Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Thrall because Metzen
    Whatever Garrosh is, ignorant of Thralls influence he isn't. In fact, Thrall is one of the very few characters hordeside that Garrosh is ever shown to be physically intimidated by. (Saurfang and Cairne share that notable company.)

Expect a "thralls kids/agra kidnapped" any moment now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    Whatever Garrosh is, ignorant of Thralls influence he isn't. In fact, Thrall is one of the very few characters hordeside that Garrosh is ever shown to be physically intimidated by. (Saurfang and Cairne share that notable company.)

Expect a "thralls kids/agra kidnapped" any moment now.
    tbh I hope they don't do that. What Thrall needs is to become involved with the horde again not because Garrosh did something to him on a personal level, but because this is his horde, and he's here to fight for it.
    #boycottchina

"War is the enemy"?

It's World of Warcraft. It started with war, it will end with it. Current events are simply a more intense part of a greater war that will go on until the WoW is done. PvP won't be removed from the game right out of fuckin nowhere.

Speaking of Voices of Reason, or plothole fillers, there are a few.

Anduin Vrynn. Previously a child out of place, willing to stop the war witout any knowledge or experiance, just by hippy power. He used to say "Im tellin!" when irriteted by too many left clicks. But what happened in 5.1? Anduin grew some balls, approached an actual orc with an actual hammer, and kinda stopped him! Which left him in near death state.
    After 5.2 (if Blizzard doesn't wanna make the previous events entirely pointless) Anduin will probably becrippled, who knows if not for life. But being crashed by a great chunk of metal might be a turnaround in the character. Anduin, crippled, might have time to rethink what he believes in. Perhaps understand that each war has two sides, and his own father and "aunt" (#@!$ seriously...) are one of them. And, more importantly, that this war cannot be stopped. That hate cannot simply go away. But, after learning all that, he might be able to see things in not-bullshit way. He may be the mediator to start negotiations between the Alliance and the Horde, the part which wants Garrosh down. Not peace negotiations, but a short-lived coalition made in order to bring Garrosh back. And, after that, this character might actually become one of the most prominent leaders of the Alliance.

The other is Vol'Jin. As much as the entire hate between him and the current warchief is understandable, Garroshes sudden idea to kill him and just throw away a great portion of the Horde does not. Vol'Jin however may be the one who brings Garrosh down. Not by his cliche arrow, but by becoming a symbol of Garrosh tyranny, and thereafter a leader of the rebellion. Played well, Vol'Jin may, in fact, become a new Warchief, not a peacekeeper like Thrall, but a notable leader who is willing to make the bonds between the Horde races stronger. And, as much I don't really see him as a Warchief, it's probably him or Thrall. Sorry, Go'El.

My bet is: Anduin will be the creator of the coalition between the Alliance and the Horde, and Vol'Jin its leader. Would make some sense, I guess.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    tbh I hope they don't do that. What Thrall needs is to become involved with the horde again not because Garrosh did something to him on a personal level, but because this is his horde, and he's here to fight for it.
    I am convinced that the over araching story for the horde is for the average orc (read Nazgrim) to realise that Thrall has been right all along.

The orc s followed Thrall h has been a talisman for them for years. But he's not really one of them in certain key ways. The older orcs "get it" because they have the experience of fighting and dying for stupid beliefs but they never found a fix for the younger orcs who see the world without the older orcs experiences.

If blizzard plays it right, they can have nazgrim/allypiratebloke doing the right thing at the end in a blaze of glory without the leadership which will show the orcs have matured.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like Nazgrim, I hope he doesn't die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Metzen? is that you?
    Yes. Now to more important matters, isn't Falstad dead? Hihihi

Agreed and given how lor'themar pretty much tells you to spill kirin tor blood in 5.2 thats out.
    So if it isn't Lor'themar, who could it be? :/ Baine? Anduin bonds with a Tauren in Pandaria after all, that could link to him getting on neutral/friendly terms with the Tauren leader.

Or we're thinking entirely wrong about it. It could just be that Wrathion is pushing the two sides into clashing with each other to finally let everything they've had against each other go, with the finale of defeating Garrosh. Together. This could achieve in the Alliance and Horde to both realize that to defeat new/old threats they need to keep fighting together. So instead of having a couple of characters preaching about peace and diplomacy the things the factions do together after spilling so much of each others blood makes everyone realize what needs to be done. But then there's the issue with this being an MMO and the Horde needs to have a grudge against the Alliance, and vice versa. So we most likely won't get any long-lasting peace.

But even so, if the upcoming expansion has such big threats (Burning Legion, I guess) that the two factions needs to REALLY cooperate (not "cooperate" like they did in northrend), what the hell is going to happen PvP-wise? New BGs, for example, has always been a feature of new expansions. If we have an expansion of peace with Horde/Alliance, how would they handle PvP? :/
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    I am convinced that the over araching story for the horde is for the average orc (read Nazgrim) to realise that Thrall has been right all along.

The orc s followed Thrall h has been a talisman for them for years. But he's not really one of them in certain key ways. The older orcs "get it" because they have the experience of fighting and dying for stupid beliefs but they never found a fix for the younger orcs who see the world without the older orcs experiences.

