Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    At the end of the day dalaran is just a city

Its not the fucking death star

now im sure there is alot of cool magic stuff the kirin tor has stashed away but they dont need dalaran there to use it or do they

My lore regarding dalaran isnt what it should be so if anyone wished to enlighten me about the powers of dalaran please share with me

10+ Year Old Account
    Dalaran in the general sense if just a city, but it's what the city stands for, the mages within that makes it a force to be reckoned with. Im pretty sure a city that floats high in the air, to act as a base of operations (safe from ground attack) would show the Horde that the Alliance means business.

Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    Dalaran in the general sense if just a city, but it's what the city stands for, the mages within that makes it a force to be reckoned with. Im pretty sure a city that floats high in the air, to act as a base of operations (safe from ground attack) would show the Horde that the Alliance means business.
    The thing is the horde has had free reign of the city for years if dalaran had any weakness the horde know what they are

but like you said dalaran is a symbol of kirin tor power dalaran itself does not have power at all except the fact its a floating city

i will say though dalaran will serve as the base for the attack on orgrimmar but it will not show up in pandaria

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    1º Move Dalaran over Orgrimmar
    2º Stop the flying machine
    3º Bazinga!

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    Would be cool to see but looking at the maps of thunder isle it doesnt seem to appear there yet and besides northrend and pandaria is fucking miles away it took the combined ships of the alliance and horde 2 months to reach pandaria

does dalaran have warp capability

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/#image=52maps:1
    The amount of Arcane energy to teleport an entire city would be insane, if they had acces to the second well of eternity maybe, but otherwise I really doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    The amount of Arcane energy to teleport an entire city would be insane, if they had acces to the second well of eternity maybe, but otherwise I really doubt it.
    actually according to lore, sending many many things through one single portal is much more efficient than sending them through different portals. if you imagine that every single member of the kirin tor uses portals to travel, than it's more effective for them to make one big portal and send the whole city than for each of them to make a portal and go by himself.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    My guess is the isle of the thunder king.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    actually according to lore, sending many many things through one single portal is much more efficient than sending them through different portals. if you imagine that every single member of the kirin tor uses portals to travel, than it's more effective for them to make one big portal and send the whole city than for each of them to make a portal and go by himself.
    Still magi have to channel arcane energy around them, if it would have been easy to create such portals, Sargeras could have been summoned without the well of eternity, if enough highborne had worked on his portal.

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Maybe back to its old spot in Hillsbrad.
    Was also thinking about it.

Since Dalaran is moving it means players couldn't use the portals to reach it. I'm more into the instance/scenario thing. Maybe a PvP scenario where Alliance attacks Orgimmar with Dalaran and Horde has to defend it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sokatsui View Post
    Was also thinking about it.

Since Dalaran is moving it means players couldn't use the portals to reach it. I'm more into the instance/scenario thing. Maybe a PvP scenario where Alliance attacks Orgimmar with Dalaran and Horde has to defend it.
    Tactically why would dalaran wanna go back to old hillsbrad the place is a plague ridden shithole filled with yetis and undead plus the forsaken will plague anything that threatens there dominance of the northern kingdoms

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, what? Blood elves infiltrated into Dalaran? How is it possible? This is an outrage! How is it possible that these demonic elves may have entered just like that in a city of the Alliance to release prisoners? Damn! Where is the Kirin Tor? Jaina, show them the power of the Alliance! Go get them all!

This is the height, the weight of the Alliance should fall on those Sin'dorei! All the remaining Blood Elves in Dalaran should be executed for high treason! The Alliance should never have trusted in those addicted to magic ... at least we still have the High Elves, yes, those who are loyal to the Alliance.

The shock troops of the Alliance, including Dalaran, should attack Silvermoon immediately and return the elven capital city to its rightful owners: the Quel'dorei of the Alliance. All that is golden and crimson will be burned and the banners of the Fire Phoenix will be replaced by the Silver Unicorn ones! Silvermoon will be blue and silver again and its control will returns to the Alliance!

It seems that gay elves are reluctant to kill their enemies ... a shame! The alliance will not be as compassionate with them. For every high elf fallen a hundred blood elves will fall: the time where the authentic Quel'dorei take the lead has come; all their sufferings will be amply avenged.

In any case, the honorable High Elves, those who truly love their traditions and hate the atrocities that both the Blood Elves and their Horde have committed, will show their undying loyalty to the High King Varian and the Alliance ultimately. Together, the high elves and the rest of the Alliance will fight for justice and light throughout Azeroth.

Glory to the Alliance! For the high elves! Death to the Sin'dorei and death to the Horde! Jaina rules!

Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Wait, what? Blood elves infiltrated into Dalaran? How is it possible? This is an outrage! How is it possible that these demonic elves may have entered just like that in a city of the Alliance to release prisoners? Damn! Where is the Kirin Tor? Jaina, show them the power of the Alliance! Go get them all!

This is the height, the weight of the Alliance should fall on those Sin'dorei! All the remaining Blood Elves in Dalaran should be executed for high treason! The Alliance should never have trusted in those addicted to magic ... at least we still have the High Elves, yes, those who are loyal to the Alliance.

