Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Why cant they just say the fucked up?

It's so tiring to see that Blizzard cant just say "hey, we fucked up" .

When people were complaining about Warrior TFB stacks they basicly said "Its very rare to get and you can also track the stacks on the enemy buffs to avoid the damage" and then what happened, they nerfed it cause it was totally out of control.

When people complained about blanket silenced they said "Blanket silences are part of a tactic and skillful play cause you can prevent instant casts etcetc"
    What happens next? They remove blanket silences.

Why cant we just get a plain and simple "We fucked up here, this is bad, we will nerf it"

To me the fact that they dont just makes me think that they are very insecure and makes their changed based on qq threads rather than actual fact, dont they have staff that TEST before shit goes live?

changes i think are stupid:

deep freeze breaks on shatter
    removal of wizard blanket CS. blankets as an insurance policy for scrubs that get juked is stupid, blankets in higher rated play are very useful, ESPECIALLY with how many instant cast heals there are in the game.
    rogue ascendance??????
    clone DR, what a joke...
    CD on clone for ferals...

there's some good stuff in there that was good and pleasantly surprising. we've got a ways to go til 5.2, i think we'll be in good shape if the dumb shit doesnt good live.
    Arena Master Elemental Shaman
    Maeros@Illidan
    http://www.twitch.tv/chroniclinex
    http://www.youtube.com/chroniclinex

Blizzard says all the time that PvP has had a lot of issues since the launch of MoP.

They don't literally say "we fucked up" because that would be retarded, but they admit almost daily that PvP has issues and that they're working to fix it...and they've already fixed an utter fuckload.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yourcatdead View Post
    Because it's considered bad publicity.
    A lot say there's no such thing as bad publicity

Quote Originally Posted by Waifu View Post
    A lot say there's no such thing as bad publicity
    i don't think you understand what people mean when they say that.

Deleted
    I think honesty towards their customers would be considered good publicity.

Honestly if they said "We were not happy with pvp in 5.0-5.1 and think it was the weakest since mop launched" how is that bad publicity? Or we're "the most unhappy(lol) in regards to pvp"

Deleted
    Their Lead Systems Designer got a PhD in marine science....WTF?!?

In Germany, there's a lack of general practitioners on the countryside.
    Blizzard solution: Let taxi drivers do the job!

PvP has never been close to being balanced in this game. It's a mix of sheer incompetence, bias as well as a general lack of focus on PvP (PvE changes fuck up PvP faster than they can be bothered to implement their crude band-aid "fixes").

Quote Originally Posted by Tenobaal View Post

Vetternwirtschaft.

when it comes to pvp they just don't think they did, GC's twitter responses on pvp shows how little he understands pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by chronicline View Post
    changes i think are stupid:

deep freeze breaks on shatter
    removal of wizard blanket CS. blankets as an insurance policy for scrubs that get juked is stupid, blankets in higher rated play are very useful, ESPECIALLY with how many instant cast heals there are in the game.
    rogue ascendance??????
    clone DR, what a joke...
    CD on clone for ferals...

there's some good stuff in there that was good and pleasantly surprising. we've got a ways to go til 5.2, i think we'll be in good shape if the dumb shit doesnt good live.
    because wizards totally don't need partners or don't have other ways to stop casts?
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it's considered bad publicity. Ask anybody who regularly PvPs, they will say Blizzard fucked up with warriors/hunters. If you haven't noticed every single class has been known for being "insane" every expansion. We'll see if they can fix it.
    And we have a winner!

One of the big factors (although not the only one) in why I stopped playing, was that I was sick and tired of giving my money to a company that considers it fine to lie to me on a regular basis.

Because it's considered bad publicity. Ask anybody who regularly PvPs, they will say Blizzard fucked up with warriors/hunters. If you haven't noticed every single class has been known for being "insane" every expansion. We'll see if they can fix it.
    Enhancement Shamans would disagree with you. Poor guys, I don't think that they've ever had a season where they weren't gimped on some level.

But you're right, no corporate titan is going to come out and say that they messed up at what they do.

Deleted
    Ghostcrawler, on his twitter, has admitted numerous times they made mistakes and were wrong, but "people" choose to ignore those tweets, and just read those that allow them to whine and cry.

Deleted
    If you can't read that between the lines, there is no hope for you.

Why would they literally have to say "We fucked up", while they almost daily admit there are things to work on?

People wanted change. They got it. However, they wanted changes to the OTHER classes and not themselves and didn't realize when one class goes down, at least 2-3 follow regardless if they are OP or not.

Be careful what you wish for.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenobaal View Post

I have a degree in English Lit and I work as a chef. What is your point?

Blizzard won't ever admit to it because activision won't ever admit to it.

They admit to failures all the time. They even admitted Cata was a huge fuckup.

They don't say "this is bad, we will nerf it" because they haven't made any set plans yet and don't want to be quoted out of context on something.

Basically, it's your fault they aren't telling you, community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because some people can admit a mistake more eloquently than 'lulz we fucked up'.

They've admitted time and time again that PvP balance is something that is tricky to achieve. As for the dumb 'don't they have testers?' comment, of course they have testers. But there is a big difference, a huge difference, between internal/limited testing and what happens when your product gets dropped into the laps of 9-10 million people.

If you had a clue how game design works, you'd know that.