OFFICIAL ptr patch notes

The datamined notes appeared to be very wrong. Official notes:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...or-Sets?page=2

Preparation is now a baseline ability learned at level 68.
    Versatility has been removed.
    New Level 90 Talent: Marked for Death
    Marks a target and instantly generates 5 combo points. When that target dies, Marked for Death's cooldown is reset. This talent has a 1 minute cooldown.
    New Level 60 Talent: Cloak and Dagger
    Ambush, Garrote, and Cheap Shot now have a 30 yard range, and will cause the Rogue to teleport behind the target.
    Burst of Speed now costs 30 Energy (was 50 Energy), can be used in Stealth, and always grants increased movement speed in addition to breaking snare effects, but no longer breaks root effects.
    Shuriken Toss now causes the Rogue to Throw shuriken instead of autoattacking for 10 seconds after Shuriken Toss is used.
    Deadly Throw can now interrupt spellcasting when used at 3, 4, and 5 combo points, and upon interrupt prevents any spell in that school from being cast for 4, 5 and 6 seconds respectively (was 5 combo points and 6 seconds).
    Nerve Strike now reduces the effectiveness of healing provided by the target by 25%.
    Shadow Focus now reduces ability energy costs by 75% while stealthed (was 100%).
    PvP set bonuses have been changed:
    Vigor is now the 4 piece set bonus and increases maximum energy by 50 (was 10).
    Deadly Brew is now the 2 piece set bonus, and its effects remain unchanged.
    Combat
    Vitality now increases attack power by 30% (was 25%).
    Blade Flurry now deals 75% less damage.
    Subtlety
    Sanguinary Vein now increases the damage the target takes by 20% (was 16%).
    Cloak and Dagger looks fun as hell (at least with sub) and much better than Hit and Run. 150 energy with PvP gear! Combat was destroyed, lol.
    Last edited by billtimbob; 2012-12-22 at 06:51 AM.

They are definitely good changes. They still haven't addressed the coupled (or anti-coupled) talent issue (leeching-paralytic and shurikan-deadly throw).

The blade flurry nerf was waranted, but seems quite a bit overdone.
    AP from vitality should have never been reduced in the first place along considering energy regen was also reduced for mists. The energy regen change I was ok with.

Not surprised by the shadow focus nerf. It's still the most appealing of the three though. I was expecting it to be nerfed a little more.

I expect a lot of QQ about cloak and dagger.

Marked for death = snooze, not really that much of a replacement for versatility.

Deadly throw should just set the interrupt time to #CP + 1 sec, ala envenom buff time.

The change to shurikan toss change is very nice, too.

Nerve strike seems overnerfed, imo. I also expect QQ over the change to vigor. that's pretty substantial.
    Last edited by shadowboy; 2012-12-22 at 07:26 AM.

Deleted
    Combat will be absolutely wrecked if that nerf to Blade Flurry goes live. It's already a shit spec as it is, only kept alive by its immense cleaving potential. If they remove that as well, I might have to go off-spec Subtlety.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Incineration View Post
    Combat will be absolutely wrecked if that nerf to Blade Flurry goes live. It's already a shit spec as it is, only kept alive by its immense cleaving potential. If they remove that as well, I might have to go off-spec Subtlety.
    Exactly, it's a good off-spec to run with because there are multiple fights with cleave and thus Blade Flurry makes Combat excel! But this change is just ridiculous, Blizz probably just changed because so many people QQ'd about the Garalon thing -.-

But I'd probably trade the BF nerf for all those sexy buffs we gon' get!

Quote Originally Posted by Incineration View Post
    Shit spec or not, I still play Combat to this day. I'm still able to outperform assa rogues as well, although that's mostly in LFR (people who don't play top of their game I guess). Thing is, I really hate the assa spec and its rotation. I guess it's really subjective, but I just don't like the feeling.

Ever since ArP disappeared in Wotlk, combat just seems to be getting worse and worse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagonpeak View Post
    Shit spec or not, I still play Combat to this day. I'm still able to outperform assa rogues as well, although that's mostly in LFR (people who don't play top of their game I guess). Thing is, I really hate the assa spec and its rotation. I guess it's really subjective, but I just don't like the feeling.

Ever since ArP disappeared in Wotlk, combat just seems to be getting worse and worse.
    Plus one here.

(+1)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagonpeak View Post

To each his own. I can't stand the rotation of Combat. The cooldown-reset mechanic the spec is balanced around is pretty cool, but the spec suffers the most from the weaknesses of the class. If you do not land any fishers and the combo points go to waste, you do not just lose damage, you actually lose cooldown-uptime, which is a huge deal to Combat. And don't even get me started on the filth that is Bandit's Guile....... Fucking useless ramp-up mechanic that serves no purpose in the rotation, apart from ramping up damage...

Combine that with the gear/haste dependent standard rotation, and you have a slow and awkward spec, with mechanics that do not function when something as simple as target swapping is introduced, and a rotation that rivals Assassination in dullness and boredom.

The fact that you outdps certain Assassination rogues isn't so much a testament to your skill, but rather your gear/their lack thereof.

keep buffing Sub and I'll once again be Sub main spec again! woot!

sub is a pvp mainspec now... and it does ok. with these changes.. itll be great :P

speaking of paired talents... have you thought of the potential of Subterfuge and cloak/dagger... garotte a healer.. port to your actual target and dps. all in the same subterfuge..

At last Blizzard... Now you're talking! I'm really going to enjoy these changes, though I haven't played a rogue since MoP(because they sucked, really).

10+ Year Old Account
    Please redirect comments to http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...s-Build-16408; between the 5.2 wishlist and datamining, another thread could get confusing.