The shock troops of the Alliance, including Dalaran, should attack Silvermoon immediately and return the elven capital city to its rightful owners: the Quel'dorei of the Alliance. All that is golden and crimson will be burned and the banners of the Fire Phoenix will be replaced by the Silver Unicorn ones! Silvermoon will be blue and silver again and its control will returns to the Alliance!

It seems that gay elves are reluctant to kill their enemies ... a shame! The alliance will not be as compassionate with them. For every high elf fallen a hundred blood elves will fall: the time where the authentic Quel'dorei take the lead has come; all their sufferings will be amply avenged.

In any case, the honorable High Elves, those who truly love their traditions and hate the atrocities that both the Blood Elves and their Horde have committed, will show their undying loyalty to the High King Varian and the Alliance ultimately. Together, the high elves and the rest of the Alliance will fight for justice and light throughout Azeroth.

Glory to the Alliance! For the high elves! Death to the Sin'dorei and death to the Horde! Jaina rules!
    At least try to be civil -.-

Deleted
    With the stupidity Garrosh has it wouldn't surprise me if he launched another attack, this time on Dalaran only to be pushed back and stunned with the power of the Alliance.
    Man Alliance kids are the worst really. Let me say something mighty simple for you.

Garrosh uses Protodragons. Dalaran has a huge weak underside to invade. Do the math.

---------- Post added 2012-12-22 at 06:05 PM ----------

I'm sorry, but ain't the high elves race traitors?

10+ Year Old Account
    Man Alliance kids are the worst really. Let me say something mighty simple for you.

Garrosh uses Protodragons. Dalaran has a huge weak underside to invade. Do the math.

He can't keep using them but I appreciate the personal attacks calling us kids and the worst ^_^
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    He can't keep using them but I appreciate the personal attacks calling us kids and the worst ^_^
    He can't keep using Protodragons? They're animals, they're warbeasts, If anything they're alot more of an asset than a few warmages and seem like the perfect tool to take down a large, floating, slow landmass in the sky.

I call you children because most alliance fans go on huge tirades on "The Might of the Alliance" or "Reclaiming whats lost" like they have a right to everything. This is Warcraft, and as we have seen, those who do not have the strength to such claims, have nothing.

Garrosh's Horde is not the most honorable, but they have matched the Alliance point for point in every engagement and shown how truely they are willing to fight. Claims to lordaeron and any other place aside, the Horde are winning for a reason, and the whole point is to show that the reason is that they are not the same Horde with honor and standards they once were.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    I'm sorry, but ain't the high elves race traitors?
    Did the High Elves stop calling themselves Quel'dorei, discrediting their ancestors and dishonoring their roots?

Did the High Elves left behind their old allies (the humans and dwarves) and every one of their ancestral traditions and symbols?

Did the High Elves join the Horde (formed by orcs, trolls, goblins, undead and other historical enemies of the elven race)?

Were the High Elves who contaminated and condemned their own race for all eternity by unleash their magic addiction absorbing demonic energies?

Did the High Elves deny their glorious past towards a future at the mercy of the designs of the Warchief on duty?

The answer to your question and all these questions is NO, the High Elves did not.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd think that Dal has devices to redirect ley lines and other cool stuff. I mean, we know that arcane can me used to create some pretty devastating weapons.

On other point, all I'm thinking is SUPERGATE to move Dalaran over Pandaria in a pinch, if anyone in Azeroth could blow up a sun to create a black hole to power a wormhole that big, it's Jaina Proudmore.

10+ Year Old Account
    At least try to be civil -.-

He's....passionate...give him that much.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Did the High Elves stop calling themselves Quel'dorei, discrediting their ancestors and dishonoring their roots?
    they refused to honor the blood of the fallen by renaming themselves Sin'dorei

Did the High Elves left behind their old allies (the humans and dwarves) and every one of their ancestral traditions and symbols?
    their old allies abandoned them to the scourge, and than tried to spy and sabotage them.

Did the High Elves join the Horde (formed by orcs, trolls, goblins, undead and other historical enemies of the elven race)?
    by refusing to join the same group 90% of their people did, that 10% became traitors.

Were the High Elves who contaminated and condemned their own race for all eternity by unleash their magic addiction absorbing demonic energies?
    by refusing to feed on those energies, the high elves created an uncomfortable situation within the government of silvermoon. theron couldn't lead a destroyed and divided nation, and he couldn't fix it fast enough, so he had to exile the 10% who didn't want to follow the same path as the rest of their people in order to maintain the order within his country. they brought it upon themselves.

Did the High Elves deny their glorious past towards a future at the mercy of the designs of the Warchief on duty?
    no, they deny their glorious past towards a future at the mercy of people who don't really care about their dying race, namely humans.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    they refused to honor the blood of the fallen by renaming themselves Sin'dorei
    That's not exactly the whole picture or why.

They did rename themselves Blood Elves up until the point Rommath returned and showed Kael's methods which caused the split. The siphoning of magic in the way Kael taught was seen as a part of this new Blood Elf culture and it was so wrong in their opinion that they would have nothing to do with the Blood Elves. In the High Elves eyes the Blood Elves were essentially dishonouring the memory of the dead by committing such acts.