[General] - New Teleport - Isle of The Thunder King & Question on Dalaran Portal

Here it is folks http://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=138023

Also, will horde mages temporarily lose teleport - dalaran at some point due to Dalaran being Alliance Only pre-Seige of Orgrimmar? Or will that Dalaran remain in its own separate timeline? (WoTLK)

Thanks.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munchkin View Post
    Here it is folks http://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=138023

Also, will horde mages temporarily lose teleport - dalaran at some point due to Dalaran being Alliance Only pre-Seige of Orgrimmar? Or will that Dalaran remain in its own separate timeline? (WoTLK)

Thanks.
    As of right now, Northrend is on its own Separate Timeline. That entire continent assumes the Lich King is alive, and if Northrend ever were to be updated, logic would say that it would be upgraded to fit in the Cataclysm storyline; not the Mists of Pandaria one.

So no, I think its highly unlikely that the Horde will lose the Portal to Dalaran. I do, however, think that you'll be more likely to see a new version of Dalaran move to Pandaria or some other place that is Alliance-only.

Quote Originally Posted by munchkin View Post
    Note that the tooltip says: "Teleports the caster to Vale of Eternal Blossoms."
    Anyway, I don't think mages will be getting this on live, it probably is just there for making testing the raid easier. Otherwise it would be the first time that mages get a teleport to a raid I believe (yes, there was a teleport to the Black Temple but that was not a spell but an item available to all classes).

Quote Originally Posted by scuac View Post
    Note that the tooltip says: "Teleports the caster to Vale of Eternal Blossoms."
    Anyway, I don't think mages will be getting this on live, it probably is just there for making testing the raid easier. Otherwise it would be the first time that mages get a teleport to a raid I believe (yes, there was a teleport to the Black Temple but that was not a spell but an item available to all classes).
    I wouldn't say that this is a portal to a raid, per se. Like, it won't take you to the doorstep of the Throne of Thunder instance. I'd say that this is a portal to a new, pretty far away island that everyone has to go to for dailies, world bosses, PvP objectives, AND a raid, and Mages get a teleport to make the trip easier on us, even though there will very likely be a portal from each faction's Shrine. The closest thing I'd compare it to is the Tol Barad teleport. Everyone has access to one from Orgrimmar/Stormwind, but Mages can get there from wherever they are, even though they won't really use it for long (1-4 patches probably). And Tol Barad only had Dailies and a super tiny raid. I wouldn't count the PvP zone in my list of reasons you'd use Teleport: Tol Barad, because just queueing for TB teleports you to it.

So basically, in my opinion, if this makes it to live, saying that this "would be the first time that mages get a teleport to a raid" would be wrong, since the Tol Barad teleport will theoretically be just as close to a raid.

However, I would also like to point out (as disappointed as it makes me) that in the "Patch 5.2 PTR Patch Note Preview" blue post, it says, in bold white text, "Players on the PTR can teleport to the Isle of the Thunder King at their faction shines in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms." So that tooltip may just be the in-game spell that the NPCs who teleport you to the Isle cast on you?

10+ Year Old Account
    I would hope it is just an NPC spell, because our flyout menus are getting too long, and I can't be bothered looking for a decent addon to compensate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.