Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Oh no god forbid an ability have a new mechanic. Whatever shall we do now that the devs have found new and interesting ways for us to play.

Or you know you could just use it when you know the mob will be stationary for the 2sec cast.
    Good hunter right here. We need to learn from this guy! lol
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

Really nice QOL changes so far in the notes. The glyph and BW changes are extremely pleasing to see. I'm disappointed with the way the new hunter tier gear looks, they did a complete 180 in terms of badassness when you compare it to T14. Yaungol (aka tauren cousin) slayer had a really cool and fitting look to it, this new set just looks cartoonish and dumb IMO. I wont' even speak on the PvP set because the hunter class PvP gear has been garbage looking since Wrath.

As far as MM goes, the only thing I could see them doing is bringing the scaling up a bit and making the single target damage on par with BM. The AOE of MM will never (unless something drastic changes) be on par with Survival AOE and probably not even on par with BM AOE when you have a worm/chimaera. However, having a viable alternative (aka one that doesn't rely on a pet) to high single target dps and moderate AOE would be nice and cool. This is the first build though, we probably have 10-12 more builds to go so I wouldn't put too much stock into the notes yet. Just make sure to report feedback A LOT on the forums because everything seems to be on the right track so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Rullis View Post
    So to get this clear. Hunter's mark is added on the targets from our skills (arcane, kill command) just like it did with the glyph, but now does it without a glyph?

To Above: The turtle is a boss called Tortos I believe, just scroll down a bit and you see the name of all the bosses.

The beaver is called "Thunder Beaver" - And I hope to god it's a pet! The Porcupine also seems to be a Spirit Beast.
    Basically we get glyph of marked for death baseline. So we can either use the 5% heal when we disengage or something else. Personally in both pve and pvp I'll be taking the 5% disengage heal.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Basically we get glyph of marked for death baseline. So we can either use the 5% heal when we disengage or something else. Personally in both pve and pvp I'll be taking the 5% disengage heal.
    exactly we trade one mandatory glyph for another.

... so basically we get a busted skill unchanged just a tool tip change to show they gave up making it work correctly... they change a glyph every hunter uses into another glyph every hunter will use, marks is still crap and we still have too many buttons...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    exactly we trade one mandatory glyph for another.

... so basically we get a busted skill unchanged just a tool tip change to show they gave up making it work correctly... they change a glyph every hunter uses into another glyph every hunter will use, marks is still crap and we still have too many buttons...
    Well yes that soms it up pretty much

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguintamer View Post
    I wouldn't be worried about MM buffs or making our rotations easier just yet. It's only the very first iteration of patch notes so far. Ghostcrawler did say that Hunters had too many buttons at the moment. It's on the to-do list. It's not a matter of having too many buttons in general, but it's our rotations that have too many buttons right now.
    Unfortunately that's the exact opposite of GC's Twitter commentary, which has been multiple affirmations that Hunter "rotations feel fine", but they have "too many specialized utility buttons".

If they do any trimming, it will be more stuff like cutting out Eyes of the Beast. Expect the actual combat cycles to remain deliberately unchanged, barring one of the devs' characteristic inexplicable changes-of-heart ("Moving should be terrible" > "OK never mind, we removed Aspect of the Fox and now you can Aimed Shot while moving. LOL!")

Quote Originally Posted by Penguintamer View Post
    I wouldn't be worried about MM buffs or making our rotations easier just yet. It's only the very first iteration of patch notes so far. Ghostcrawler did say that Hunters had too many buttons at the moment. It's on the to-do list. It's not a matter of having too many buttons in general, but it's our rotations that have too many buttons right now. Other than that, we have a comfortable amount. They certainly have trimmed down on our overall amount of buttons in the past, so I have faith in them that they'll trim our rotations to be more equal to others. It's great that BM can achieve very high DPS now, but with double the amount of button management as the next guy?

But, and I don't understand why this is so difficult to realize, - Powershot has never ever missed moving targets, ever, for the first half of the expansion and the entirety of the beta. Then, mid-patch, without a hotfix notice, it suddenly starts doing so, and not even in a normal way. You don't get a message that says it 'Missed' or was 'Dodged', nothing happens. It fires off and nothing happens at all. It is a bug, not intentional. It was always supposed to hit its primary target and do secondary damage to targets in the way, just like Glaive Toss and Barrage do now. That's what that tier of talents was all about. There is plenty reason to think negative of Blizzard, and this fiasco is just the latest.
    Are you saying it never missed, or you never saw it miss? I feel like I've been hearing this issue of Powershot missing for the whole xpac.

What is the focused aim change about? It's obviously not what is stated on the mmo front page, it's nonsense to reduce pushback from -70% to -10%. The tooltip even states that it's the same value (I guess no one looks at that?). So it's either nothing at all or something completely different.

The tooltip says "decreased power cost by -10", and this is an additional spell effect. Power cost of what? Power is supposed to be focus?

Last edited by Sarevoc; 2012-12-22 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevoc View Post
    What is the focused aim change about? It's obviously not what is stated on the mmo front page, it's nonsense to reduce pushback from -70% to -10%. The tooltip even states that it's the same value (I guess no one looks at that?). So it's either nothing at all or something completely different.

The tooltip says "decreased power cost by -10", and this is an additional spell effect. Power cost of what? Power is supposed to be focus?

