Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

The New Taste for Blood

Taste for Blood (New) When your Mortal Strike deals damage or your target dodges any of your attacks you gain 2 uses of Overpower. This effect stacks up to 5 times.

How do you warriors feel about this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    The universe has so many galaxies that even the fucking plot to star wars has a statistical chance to have existed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Ghostcrawler called me up last night and he was all like, "hi." And I was like "I'm...

10+ Year Old Account
    This will be interesting to say the least....

Thinking off the top of my head:

MS -> (Gain 2c) -> CS -> OP (Lost 1c)-> Slam -> MS -> (Gain 2c for 3c total) -> OP -> OP -> OP+HS -> MS (2c Total) -> CS Proc/Slam -> OP (1c T) -> Slam -> MS

Rinse repeat. Obviously weave in the other fillers like BS/DR/BattleS etc.

Edit #2: This will allow pooling of rage with OP chaining to lead a much higher CS burst window w/ cooldowns.
    Last edited by Sinnermighty; 2012-12-22 at 01:41 AM.

Classic Herod: Sinnermighty - Blood Legion (Unretired)

15+ Year Old Account
    cant be anymore useless then its current form for pvp

10+ Year Old Account
    My concern is this makes the Arms cycle even more treadmilly in PvE, becoming literally MS > OP OP fill > MS with a CSmash thrown in whenever the debuff falls off.

Then again, it also positions Arms as the Anti-Fury — a Warrior DPS spec designed around predictable consistency and tidy orderliness. Perhaps that's the intention.

I'm glad they're making changes, but it would still be nice to have useful, synergistic secondary stats as Arms.

Fury will only continue to improve as crit gets higher, and at a certain point, probably become more orderly than Arms.

10+ Year Old Account
    one things for sure,if this new taste for blood is strong/good and fun,blizz will nerf the shit out of it.

Blizz is dialing back on randomness.
    Well, PvP-wise nothing changed that much, since TfB was already nerfed into the ground. People won't be globald, but I can see some facemelting chain-OP-into-CS combos.
    PvE-wise, well, making it a bit less of a "gamble" stacking TfB, it may be good for Arms DPS overall. Need to test that puppy out!
    Imho, Fury needs its Mastery redone too, I mean come on! Its stupid and boring. "Look I am enraged and my Execute hits like a f*%@ing truck. And now I am not enraged and its barely worth the rage I just spent on it, c'mon RB, PROC!" duh.

so how is this tfb going to work, 1 stack after a MS, which leads to 2 OP? or 2 stacks of tfb for 2 OP?

Quote Originally Posted by salthar View Post
    so how is this tfb going to work, 1 stack after a MS, which leads to 2 OP? or 2 stacks of tfb for 2 OP?
    "Rotation" will be like this

MS-OP-OP-Slam

Slam will be kicked out by CS/DR/BS.

MS-CS-OP-OP f.e.

It just looks so stupid, really, really stupid. Almost like DPS-playstlye in Classic/TBC

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    "Rotation" will be like this

MS-OP-OP-Slam

Slam will be kicked out by CS/DR/BS.

MS-CS-OP-OP f.e.

It just looks so stupid, really, really stupid. Almost like DPS-playstlye in Classic/TBC
    Yeah. Also If you got rage, the rotation will probably be more like MS-CS-SLAM-OP-OP, while OP's are being replaced by DR etc. Overpower just barely does more as a crit than a slam hits with those changes and since it can be stacked to be used later, I can't see it being used before slam because you won't be building it up to hit your HS anymore. At least that's the way I would look at it. Surely you would start with MS-OP-OP prio just to get the rage up so you can later replace it with bigger damage what spends rage.

Or it will just go to the situation that if we won't be having enough globals for slam, we will just hit HS with nearly every OP to burn the rage that way. It might give exactly the same dps that way than missing an OP and hitting slam instead?
    Last edited by Kankipappa; 2012-12-22 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smag View Post
    Blizz is dialing back on randomness.
    Well, PvP-wise nothing changed that much, since TfB was already nerfed into the ground. People won't be globald, but I can see some facemelting chain-OP-into-CS combos.
    PvE-wise, well, making it a bit less of a "gamble" stacking TfB, it may be good for Arms DPS overall. Need to test that puppy out!
    Imho, Fury needs its Mastery redone too, I mean come on! Its stupid and boring. "Look I am enraged and my Execute hits like a f*%@ing truck. And now I am not enraged and its barely worth the rage I just spent on it, c'mon RB, PROC!" duh.
    That's where Crit comes in. More Crit less rng and overall smooth game play.

I think you'll have to use OP to pool rage in order to spam slam/hs whenever cs is available. Something like MS-OP-OP-CS-MS-SLAM-SLAM-SLAM-MS-OP-OP-OP-MS-OP-OP-OP.
    It will depend on the DPR/DPE of both OP and Slam, but this looks possible. Anyway, can't be worst than today. And I won't be sad if Arm spec becomes gcd capped again.

MS>CS>OP>SLAM
    HS to avoid rage capping, which will happen more often now.

or am I missing something.

Quote Originally Posted by Wazooty View Post
    MS>CS>OP>SLAM
    HS to avoid rage capping, which will happen more often now.

or am I missing something.
    Sounds about right.

Slam is going to more damage than OP in 5.2(105% OP with roughly 90% Crit chance is still worse than 220% Slam with 30% Crit chance). OP is going to be used solely to pool up rage inside a CS window.

Blizzard still hasn't buffed scaling for Arms. Crit is still not great, and Haste and Mastery pretty much remain the same.

Rotation becomes a lot easier. People actually might start playing Arms more for PvE, which is good, in a way.

10+ Year Old Account
    So...
    - Arms sits on Rage during bad Sudden Death RNG by spending OP procs to fill time between MS
    - dumps it with Slam during CSmash
    - and doesn't really worry about it if some SDeath procs occur at low Rage, as long as Rage is always emptied during a CSmash window

Should end up nearly GCD locked by all that, too.

Is that about how it's shaping up so far?

Yup.
    I'd say MS > CS > OP > Slam (only if almost rage capped) when CS debuff is not on your target. MS > Slam > OP otherwise. Execute replace Slam below 20%.
    It looks like fury spec but more boring. And HS seems pretty useless.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is so very, very bland. Fury, played well, can fully stack a CS sequence.

Expect more changes.
    Roseby - Fury/Arms Warrior
    Jobei - Elemental Shaman

Requiel's #1 Fan.

So...correct me if I'm wrong.

MS>CS>OP>SLAM during normal times. HS to avoid rage capping.

MS>SLAM>OP when CS is up

The fact that your order changes when CS is up, assuming the above is correct, is enough to make it interesting for me....

TBH my biggest gripe about the rotation is how long the GCD is. It feels like forever between each button push. Would be cool if when CS was up your GCD was 1 sec or something. it would give you windows of increased speed that would make it more interesting without adding more buttons.
    Last edited by Wazooty; 2012-12-22 at 06:37 PM.

Can OP still proc more OPs? Else this is super boring. I like the current arms playstyle sad that it's going away :/
    Last edited by bigbad; 2012-12-22 at 06:37 PM.