Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Asheriah View Post
    Because DK self healing isn't as related to how many targets you have on you as it is for paladins ? Also because DK take a lot more unmitigated damage than paladins and actually need that self-healing to survive . The two classes are very different, I'm not sure you can compare them like that.
    If it was balanced, DKs wouldn't be able to solo more content than any other tank.

Deleted
    Well, bummer.

I expected that change as I always thought of it as a bug. But seriously? As a hotfix? Aren't there more urgent things to fix?

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Uh yes it is. More targets, more damage taken, more self heals.

As for patch notes

Classes•Paladin•The self heal from Seal of Insight will trigger approximately 33% more often.

Woop de doop :/
    Does that mean it now has a 33% chance to proc twice on on hit?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    If it was balanced, DKs wouldn't be able to solo more content than any other tank.
    Irrelevant. Soloing isn't raiding.

Irrelevant. Soloing isn't raiding.
    Who are you to decide which parts of the game matter and which are irrelevant? Are you the only player?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Who are you to decide which parts of the game matter and which are irrelevant? Are you the only player?
    It is irrelevant, actually. They're not going to balance a game around anybody's ability to solo older content.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

Quote Originally Posted by Thyranne View Post
    I think GC should just go back to what he was doing in beta. Talk to people and see their opinion (but in the end the he'd still have the final word) so we could see what are his plans and show him why some changes are bad.

Most of time he only answer stupid things in Twitter like "when are you leaving Blizzard".
    What I get FURIOUS about is when he's like "I'll make what I find fun", or "I think this is fun, sorry you don't".

Ask any amount of Mages on their opinions of the L90 talents. I guarantee you at least 85% of them will tell you they dislike/loathe them, and about 14% of the missing 15% will be indifferent. The last 1% are the really weird ones who actually like being heavily restricted.

He needs to understand what's fun to him is NOT necessarily fun to the majority of us, and it's really ticking us all off.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    It is irrelevant, actually. They're not going to balance a game around anybody's ability to solo older content.
    While I agree that they won't actively balance classes around soloing older content that does not make it irrelevant neither makes it not being raiding anything irrelevant. Raiding is but one part of this game and last time I looked it was not the only part of the game Blizzard and all players deemed relevant. Maybe you (both of you) should use a less general wording?

Deleted
    And who are you to decide that it isn't ? I too can play this kind of game.

Of course it is my personal opinion, but fact is they already said they wouldn't balance things around soloing. The important part is how well you are able to fare in comparison to other tanks in the current tier of raids.

It isn't a matter of balance if class X can't solo old raids like class Y does. It is only a question of how new mechanics work on old content. I never said it has no impact or importance on the game, I just said it wasn't linked in any way to balance. That is why I said it was irrelevant.

Pretty sucky for Cmodes/Quests/Heroics. Slight nerf in raiding. I don't think they needed to do this IMO.
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Dragon9870 needs to understand what's fun to him is NOT necessarily fun to the majority of us.

Don't throw around numbers like 85% and act as if you are speaking for everyone when you have no data to support that.
    Also how does one make comment on endgame mages, when one is in near full pvp gear, with no meta gem/gems in some slots, and no enchants in others? Kinda lose your legitimacy to comment at that point imho.

Maybe if you were/had an endgame mage in pve 476+ gear then it might be a little more pertinent.

And who are you to decide that it isn't ? I too can play this kind of game.
    Just that calling it irrelevant implies that it is not relevant for anyone while saying it is not irrelvant means that at least one person feels it is relevant. This is why I said maybe you should be more careful with generalisations, because while I agree that they most likely won't change the class balance to make everyone equally able to solo old content it is still something I care about. And Blizzard seems to think so, too, at least they cared enough to change old boss encounters. So while they won't give it a very high priority I think they would keep it in mind.

Deleted
    Just that calling it irrelevant implies that it is not relevant for anyone while saying it is not irrelvant means that at least one person feels it is relevant. This is why I said maybe you should be more careful with generalisations, because while I agree that they most likely won't change the class balance to make everyone equally able to solo old content it is still something I care about. And Blizzard seems to think so, too, at least they cared enough to change old boss encounters. So while they won't give it a very high priority I think they would keep it in mind.
    I never said it wasn't important. Just that it wasn't relevant to what balance is in the eyes of Blizzard.

I wasn't making generalisations, just objectively noticing something that is already well known.

I never said it wasn't important. Just that it wasn't relevant to what balance is in the eyes of Blizzard.

I wasn't making generalisations, just objectively noticing something that is already well known.
    I gathered that I misunderstood your posts from your follow ups, but from the lack of context in the post itself there certainly was no grounds to not to take it the way I did. Because there was no mention of "Blizzard" in your post and the connection to "balance" was not clear, and even if there was, there is evidence that it might be of (minor) relevance to balancing for them now.

Deleted
    I gathered that I misunderstood your posts from your follow ups, but from the lack of context in the post itself there certainly was no grounds to not to take it the way I did.
    Yes. I understand that and I apologize.