Page 1 of 3
LastLast

How many bosses are 1 tankable this tier? (normal mode)

Unfortunately our best dps is a tank in OS, so just wondering how many bosses can we have him dpsing?

unfortunately none are 1 tankable atleast not with out putting too much stress on the healers

tho elegon maybe

Deleted
    Spirit kings, zorlok, garalon, wind-lord, protectors, tsulong (kinda iffy). Just go find yourself another tank tbh.

Forgot kings.
    Last edited by mmoc321e539296; 2012-12-22 at 11:29 PM.

MSV - Spirit kings
    HOF - Imperial Vizier, Garalon, wind lord
    Terrace - protectors

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    HOF - Garalon,
    don't u need 2 tanks for soaking the cleaves? or dose a plate dps work?

Only fight in vaults that I can think of that only require one tank are the spirit kings (4th boss). The rest have a tank swap or add(s) to tank. I think there are a few more that can be single tanked in HoF, but it looks like most of the encounters require 2 tanks still.

Spirit Kings, Zor'lok, Garalon

Deleted
    don't u need 2 tanks for soaking the cleaves? or dose a plate dps work?
    A plate dps or even a rogue is fine (and imo even preferable).

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    unfortunately none are 1 tankable atleast not with out putting too much stress on the healers

tho elegon maybe
    I take it you have not raided this tier? I wouldn't say Elegon is 1 tankable, due to debuff's and add's and what not, spirit kings is obviously a 1 tank fight, Zorlok, garalon are 1 tankable, heck garalon doesnt even needs tanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    , heck garalon doesnt even needs tanks
    let me guess the furious swipe even with 14 stacks hit for 10k? tanks are there to soak them

10+ Year Old Account
    let me guess the furious swipe even with 14 stacks hit for 10k? tanks are there to soak them
    14 stacks of what? Furious swipe damage doesn't go up unless the tanks fail to soak it. A rogue would be excellent for it since they could just hit feint before each swipe. Two rogues would probably take about the same damage as two tanks while dealing much higher damage.

Fights I know are 1tank or can be done with one are Spirit Kings, Wind Lord, Garalon, and Imperial Vizier. You could probably could manage Feng as well but it would be tough on the healers and require good dps.
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2012-12-22 at 11:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Deleted
    You don't need to be a tank to soak it, there's been guilds having 2 rogues soaking all the furious swipe etc.

Deleted

tho elegon maybe
    Ehr, lol what? :P

Almost every boss is possible to do with one tank, however not really viable, especially for progress.

From personal experience:

and difficulty to 1 tank
    easy = worth it
    medium = you could try
    hard = Well, if you want to get record kill or just for fun you could do.

SG - Extremely hard, comp dependant and RNG. ( Actually possible while chaining cooldowns for explosions and huge luck, but really, really, not viable. doable and viable are two different things )
    Feng - Medium, could be worth it if your tank and healers know how to play.
    Gara'Jal - Easy, requires plate dps as "off tank". Could be worth it if your dps is worse than your healers
    SK - 1 tank, no question about it
    Elegon - Easy one tankable. Two options - Either have a dps capable of tanking big adds, well, tanking them. Or just blow up big adds in circle and use defensive CDs.
    Emperor - Hard, doable but not worth it. Dubble dancing is a bitch for the tank lol.

HoF

Imperial Vizier - 1 tank fight
    Blade-lord - 2 tank fight, could possibly be one tanked with some specific combos and cooldown chaining, but not worth it.
    Garalon - 0 tankabe
    Wind Lord - 1 tank
    Amber-Shaper - 2 tanks
    Empress - Impossible, 2 tanks needed

Terrace

Protector - Easy mode for sure 1 tankable, I see no reason elite mode should not be doable aswell with sick dps and cooldown chaining
    Tsulong - Medium, with a good tank, no problem. Atleast with a paladin tank.
    Lei-Shi - I know it has been 1 tanked, but have not tried myself so can not say how hard it would be. 2 tanks easier for sure
    Sha - Impossibe, 2 tanks needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    From personal experience:
    Tsulong - Medium, with a good tank, no problem. Atleast with a paladin tank.
    Just wondering, how do you deal with shadow breath stacks? CDs?, hoping he waits more than 30 seconds between casts like he sometimes does? bubble?
    I would very much enjoy 1-tanking this fight, trying to not outthreat my cotank is annoying sometimes .

Deleted
    Just use cds. Nothing special really. He casts 5 breath each transition.

Breath 1, no cd.
    Breath 2, small cd
    Breath 3, big cd
    Breath 4, ardent defender
    Breath 5, small cd + pain sup

That was how we did it.

Just look what CDs you have and use them smartly.

It is possible to have a plate/rogue/hotw druid to taunt the boss just before the third breath and let the tank reset stacks, its completely trivial than, but we did not bother with that was easy enough soaking all 5 breaths

What? I don't... Huh?

15+ Year Old Account
    What are you even talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Braindwen View Post
    Just wondering, how do you deal with shadow breath stacks? CDs?, hoping he waits more than 30 seconds between casts like he sometimes does? bubble?
    I would very much enjoy 1-tanking this fight, trying to not outthreat my cotank is annoying sometimes .
    You can survive a 1stack breath with no CDs.. depends how many breaths there are before the next sun phase, but if its less than 4-5 im sure its doable.

Yeah, at 5 breaths it's something I can see myself comfortably surviving with a few externals (which they're used to me calling for on protectors anyway), as long as I don't get stupid with dread shadows at 4-5x damage.

Main challenge is convincing my raid to let me do that now. Hopefully since our pally's ret from protectors anyway, "it would be more fun for me" will be a valid reason.

Quote Originally Posted by cyqu View Post
    What are you even talking about?
    Hes revealing his intimate knowledge of raiding ofc!