Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    It's not wrong, of course not, no.

The question is this: why would a man carry anything other than a wallet, keys and cell? Wallet back pocket, keys front pocket, cell front pocket or holder.

Why carry a bag?
    I carry my phone, wallet, keys, mobile, a book, a magazine, lotion, hand sanitizer,other crap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    I carry my phone, wallet, keys, mobile, a book, a magazine, lotion, hand sanitizer,other crap.
    Well OK then. I guess the question is, why do you, Mr. Metrosexual, have a book/magazine and lotion/sanitizer with you? Where are you headed and how long is the trip when you have those?

Deleted
    Well OK then. I guess the question is, why do you, Mr. Metrosexual, have a book/magazine and lotion/sanitizer with you? Where are you headed and how long is the trip when you have those?
    Why would he be a metrosexual because he has a man bag?

Some people like to carry with them more than just a wallet, keys, etc, there's nothing wrong with that, if you think that, well, not everyone is the same and you should just respect people that you consider "different".

I personally see nothing wrong with people having wtv they have on them, let them, it won't affect and if it did, it's none of my business/concern nor it's in my right to judge them.

Hand sanitizer if you go out to eat, book/e-reader if you go on the train? Don't see how hard that is to imagine.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Indiana Jones wears one.

Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    The question here was about the concept of "man". There's absolutely nothing wrong with carrying a huge satchel of all kinds of useful things with you. The point was, there's a concept of what is "man" and "manly". You may think it's not correct, and you may very well be right that it needs to change.

I think what needs to be said here is that thus far though, it is not considered "manly" to carry a handbag.

Men are stupid. Men are gruff. Men carry only what they need, and often forget half of those somewhere. What's considered "manly" by most of the people on this planet is very simple and silly, and unfortunately heterosexual.

Is there anything WRONG with doing X? No. If X is not Y though, Y being the concept of "manliness", then it's not considered manly. Do you want to be manly or do you want to be doing something that isn't considered wrong?

I think the foshan leather one and the olive green one are lovely, the other not so much. That said I'd rather see a man wearing a messenger style bag than wearing baggy ass tacky cargo pants to fit all their stuff into.

15+ Year Old Account
    I just use a bookbag, no need to get fancy.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

First, your forum picture is a pony from a TV series with a target market of pre-teen girls.

Second, why do you need to carry a book, a magazine, lotion, and hand sanitizer among other things? What type of an excursion are you going on? A book and a magazine? how much reading do you have time to do during the day, and even if you have time, get an e-reader or tablet. Any place where you would need to have clean hands also has a sink (surprising, I know!).

Quote Originally Posted by ewhenn View Post
    First, your forum picture is a pony from a TV series with a target market of pre-teen girls.

Second, why do you need to carry a book, a magazine, lotion, and hand sanitizer among other things? What type of an excursion are you going on? A book and a magazine? how much reading do you have time to do during the day, and even if you have time, get an e-reader or tablet. Any place where you would need to have clean hands also has a sink (surprising, I know!).
    The real question is, why the fuck does everybody care so much about what this man chooses to keep on his person? OP, you want to wear a man purse, satchel, bag, whatever, then fucking wear it. Nobody can stop you from being you. And the only people who DO care shouldn't matter. So stop being a sissy, brush the dirt off your shoulder, stop asking for permission and go rock that shit.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder what if it is that men have this need question their sexuality. A case of who knows but when you see skin care products for men and hair colouring products for men and so on it is overwhelming for some.

OT: If it does what you got it for and looks good then you should not have any problems, the days of feeling awkward and so on are slowly going away.

Deleted
    It's not wrong.

It's just not a man bag.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I ever need to carry a lot of things with me I just wear cargo pants withe the leg pockets. If I had to use a bag i would just use a small backpack. I find nothing wrong with wearing satchels or any sort of "man purse" though.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2012-12-22 at 07:05 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Waifu View Post
    Depends on the bag really. I find these a bit too much.

But the ones you linked look fine
    As someone with a pony avatar - i question their masculinity!

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Question all you like, those 2 sassy bitches will beat the hell out of you!

Last edited by slime; 2012-12-22 at 07:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

This is the only kind of bag I wear and I would ever consider wearing. Screw everything else. I don't see why I would wear a PSP with a charger, Android with a charger, pen and paper and/or a freaking brush (And I have long hair).
    Pack of smokes, cellphone, wallet and car keys all fit extremely well in my pants.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    The black coat with the fake fur lining looks pretty comfy.

Anyways... It's not wrong. Nothing wrong at all. Some guys will look at you funny and maybe think you might be something you're not, but that's their deal... not yours. So forget 'em.
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

I have nothing wrong with carrying bags when they are needed. Like for work or school, where you are expected to tote around a lot of crap. With that said, though, I think one of MY OWN aspects of manliness is being somewhat minimalist. As such if you are carrying around that much stuff you don't need you are doing it wrong. Hell i think most guys even carry to much stuff in their wallet.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

10+ Year Old Account
    For everyone wondering WHY he needs it. I mean come on, a magazine, lotion AND hand sanitizer.. isn't it obvious?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    For everyone wondering WHY he needs it. I mean come on, a magazine, lotion AND hand sanitizer.. isn't it obvious?
    LOL!

I see no problem with wearing a bag if you have all kinds of shit, personally I don't do it, but I often find myself getting a great idea for a drawing and nothing to etch it down on and I could see the appeal of having some more stuff at hand. PSP with charger when you have a phone with charger? How much entertainment do you need on the go? Surely your phone has potential for games? I only take my psp and iPad with me if I'm going on a weekend/holiday somewhere.
    The gucci and prada shit is abit over the top though, but hey! That's still just a matter of taste.