Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    It's actually a dps increase even in single target. It's all depends on your melee dmg and how many spirits are involved.
    If we think about splitting our total damage at the end of a fight like as we did it by playing spirits, a preliminary formula could be:

1 spirit, % = (60+(100-melee)*0.6)-100
    2 spirit, % = (40+(100-melee)*0.4*2)-100

That means, there is a dps increased for one spirit if melee damage is < 33% and for two spirit if < 25%

Actually, melee is 20% of total damage, so by splitting with 1 spirit and 2 spirits there is a 8% and 4% increasing dps.
    For achieve the 120% damage as the ability says, our melee should be 0%, and that's almost impossible.

On my Feng kill on Tuesday (which is about as close to a Patchwerk single-target fight you can get for melee) my melee was 19.2%. With 8% of my damage being from SCK, it makes sense that my melee damage would be around 20% on pure single-target. However, Tiger Strikes was another 9% of damage. That would result in an actual DPS decrease with 2 spirits and a slight (2.6%) DPS increase with one spirit. Enterprising young Monks might be able to squeak out a DPS increase on a single-target, but it would greatly hamper target-swapping (assuming it costs GCDs to set the spirits on a new target) and it wouldn't really affect balance at all.

Of course, that all assumes that we don't alter our playstyle at all. With FoF replacing AAs meaning less with spirits up, it would become a no-brainer to have 3 Spirits out and use FoF on cooldown, as AAs would be a much lower percent of total damage. It could get very interesting depending on the exact mechanics of the spirits.

Quote Originally Posted by Uko View Post
    I like that it states the summoned adds fixate their target till the target dies but like others have said it needs a numbers tuning. Overall fixes cleave and its an iconic spell. So who blew ghostcrawler to get this added to the game?
    This person must be placed on a pedestal and venerated till the end of time by all monks.

Deleted
    Am I the only one that doesn't really see this as a classic cleave, in fact it's more of a multi-dot?

In my eyes a cleave must allow you to do most of you normal single target dps, something like 70-80%, whilst sharing damage to another mob. Any fight that requires you to keep high single target dps whilst cleaving will rule this out as an option more often than not. Not that I am saying it isn't a step in the right direction and definitely has a cool factor of over 9000, but in it's current state I don't think it will be that amazing right now. Saying that, it does look like a half completed spell so let's wait and see where it ends up come live, should be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Alianthos View Post
    ahah good old pandaren ultimate in dota ? want.
    It is Warcraft 3.
    DotA port the spell in.

10+ Year Old Account
    *Ahem*

HEED MY CALL!

Good to finally see this spell in some way in the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Deleted
    I think Blizz is playing with idea of redesigning all cleave abilities. Look at the Rogue Blade fury patch notes:
    Blade Flurry now deals 75% less damage.
    Can't find war cleave, but it's start of PTR anyway.

http://ptr.wowdb.com/spells/137639-storm-earth-and-fire this version says whenever the monk deals damage, not just special abilities, so why does the one on the patch notes say different O.o

If you notice, it also says "for each elemental warrior summoned the Monks own damage will be reduced by 20%", which doesn't go with what the patch notes say of 60/40% reduced damage.

I really don't know what it was like this ability back in WC3, but by the looks of it, it sounds like a Shaman ability, not a Monk one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiru View Post
    If this does make it into game, I'd bet on the spirits being unable to deal damage to the same target as you, and for it probably to be weakened too. It seriously just looks like a cleave ability to me, something WW is sorely lacking.
    It lower your damage which in turn lower your elemental damage as well.
    Each elemental summon reduce your damage by 20%.

Quote Originally Posted by Exorte View Post
    It lower your damage which in turn lower your elemental damage as well.
    Each elemental summon reduce your damage by 20%.
    He's aware of that. The point was that on single-target it would be a DPS increase to have one out. Especially if it turns out they actually do copy autoattacks.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    Lets just agree there's no wawy they're going to give us an ability clearly designed to fill our cleave spot that will end up being a single target dps increase shall we? I know they can be stupid sometimes but it's blatantly obvious they wouldn't allow it to work like that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LeyrHao View Post
    I really don't know what it was like this ability back in WC3, but by the looks of it, it sounds like a Shaman ability, not a Monk one.
    It was a brewmaster ability in WC3.....

10+ Year Old Account
    It’s been a while since Blizzard invented a great, evocative, exciting ability like this. Good to hear they still can provide at least some greatness to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess Day View Post
    Lets just agree there's no wawy they're going to give us an ability clearly designed to fill our cleave spot that will end up being a single target dps increase shall we? I know they can be stupid sometimes but it's blatantly obvious they wouldn't allow it to work like that.
    As much as theorizing is fun, this is probably true. Whether they adjust the numbers on it or disallow spirits being on a target your main is focusing on, I can't really see it being a mandatory single-target DPS thing.

Don't know how it will turn out, just know that I want it. Badly.

If they can get it working right it will be a ton of fun.

So...kinda like Mirror Images, except clones copy our attacks and don't spam 1 spell? No matter what it does sound kinda fun though. Shame the actual Brewmaster can't used it (assuming the front page is right), imagine tanking with clones lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Which is funny, because it would have been really useful for Brewmasters. Hold threat on several targets to prevent burst-on-pull DPS taking a side-mob or even a boss in some cases, and allowing offtanking Brewmasters to keep threat on a boss while off doing something else. (Rounding up adds on Elegon or keeping dps on the boss while turned into an Amber Monstrocity.) Not a lot of call for it in this raid tier, but definitely in dungeons and on world bosses.
    Never had anyone pull stuff off me as brewmaster, only another tank (and they generally have to taunt).

I'm interested in what sort of survivability they have, and if you can move them in any way, because these could be amazing for the Brawlers Guild Rank 8!
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

Deleted
    I'm really excited about this ability. I deeply hope it makes it to live!