Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brytryne View Post
    As much as I enjoyed the vertical dialogue I will continue this horizontally :<
    Game design is all about effectively re-using as much as possible. If you play any other game you'll see that for example most if not all humanoids use the same base skeleton. Textures are used in various settings, mixed and color tweaked to fit art wise. It isn't lazy design, it's effective design. Less is always more when there are time or size constraints. If the character for some reason NEEDS to have a different skeleton, say if it has two heads and one long arm, they will usually make sure there are enough of them to justify the time spent making it. It doesn't take 5 minutes. The male nelf skeleton in this case is versatile enough to be used for different races. I'm sure you know this already. Now deal with it :P.
    Really would have just thought after so many years, they'd have the ability to not reuse so much as this.

And a lot of other games don't have as much of a high financial, or long-running product like Blizzard has created. The difference is Blizzard has more room, money, and capabilities to change things like this up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    Yeah and you realize if they just focused on Character models 5.2 would be lesser then what we got and it's going to be a good amount of trash mobs and heck I bet we'll see them in dailies.

I wager the Night Elf animations are used only cause some trolls stand up tall and since Night Elves do that best...it must be done.
    Yeah, of course they would not be as excellent to get them now. My argument was aimed at the people getting all upset by the utilizing the night elf animations. If it works, then why get upset over so much?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taximals View Post
    Really would have just thought after so many years, they'd have the ability to not reuse so much as this.

And a lot of other games don't have as much of a high financial, or long-running product like Blizzard has created. The difference is Blizzard has more room, money, and capabilities to change things like this up.

Thing is Blizzard doesn't has as much money as people make them out to be. Believe me I wish they had infinite funds or billions so they can do loads more. I'm fine with reusing stuff every now and then.

Yeah, of course they would not be as excellent to get them now. My argument was aimed at the people getting all upset by the utilizing the night elf animations. If it works, then why get upset over so much?
    Well for Trolls standing up tall it works /shrug It fits them and creating a new animation standing up tall for trolls takes a lot of time and resources.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Why are people so desperate for Blizzard to work on mob models rather than player ones?

Frankly i'd be quite happy if the Thunder King had the model of a Quillboar if it meant we got our new ones quicker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Why are people so desperate for Blizzard to work on mob models rather than player ones?

Frankly i'd be quite happy if the Thunder King had the model of a Quillboar if it meant we got our new ones quicker.

I'm not desperate but 5.2 would suffer if they worked fully on Player models now. Priorities.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account

I'm surprised a troll mob model would be expected to have anything other than the already existent troll skeleton. That contributes to why I'm surprised this particular model doesn't use a troll skeleton, but the point still stands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thing is Blizzard doesn't has as much money as people make them out to be. Believe me I wish they had infinite funds or billions so they can do loads more. I'm fine with reusing stuff every now and then.
    I don't think it will cost them too much to get another few more team members for rigging and animation.

True, and while they've been steadily upgrading the visuals, I also would prefer if they made more unique character builds. But I'd rather defend re-using that which works than complain about laziness because from a logistical standpoint and probably most work environment wise it would be unhealthy to hire a bunch of new grafix guys each 6-9 months, spend more resources on things that 1 arent strictly neccesary, 2 takes even more disc space and 3 needs more testing only to boot them out again when graphic content creating is on the low such as prior to a minor patch. They should have made the new character models ages ago tho :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it will cost them too much to get another few more team members for rigging and animation.

It will cost them....time and considering how needy their playerbase is....it's not something they can just come up on a whiff bad economy and all and they want the best(A per the Blizz website).

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Uh... your "savage nature" doesn't cause a physical change in your spinal structure and associated muscular groups. The only thing keeping them from being a different species with that much of a change is being able to breed with one another. (Unfortunately, this is fantasy and High Elves and Humans are still interbreedable.)
    Sure it does. Just look at the Wretched in comparison to other Elves. And I don't think the hunch is due to an alteration of spinal structures or muscular groups.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    Sure it does. Just look at the Wretched in comparison to other Elves. And I don't think the hunch is due to an alteration of spinal structures or muscular groups.
    Wretched have Forsaken skeletons. Poor little buggers

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    They're leaning over because they're sickly and "starving" not because they're uncivilized.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brytryne View Post
    True, and while they've been steadily upgrading the visuals, I also would prefer if they made more unique character builds. But I'd rather defend re-using that which works than complain about laziness because from a logistical standpoint and probably most work environment wise it would be unhealthy to hire a bunch of new grafix guys each 6-9 months, spend more resources on things that 1 arent strictly neccesary, 2 takes even more disc space and 3 needs more testing only to boot them out again when graphic content creating is on the low such as prior to a minor patch. They should have made the new character models ages ago tho :P
    Nah the graphics employees from the look at how content is going, will be employed and working most of the time, once they release a patch, they're onto working on the next one. maybe a little break or down time, but not a lay off and re-hire. They have said their plans are to churn out much more content then previous expansions.
    The only reason they'd let off a bunch of people is if they employed extras for expansion development.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah the graphics employees from the look at how content is going, will be employed and working most of the time, once they release a patch, they're onto working on the next one. maybe a little break or down time, but not a lay off and re-hire. They have said their plans are to churn out much more content then previous expansions.
    The only reason they'd let off a bunch of people is if they employed extras for expansion development.
    Hence why they don't do a lot of more hiring though I think some spots of them are always hiring.

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    They're leaning over because they're sickly and "starving" not because they're uncivilized.
    Cannibalization tends to appear during the collapse of civilization and hunger. Which the trolls are the poster boys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Cannibalization tends to appear during the collapse of civilization and hunger. Which the trolls are the poster boys.

They did that even during their own empires. So sort of incorrect.

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I noticed there were reskins of draenei from the first ptr preview.
    wow you're so cool

10+ Year Old Account
    Hence why they don't do a lot of more hiring though I think some spots of them are always hiring.
    IIRC they always are looking for potential employees in the arts and development department.
    But I can't seem to check their employment page to confirm that, it redirects me to my region's jobs not US.

Deleted
    They did that even during their own empires. So sort of incorrect.
    They were already warring each other, the Aqir and the Night Elves. Even if they were trying to hold their "empires", their prime was long passed.

Why are they even wasting their time on crap like this?