If blizzard plays it right, they can have nazgrim/allypiratebloke doing the right thing at the end in a blaze of glory without the leadership which will show the orcs have matured.
    Well that would be a turning point in the story and one I've brought up a lot in other posts, its even spoken about by Thrall when he saved the darkspear from the kor'kohn, that him walking into orgrimmar, killing garrosh and ordering them to obay him would make him no better then Garrosh, and that he has to find another way.
    The key being that the horde, or in the greater majority of this, the orcs need to mature as a race, to stop just jumping on the ideal of the next warmonger the comes along and keep to an ideal, much like the pandaren themselves have done without a leader.

not to say the orcs shouldn't have a warchief, but the first part should be a major device in how to save the orcs from themselves.
    #boycottchina

Earthen ring will be hearing through the whispers of the wind what's going on in Dalaran and jump on their ponies and ride the rainbows and put a stop to this! They will purify Jaina who comes to her senses - the end.

Really have no idea what will happen, but it's getting very exciting regardless!
    ~ stuff, the best thing ~

thralls baby, who is all grown up now.

how? noone knows!

my staff and my felguard's axe will be the voices of reason.

we're gonna beat everybody into peace, alliance and horde alike
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Deleted
    Well that would be a turning point in the story and one I've brought up a lot in other posts, its even spoken about by Thrall when he saved the darkspear from the kor'kohn, that him walking into orgrimmar, killing garrosh and ordering them to obay him would make him no better then Garrosh, and that he has to find another way.
    The key being that the horde, or in the greater majority of this, the orcs need to mature as a race, to stop just jumping on the ideal of the next warmonger the comes along and keep to an ideal, much like the pandaren themselves have done without a leader.

not to say the orcs shouldn't have a warchief, but the first part should be a major device in how to save the orcs from themselves.
    Yeah spot on.

I believe Thrall walked away from the orcs mostly to live as his own man and have kids, but also to give the orcs themselves a chance to grow the fuck up. his job ain't done (and his kida ren't safe) until the orcs wise up. A harsh lesson via giving them exactly what they want seems to go along with that.

What I speculate is:

After the defeat of Garrosh both major forces are inside Orgrimmar when this happens

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...WGyXLFk#t=124s

Clarification

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...6hKqkY_Y#t=65s

About the saving voice of reason:

I think the war does not end. So it would be either fight the Legion or die

But if someone needs to say something I think it will be Wrathion
    Last edited by Nozg; 2012-12-23 at 01:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostblade View Post
    from this point he only talks with the leaders. as in the entire of the dominance offensive. he didn't leave pandaria. first helped by chen. then send too shado-pan monastary.
    Obviously he only talks to the leaders.

Garrosh still believes he's dead, if Garrosh knows he's alive he will know that the players lied to him and goes apeshit.

Vol'jin and such will stay in the shadows until they are 100% sure to make their move, the question is when they start to recruit more than just Tauren / Trolls / Blood elves.

The Lich King or Sargeras, when they ROFLstomp both the Horde and Alliance since they're so preoccupied with fighting each other, they seemed to have forgotten the worst enemies that threaten Azeroth.

I never got the "put the WAR back in WARcraft", there's actual villains to fight, and people just want boring war between 2 factions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Obviously he only talks to the leaders.

Garrosh still believes he's dead, if Garrosh knows he's alive he will know that the players lied to him and goes apeshit.

Vol'jin and such will stay in the shadows until they are 100% sure to make their move, the question is when they start to recruit more than just Tauren / Trolls / Blood elves.
    the rest could be your job you never know. both you and voljin are the 2 starters/leaders of the rebelion.

No Tusk Club.

Chances are, it'll be Garrosh's actions that make Lorthemar stop and say "We have bigger problems at home. This will have to wait."
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    You honestly believe that Horde and Alliance will live in peace after MoP?

Naah. With Garrosh out of the way we can go back to the uneasy, tension filled cease fire, with the occasional meaningless skirmish here and there while working together towards kicking legion butt.
    Like it was in TBC/WotLK.

I never got the "put the WAR back in WARcraft", there's actual villains to fight, and people just want boring war between 2 factions.
    You can't blame these children species for being short sighted. Humans get what 130years old?
    Last edited by Granyala; 2012-12-23 at 12:10 PM.

Deleted
    why do we need a voice of reason? this game would be a lot more fun with the factions in full out war! thats something that players have yet to experience in game for 1 and it would fire up world pvp like nothing else!I say bring on the war! it might be the kick up the ass storyline wise this game needs and one hell of a lot better then `oh look we`ve discovered some ancient civilization.......oh look lets work together to destroy an evil power threatening it....zzzzzzz

10+ Year Old Account
    and it would fire up world pvp like nothing else!
    Unless WPvP a.k.a. Ganking would net Epics to the general population, NOTHING can revive WPvP at this point in time. Because the lack of rewards is the real reason why it died in the first place, as soon as Battlegrounds were introduced.

Besides: there's something like PVE Servers, you know?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Unless WPvP a.k.a. Ganking would net Epics to the general population, NOTHING can revive WPvP at this point in time. Because the lack of rewards is the real reason why it died in the first place, as soon as Battlegrounds were introduced.

Besides: there's something like PVE Servers, you know?
    sorry i dont play on single player servers.....to me rolling pve may as well be, why play an mmo where your game cannot be affected by other players? they may as well be npcs thrn?