Ret WoG buff hotfix?

Did Ret's WoG get hot-fixed tonight? I'm noticing a nice boost, the WoG portion of Sword of Light might have been boosted to 60%. Flash of light is unchanged. Anyway, I really don't have solid data, so please help me confirm.

Oh and fun-fact: Eternal Flame ticks proc Dancing Steel...

Someone please test and tell me this is true *crosses fingers in hope*

Deleted
    I think you're right. WOG heals for about 43k now with 10 piece malevolent gear, FoL still heals for around 33k.

yeah, was doing around 30k, now about 37-39k. nice little buff, anything helps atm.

mine are now healing myself for between 43k and 50k. every little bit helps. thanks bliz for hotfix.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does this also effect Eternal Flame? Considering the buff in 5.2 it might not be so bad to use in PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Does this also effect Eternal Flame? Considering the buff in 5.2 it might not be so bad to use in PvP.
    The hot seems the same, but the initial heal is bigger just like regular WoG.

is it notable?
    does it change anything in pvp?

I'm seeing higher numbers with WoG outside of Pvp. However in Pvp they still suck.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    I'm seeing higher numbers with WoG outside of Pvp. However in Pvp they still suck.
    Yeah fatigue and mortal strike still nerf the crap out of our heals, but last week they were even more pathetic. The buff is definitely functioning in PvP, our WoG seems to now be only about 15% weaker than at launch, while all other heals are nerfed by about 45% since launch (depending on your gems and gear of course). Basically, it seems they finally compensated WoG for the PvP Power nerf.

---------- Post added 2012-12-24 at 08:56 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    is it notable?
    does it change anything in pvp?
    We are still middle of the pack, but yes it is very noticeable, when fatigue went to 30% we became quite the joke, WoGs don't feel like a wasted global like they did last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangra View Post
    Yeah fatigue and mortal strike still nerf the crap out of our heals, but last week they were even more pathetic. The buff is definitely functioning in PvP, our WoG seems to now be only about 15% weaker than at launch, while all other heals are nerfed by about 45% since launch (depending on your gems and gear of course). Basically, it seems they finally compensated WoG for the PvP Power nerf.

---------- Post added 2012-12-24 at 08:56 AM ----------

We are still middle of the pack, but yes it is very noticeable, when fatigue went to 30% we became quite the joke, WoGs don't feel like a wasted global like they did last week.
    Honestly Ret's heals need to be buffed at least another 15% to make up for the fatigue.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    Honestly Ret's heals need to be buffed at least another 15% to make up for the fatigue.
    Yeah, flash of light and prism are very weak. At least they also buffed Seal of Insight, so that going defensive mode actually does a bit of something, and eternal flame/hand of purity buffs next patch will help a bit too.

Deleted
    Yeah, flash of light and prism are very weak. At least they also buffed Seal of Insight, so that going defensive mode actually does a bit of something, and eternal flame/hand of purity buffs next patch will help a bit too.
    They did?
    Where talking about it maybe, but i don't notice my insight ticking any higher. And i use it all the time for questing as mobs still fall fast enough and i'm to lazy to heal.

Ticks for 7,4k without procs now, and removing pants+boots exactly gives me the 6k ticks i remember from having bad gear at first. No insight buff live.
    Last edited by mmoc0c8f6d1d73; 2012-12-24 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Envar View Post
    They did?
    Where talking about it maybe, but i don't notice my insight ticking any higher. And i use it all the time for questing as mobs still fall fast enough and i'm to lazy to heal.

Ticks for 7,4k without procs now, and removing pants+boots exactly gives me the 6k ticks i remember from having bad gear at first. No insight buff live.
    They buffed the proc chance, not the amount; 33%, it's in the latest hotfix list. It's procs on almost every hit now.

Deleted
    Ok that would be a prot only fix, still appriciated though. Insight already procced everytime as ret, assuming a slow twohanded weapon of cause. May now proc everytime with a 2,6 onehander too.

Quote Originally Posted by Envar View Post
    Ok that would be a prot only fix, still appriciated though. Insight already procced everytime as ret, assuming a slow twohanded weapon of cause. May now proc everytime with a 2,6 onehander too.
    Interesting, I'm not really sure how it works. I would assume that with a 3.6 weapon you don't quite get 100% procs... no clue though.

Interesting, I'm not really sure how it works. I would assume that with a 3.6 weapon you don't quite get 100% procs... no clue though.
    With a 2.6 speed weapon:
    With 20 PPM:
    20*2.6/60 = 0.866rec = 86.7% proc chance
    With 15 PPM:
    15*2.6/60 = 0.65 = 65% proc chance

And with a 3.6 speed weapon:
    With 20 PPM:
    20*3.6/60 = 1.2 = 120% proc chance
    With 15 PPM:
    15*3.6/60 = 0.9 = 90% proc chance
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2012-12-25 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    With a 2.6 speed weapon:
    With 20 PPM:
    20*2.6/60 = 0.866rec = 86.7% proc chance
    With 15 PPM:
    15*2.6/60 = 0.65 = 65% proc chance

And with a 3.6 speed weapon:
    With 20 PPM:
    20*3.6/60 = 1.2 = 120% proc chance
    With 15 PPM:
    15*3.6/60 = 0.9 = 90% proc chance
    Most sources say 15ppm, so I guess it was a small buff to Ret.

It was 15 PPM before the buff to the proc rate.