mastery it's going to be the SECOND time I'll have to completely regear my character. It's getting really absurd at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Methnor View Post
    Living Bomb doesn't spread anymore with Inferno Blast. Quite concerned for the fate of Fire with all of this.

Also, any mathmagicians able to math out whether the higher base damage of Frostbolt outweighs the loss of the 15% damage from Frostbolt debuff stacks on the target?
    They didn't take away the 15% frostbolt damage debuff.

I am also very much hoping that they are baking in the original Inferno Blast Glyph into the spell, and making the glyph so that instead of spreading to 2 additional targets, it now spreads to 3.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamSpyre View Post
    They did with regards to further Frostbolts. The debuff now only affects Ice Lance and Water Bolt, read it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryken View Post
    If you've grown to like Arcane, then you probably won't like the 5.2 changes. No more scorch weaving, rune of power mana regen nerfed by 25%. The 1% damage per charge for our nukes won't change the fact that the playstyle is going to change. They don't want you to sit at 6 charges forever, they want you to frequently clear your stacks, which people aren't doing. So these changes (which I doubt are a buff, a 25% mana regen nerf vs 1% buff on all spells/charge, both seem like they would cancel each other out) exist to change our rotation. So what is fun now might not be.
    you do realise scorch weaving was just dumb and needed to be fixed?? back to original rotation >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    you do realise scorch weaving was just dumb and needed to be fixed?? back to original rotation >_>
    I think Scorch weaving made the spec much more interesting...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamSpyre View Post

I am also very much hoping that they are baking in the original Inferno Blast Glyph into the spell, and making the glyph so that instead of spreading to 2 additional targets, it now spreads to 3.
    They changed it so Frostbolt isn't affected by the debuff.

Quote Originally Posted by bcc View Post
    I think Scorch weaving made the spec much more interesting...
    but.... that 700k arcane barrage crit is awsome XD