Most likely a datamining error.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Well the official changes are all very good. Only nerf is silencing shot, but I can bite that bullet seeming as CS and SL no longer blanket. BW through LoS and PvP trinket also working on pet are nice changes for BM after the BW nerf. Hunter's Mark change makes sense and the new glyph looks decent when paired with CTHC. No changes to MM or Surv yet, but we'll have to wait and see.

As for PvP in general, it seems Blizzard is finally getting a clue and realising that a million instant CCs isn't fun. Nerfing mage and lock blankets and hammering blood fear and cyclone with the nerf bat is good. Warrior shockwave change is perfect, 40s cooldown is good but there's always the chance you can land that perfect shockwave in 3s and be rewarded for it. I think they are going really overboard on the WW and Rogue buffs though...I really hope we don't end in a situation where the fotm classes just switch and are just as broken as the current ones.

Deleted
    I just have to talk about POWERSHOT!...... MOVING TARGETS CAN DODGE!.... lol no sence in that, how many class in wow do damage without moving, close to none, even casters are casting while moving now................. If we are evolving please GCC! dont bring hunters back to the cave men ages.... Either fix this or change the move to something else.. I dont see how our lvl 90 talent should have a 50 -50 chance,,, its like kill comand missing its target........ no sence! FIX

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    So you are saying that you are right and Blizzard is wrong? I'm not following you here. Glaive toss also doesn't tell you you missed when the target is moving.
    Glaive Toss randomly not hitting its primary target a second time is also a very well-known bug. But considering its shorter cooldown and smaller damage, it's not as important. It's also not near as noticed because most hunters don't use Glaive Toss in PvP, where there is a lot of movement. In PvE, Glaive Toss is a staple, but bosses rarely actually move so it works as intended.

With all this BS surrounding Power Shot I think they should just remove the damn cooldown on it. Add a high focus cost but we still have to get a 3s cast on a 1min cd for it to miss!! Come on...
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

Quote Originally Posted by Lovestar View Post
    Unfortunately that's the exact opposite of GC's Twitter commentary, which has been multiple affirmations that Hunter "rotations feel fine", but they have "too many specialized utility buttons".

If they do any trimming, it will be more stuff like cutting out Eyes of the Beast. Expect the actual combat cycles to remain deliberately unchanged, barring one of the devs' characteristic inexplicable changes-of-heart ("Moving should be terrible" > "OK never mind, we removed Aspect of the Fox and now you can Aimed Shot while moving. LOL!")
    But the thing is, we don't have too many buttons as a whole, when compared to other classes. The only reason he would say such a thing is because, well, we have too many in our PvE rotations. And we do. It's been said again and again by people. Just open up any Beast Mastery guide and look at the appalling opening rotation for it. All 3 specs are clogged with 3-4 new talents added into their rotations, as well as having to flawlessly weave Readiness into it and then use them all again. On top of their normal spec's rotations and restrictions. There's no way he meant "Oh we're going to remove Eagle Eye so that your bars are less full." That's silly.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...61101934178304
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...27655863140352

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion
    Can you elaborate on the "hunters have too many buttons" thing? A lot of people enjoy it.. Do you intend to remove abilities?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    Overall, we think hunters have too many situational abilities and cooldowns. # of rotational abilities is generally good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nooska
    I'm curious, whats your distinction between 1) situational abilities, 2) cooldowns and 3) rotational abilities?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    Deterrence - situational. BW - cooldown. Arcane Shot - rotational.

That makes very little sense to me, I personally feel it's skills like Dire Beast that cause button bloat (Not that I want it removed/changed, but I think a lot of the complains are because of skills like that.)

I don't think we have that many situational abilities though, and there's barely any fights where you would use all of them, not sure where he's coming from with that

In case people haven't figured it out yet, Blizzard balances classes around representation. There's a ton of warriors out there and they've been getting hit by the nerf bat HARD. Rogues are few and far between and it's pretty damn obvious that the 5.2 changes will make them over the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Alright so a hunter bug being called "mechanic" is nothing new but this glyph of disengage should make the 15s disengage talent more appropriate and I could see myself replacing glyph of disengage for it. Also why haven't they built in widow venom into SrS since they already built in the hunter's mark. They should just get us on par with the rest of the classes already.

Edit: also noticed wyvern venom is at 45s CD and that SiS is 24 so it makes wyvern a bit more appealing now. Is it still 8s sleep or is it reduced now? This could make the hunter class play a bit more like a Fmage back in wrath. LoS until you're able to get in there and CC the hell out of the healer.
    Last edited by redrobin3; 2012-12-23 at 08:27 AM.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    on a positive note, if they made powershot instant cast but still misses a target that is moving, that could be fairly interesting. with a 2 second cast and the target must stand still its pretty much pointless in pvp. i think with an instant cast it could be pretty fun to use when you find a sitting duck, and it truly makes it a skill shot.
    Intel i5-2500k@4.4ghz
    Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3
    Gigabyte N560OC 1gb gpu
    Corsair 2x4gb
    Antec v2 Two Hundred
    Razer Blackwidow Ultimate
    Razer Naga

I feel like i'm missing a really big point. What is the reason that Powershot can't be designed like Glaive Toss in that you target a mob or player, cast your powershot and it hits it? Having a skill shot in a game like WoW seems terrible -especially- for a talent that is used in pvp that has a cast time.

Personally i'm trying to look at the good/interesting side of things.
    Dire horns, dinosaur tier, new raids, new things to kill, and glyph of marked for death being baseline.

Kinda sucks that it trades one necessary glyph for another though :/
    Now if only they'd fix MM...