Page 46 of 74 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    It would ruin realm economies.
    Says in the ToS they can change anything they like. Suck it up and stop whining like a bitch.

10+ Year Old Account
    People have known that the CRZ was coming since May 10th.
    Like the millions that don't follow the forums and PTR?

Like they're all mindreaders, too?

Let me know when Blizzard adds PTR and change notes at the login screen to notify all the millions -- including all the ninja nerfs and all.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    See? It benefits those who don't pay to transfer, and being quite selfish in trying to understand others who did.

LFD/LFR is like any tool in RL. If used well it's wonderful and an asset. If it's abused and chaos is the rule of the day, it will be disliked passionately.

LFD/LFR/CRZ would be excellent tools IF it reflected data on what happens in public groups/affairs. In public groups/affairs there has to be stricter rules as it only takes ONE bad apple to spoil the fun for so many. In contrast, private outings don't hurt, as it's like minded people doing their own things (give them all the loot options; multiboxing features and what not even).

The whole point about CRZ is it's a public affair that negated what players chose how to play...and paid extra to do so. So some fly-by-night cheap idiot could spoil the fun of others "just for kicks".
    As I said before, the LFR and LFD have saved my realm from being completely abandoned over the past 3 years. If you're not on such a low-pop server that these systems are needed, why don't you just set up your own groups like in the old days? No one is preventing you from doing so.

---------- Post added 2012-12-23 at 05:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    I will do.

by zoning into it from Sinstralis. ;p
    Alliance or Horde? If Horde, I would advise against staying out in the open at Halfhill. Some of us like to repay the Horde for three years of "kindness".

---------- Post added 2012-12-23 at 05:17 PM ----------

According to some, people have known about CRZ since the day vanilla launched. lol
    PVP servers had PVP with no rules then, PVP servers have PVP with no rules now.

---------- Post added 2012-12-23 at 05:19 PM ----------

Suck it up and stop whining like a bitch.

Right back at you.

Quote Originally Posted by Etna View Post
    Stop right there!
    PVP didn't change to a kind they don't like. PVP was like this in Vanilla and tbc! and it was like this in early WOTLK and CAT in high pop servers.
    i'm going to stop you right there pvp was NEVER between 5+ different servers unless it was in a bg it was ALWAYS between the factions of your own server that's where "most" people, as for the 4h battles in stv/ tarren mill have those returned with crz? i doubt it, al that has returned is the ganking then the granker fly's up to hide, the real WPVP like the 4hr STV fights you mention will never return

Like the millions that don't follow the forums and PTR?

Like they're all mindreaders, too?

Let me know when Blizzard adds PTR and change notes at the login screen to notify all the millions -- including all the ninja nerfs and all.
    Again it comes down to uninformed decisions being made by the players. Blizzard is not responsible for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    As I said before, the LFR and LFD have saved my realm from being completely abandoned over the past 3 years. If you're not on such a low-pop server that these systems are needed, why don't you just set up your own groups like in the old days? No one is preventing you from doing so.
    I did and do when folks were whining, "there's no more world PvP".

Holy paladin holding the fort solo even, and not even a bite. Not due to the lack of trying, but the lack of people getting free and easy kills (which is what PvP has become in WoW, not about skill or effort, just gank those 30+ levels lower as some cheap programming for "danger").
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Deleted

PVP servers had PVP with no rules then, PVP servers have PVP with no rules now.[COLOR="red"]
    They used to have the rule "will only meet people from this server."
    Right back at you.
    Exactly, everything works both ways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again it comes down to uninformed decisions being made by the players. Blizzard is not responsible for that.
    Blizzard is responsible for anything related to their game, period. With creation comes responsibilities.

They used to have the rule "will only meet people from this server."
    People should have visited the old world more often then if they truly wanted "the old days" to stay like they were back in Vanilla. CRZ is here to combat zone emptiness. And it does that.

Exactly, everything works both ways.
    Who do you think would whine more? The current "PVP servers are shit now"-crowd, or the people complaining about low-pop servers being completely abandoned and old communities annihilated if Blizzard suddenly introduced free transfers for all? I know my realm would come to a swift and sudden end in less than an afternoon if it were to happen.

---------- Post added 2012-12-23 at 05:35 PM ----------

Blizzard is responsible for anything related to their game, period. With creation comes responsibilities.
    And Blizzard announced it on their front page in huge letters. They can give the people the opportunity to read, but they can't force them to do so. It is up to people to be willing to read and learn. If people refuse to do so, there is nothing Blizzard can do. And at that point, it's on the people making rash decisions.

Deleted
    People should have visited the old world more often then if they truly wanted "the old days" to stay like they were back in Vanilla. CRZ is here to combat zone emptiness. And it does that.
    If people didn't visit the old world to pvp when the opportunity was there there is an easy and simple conlusion, isn't there?

They weren't interested.

