Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Sha of Fear? More like Sha of Boredom

There was no fear. I'm not talking about difficulty.

This is supposed to be the scariest thing in azeroth since yogg'saron.

There is nothing "fear" about this thing.

I've never encountered such a lackluster fight in my life in relation to its own story. I was more scared doing those 3 quests in the catacombs of the temple where the Sha of "Fear" was held. Whoever approved and designed this should seriously be considered to work in another department.

Not even mentioning how cheap the entire Terrace raid was, probably the smallest raid ever conceived since Onyxia, yet for 4 bosses, this fight was utterly boring and pointless, and whoever defends it as good is a serious hypocrite.
    Last edited by ragnarokvr1; 2012-12-23 at 07:34 PM.

LFR, normal, or Heroic?

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you killed him on heroic?

No?

Go do that and get back to me with your opinion.

Also, if you're talking about LFR sha, then I strongly urge you to go play Runescape.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Deleted
    how about not playing and lfr and see the real fight? Close thread pls for dumbness

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    Not even mentioning how cheap the entire Terrace raid was, probably the smallest raid ever conceived since Onyxia, yet for 4 bosses, this fight was utterly boring and pointless, and whoever defends it as good is a serious hypocrite.
    Well, I guess that's shut down any and all potential discussion for this thread.

Might as well close it up.

I've never encountered such a lackluster fight in my life in relation to its own story. I was more scared doing those 3 quests in the catacombs of the temple where the Sha of "Fear" was held. Whoever approved and designed this should seriously be considered to work in another department.

That was your whine thread for today, yes?

Deleted
    Kill it on Heroic and then say something. Thx bb.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post
    how about not playing and lfr and see the real fight? Close thread pls for dumbness
    Normal wasn't much of a change; Now heroic that's a change haha.

Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post
    It's boring on normal too. The letdown for me is that, just like deathwing, you're killing adds and not the sha itself 90% of the time.

Edit: Heroic is cool though
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

I haven't done heroic, but for the end boss of the tier, it seems underwhelming after the build up to him. After HOF where he is all seek me out if you dare, then to encounter him in terrace and mechanically there isn't much to it, and certainly nothing that would have the sha of fear live up to his name other than lol breath of fear.

As you say OP the catacombs under Niozao temple with the dreadlings who cause you to have a fear of heights, abandonment seem more terrorfying.

If the Sha of Fear is the physical manifestion of my fear, where is my fear? It certainly wasn't the 4 or so pandas of in the distance or the shielding adds.

Where is the preying on my mind, showing me that despite all the brave deeds my toon has done this far I am still a coward or something.

Yogg was much better in this regard with his constant taunting and trying to drive you mad, the constant whispering throughout ulduar (and old kingdom), "tell yourself again that these are not truly your friends, you will be alone in the end, there is no escape, not in this life, not the next, all that you know is at an end" as I moved deeper and deeper into it, that even the dragon's themselves are pawns in Yogg's game of chess. And he will even turn you mad on the encounter by widding away what little sanity you had left after all of that.
    Last edited by Cernunnos; 2012-12-23 at 07:43 PM.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Truth be told, the fight is an incredibly let down from the 'title'. Sha of Fear... ends up being a really overall boring fight (normal and lfr, truth be told). The OP is correct... the questline following the Sha of Fear is well suited, with tense moments, and 'scary' locations.... the raid fight is lackluster. Absolutely, no doubt about it.

Terrace however has some interesting, suitable fights. Sha of Fear is not really that interesting, and a disappointment from all the hype the questline delivers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    I haven't done heroic, but for the end boss of the tier, it seems underwhelming. After HOF where he is all seek me out if you dare, then to encounter him in terrace and mechanically there isn't much to it.

As you say OP the catacombs under Niozao temple with the dreadlings who cause you to have a fear of heights, abandonment seem more terrorfying.

If the Sha of Fear is the physical manifestion of my fear, where is my fear?
    In his breath, but anyone with a brain won't stand in it.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

It's just a name. It's not meant to make you fearful. Jesus christ you always find something to twist and complain about.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    Have you killed him on heroic?

No?

Go do that and get back to me with your opinion.

Also, if you're talking about LFR sha, then I strongly urge you to go play Runescape.
    BC/pre-BC raid elitism is 7 years ago that way -----> . Please hop into the nearest time machine and enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man. I was looking in the OPs post history for some mention of what his character is called to see if he even did the fight in normal, and I stopped caring. He's....such an angry crybaby!

Whatever meaningful points he has buried in his post are drowning in a sea of pointless crap. I too find the last fight boring; even by LFR standards it was boring, but you haven't come here to discuss that at all. You've made this threat to get angry at people getting angry at you being an ass.
    Last edited by Theodon; 2012-12-23 at 07:39 PM.
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

10+ Year Old Account
    He is the embodiment of fear so i guess it should have been a bit more scary than happy sunshine land with a sha in the middle :P...walking through naxx and hearing screams..that's fear...panda children...fear incarnate...

Looked at heroic and it does look a bit more scary..i wonder why they choose to alter it so drastically between normal and heroic...
    Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2012-12-23 at 07:41 PM.

I will agree that Shek'zeer was more "fearful" than Sha of Fear. I understand the the true "fear" is present in heroic mode for the encounter but why save the ONLY epic part of the encounter for heroic. Having that AND some actual though less epicness in lfr/normal wouldn't have hurt anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    It's just a name. It's not meant to make you fearful. Jesus christ you always find something to twist and complain about.
    DUDE, what is your PROBLEM? This entire first part of the expansion was supposed to be about this SHA bullshit, and now that we finally face it it's as climactic as a toothbrush.

I'm not TWISTING anything, this is the truth, and for a raid that's supposed to be the endgame of these first months, it SUCKS.