Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Because it's a war gryphon it's gonna get ruffed up and dirty. It supposed help you kill horde, not win first prize in Stormwind's gryphon of the year.

the non-white feathering are shading texture. I myself prefer it to the clean look. They look battle-worn and gruff. Complaining about this is like complaining about the wrinkles on Clint Eastwood in Gran Tarino, dirty harry or his westerns.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevra View Post
    It's a #$^&*@ fantasy game. You're a blue space goat riding around on flying serpents killing dragons the size of continents. And you're wondering why a gryphon doesn't look like an eagle?
    Does not change origins of these objects.

To argue otherwise is giving everyone the same armor because there's no more armor class restrictions, "just because". Just have that Warrior tank show up in a frilly dress as it has all the plate bonuses, and let Blizzard market that as what a Warrior can be! That would look sooooo kewl as the next tier armor, too!

-_-
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Deleted
    i feed on the tears of alliance kids crying in this topic.

The horde won't look right on such a spiffy looking mount. You know, for when the war is over and we come into your cities to talk too loud and touch all your stuff with greasy fingers.

I think its just to add variety.. the more different they are the better in my opinion

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    In this context it means appalling. Sounds about right considering the model looks half finished.
    You know what else it's used to describe? Inhumane acts, cruelty, war crimes...

Using it to describe a creature in game isn't really appropriate.

That new gryphon model is metaphor for alliance.

What you get from this statement depends entirely on person reading it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkbark View Post

Boohoo, it's an atrocity, period. The wings are horrible, the eyes are soulless, the beak is awful, the legs look like they couldn't support the weight of a supermodel and the ruffled feathers make it look like it just lost a fight with a leaf blower.

I think it looks good, and it's a fantasy world, doesn't have to look like something IRL and all gryphons don't have to look alike. So what if some are darker and have a different beak? I'd love to have that gryphon.

Deleted
    The initial models are more regal than they should have been, it's supposed to be a hard, tough and strong creature.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    The initial models are more regal than they should have been, it's supposed to be a hard, tough and strong creature.
    ..more regal than it should have been..? What am I reading here. It's a combination of a LION and EAGLE, what exactly is more regal than that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkbark View Post

Well, it can be considered an inhumane act and cruel and unusual punishment for Alliance, since it's an Alliance only object.

---------- Post added 2012-12-23 at 11:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    There are reasons why the US and the England has the eagle and lion as national symbols. It's not just because they're majestic, either.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

I don't think it looks dirty, it just looks less contrasting, the colours are more blended and the tones used go well together. Different kind of breeding stock perhaps..hence the lack of pristine white feathers?

I love the new model, I'm not surprised however that people are complaining, they always find something to complain about. Never happy. Happy Christmas! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    That new gryphon model is metaphor for alliance.
    Polished turd I what I take from this statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Yeah, like we see eagles with literally glowing eyes and classify them as eagles.

Darwin has got to be really rolling in his grave now...
    The key difference is that an eagle exists in real life and griffins do not. You could color it pink and put a dick on it's head and it still wouldn't be related to darwinism.

10+ Year Old Account
    The new one is a lot better than the old one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancing Turkey View Post
    I don't think it looks dirty, it just looks less contrasting, the colours are more blended and the tones used go well together. Different kind of breeding stock perhaps..hence the lack of pristine white feathers?

I love the new model, I'm not surprised however that people are complaining, they always find something to complain about. Never happy. Happy Christmas! lol
    The day we are content with mediocrity is the day we stop moving forward.

Is this really what we've come to complain about? The new gryphon model? Aren't there any upcoming class nerfs to whine about or something?

I quite like the new model, tbh all the new models look fantastic.

Deleted
    dont compare it to dodo -.-
    the beaks look nothing like that.