Who do you think would whine more? The current "PVP servers are shit now"-crowd, or the people complaining about low-pop servers being completely abandoned and old communities annihilated if Blizzard suddenly introduced free transfers for all? I know my realm would come to a swift and sudden end in less than an afternoon if it were to happen.
    Don't know anything about complaining, never done any.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only because it attracts the same LFD/LFR trash players are disgusted with, because it's easy for them to be community killers (remember consequence free PvP?).

CRZ would be wonderful with stricter rules for being a public affair, not more ninja looting/LFR loot madness that predated it's release...and excused by Blizzard, again.

[QUOTE=Nerraw;19548710

Who do you think would whine more? The current "PVP servers are shit now"-crowd, or the people complaining about low-pop servers being completely abandoned and old communities annihilated if Blizzard suddenly introduced free transfers for all? I know my realm would come to a swift and sudden end in less than an afternoon if it were to happen.[/QUOTE]

simple solution either merge all the low pop servers or just CRZ those unless there's major faction imbalances.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    So, someone being an asshole = you're allowed by law to assault them? I think not.. You'd be facing charges if you punched someone.
    Do you play basketball or some sport or games with friends? If you EVER behave like an asshole while playing with other people you'd get kicked out of the team, even if you behave like an ass against the other team. If you're in the wrong neigbourhood, you'd get punched in the face too ^^

Only because it attracts the same LFD/LFR trash players are disgusted with, because it's easy for them to be community killers (remember consequence free PvP?).

CRZ would be wonderful with stricter rules for being a public affair, not more ninja looting/LFR loot madness that predated it's release...and excused by Blizzard, again.
    this i agree with i don't wan to be annoyed by the same ppl that really tick me off in lfg/lfr

10+ Year Old Account
    If people didn't visit the old world to pvp when the opportunity was there there is an easy and simple conlusion, isn't there?

They weren't interested.
    Because it wasn't easy for them to fly out there (and PvPers use flying mounts like anyone else to participate and escape from getting ganked themselves). Remember this is the new generation of gamers where instant travel and instant gratification is necessary for participation.

While I was out there farming for those Basilisk eyes, I was out there ever time to turn the towers for rep/XP bonuses for my faction. When I'm out with alts I'll do the same in Nagrand.

World PvP points have always been there for players to participate in, but it takes CRZ to assemble the bads to concentrate in zones. -_-

15+ Year Old Account
    PvP happened on a PvP realm. Plain and simple.

What, do you think it was all rainbows and flowers in classic WoW? No. You got ganked by level 60 characters all the time. If you were lucky you could maybe get some higher level players to come help, or switch to a max level alt and track down the character who was ganking you, but more often than not they would high tail it as soon as confronted with another max level.

This is what happens on PvP servers. Has always happened. If for some reason you rolled on a low population PvP server in the last few years and never experienced it, then I'm sorry, but this is the result of other players being around on a PvP server.

If you want to play the game without having the possibility of higher level characters gank you, Blizzard already provides servers to accomodate you. If you didn't roll on a PvE server, that's your own fault, not Blizzard's.

If you didn't know that "player versus player" means "other players can kill me," well, maybe you should have read the manual, or the official website, or, hell, I don't know, rerolled on a PvE server the first time you got ganked, rather than commiting to a PvP server for the long haul and then complaining about it later.

I mean, think about how ridiculous this would sound if you were talking about a roleplay server instead of a PvP server. Maybe that will give you some perspective.

"I rolled on an RP server because I did know what RP was / it was low population, and now that CRZ came out, there are people all over the place acting like the game is really happening! It's really weird! They're talking like they're really their character and are trying to converse with me. This isn't what I signed up for! I don't want to be forced to RP! Blizzard, do something!"
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2012-12-23 at 04:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    What, do you think it was all rainbows and flowers in classic WoW? No. You got ganked by level 60 characters all the time.
    When you were either Alliance or Horde, not this today I'll be Horde, tomorrow I'll be Alliance deal.

As the old saying goes: you can't serve two masters faithfully (Translation for WoWers: to play both factions = apathy to either "cause").

When you were either Alliance or Horde, not this today I'll be Horde, tomorrow I'll be Alliance deal.

As the old saying goes: you can't serve two masters faithfully (Translation for WoWers: to play both factions = apathy to either "cause").
    The only cause is kill whoever has red name plate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Murder is also established, normal human behaviour.
    Murder only happens with primates and rats, Endus.

Murder is not normal behavior. Even without civilized laws (by the primitive laws of survival of the fittest) early man understood that killing your young eliminate your band eventually.

Even Neanderthals had funeral rites and took care of their sick.

So murder even by nature's laws is no way "normal", it actually goes against survival of the species itself (why civilized laws exist, to make it possible to even have civilizations).

They weren't interested.
    In that case, why did people roll on PVP servers then? And then complain about PVP going on in the old world? (yes, in Blizzard's world ganking is PVP)