I need help (Shaco problem)

Hey everyone!
    I need help, because I bought Shaco, and I don't really know how to play with it! He seems weak compared to Mordekaiser(My favorite hero, who's just imba in the end game with proper items). Anyone could help me with that? I don't know what to do(tried same tactic as Mordekaiser, but it sucks). I'm not even sure about the items, though I tried reading something at MobaFire tactics.

First and foremost, Shaco is a jungler. I don't think I've ever seen him played in lane, so approaching him like you would Mordekaiser probably isn't going to help. Secondly, from everything I've heard about Shaco, he's one of the most skill based junglers that you can buy.

I usually do some research before I commit to buying any champions. You might want to check lolking or solomid for a guide or something.
    Answer no master, never the slave
    Carry your dreams down into the grave

If you dont wish to use him in the jungle, you can build him ap and go him. Although it is considered a troll pick it can be viable. His ap scalings on shiv and ultimate is pretty good. But you cannot play him as you would play mordekaiser. You basically wanna roam alot, and set up camp in various brushes using your boxes. You can pretty much instagib anyone with 3 boxes, shiv and ignite. You also wanna get dfg.

Here is a video of salce playing ap shaco mid, this is a pretty good guideline of how you wanna play him mid.

Link : twitch.tv/salce/b/324158493

Good luck !
    Merry Christmas to you all!

Quote Originally Posted by fezken View Post
    If you dont wish to use him in the jungle, you can build him ap and go him. Although it is considered a troll pick it can be viable. His ap scalings on shiv and ultimate is pretty good. But you cannot play him as you would play mordekaiser. You basically wanna roam alot, and set up camp in various brushes using your boxes. You can pretty much instagib anyone with 3 boxes, shiv and ignite. You also wanna get dfg.

Here is a video of salce playing ap shaco mid, this is a pretty good guideline of how you wanna play him mid.

Link : twitch.tv/salce/b/324158493

Good luck !
    Merry Christmas to you all!
    Thanks, I'll try it! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Abyssian View Post
    I usually do some research before I commit to buying any champions. You might want to check lolking or solomid for a guide or something.
    And I did! But I thought he'll be something... "more melee"?

10+ Year Old Account
    trolling the enemy team with my shaco juke
    First of all, please do not look at a guide. Look at the champions abilities, write down what you think would be a good build with him and then think of tactics you could do. Second, ignore what everyone says and do what you think is good, then you can hear what other people say what you SHOULD do and improve for the better.
    Shaco is a troll, he is a dick, he is the biggest nob head in this game. To play him effectivly you must become what he embodies, a clown.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent View Post
    First of all, please do not look at a guide. Look at the champions abilities, write down what you think would be a good build with him and then think of tactics you could do. Second, ignore what everyone says and do what you think is good, then you can hear what other people say what you SHOULD do and improve for the better.
    Shaco is a troll, he is a dick, he is the biggest nob head in this game. To play him effectivly you must become what he embodies, a clown.
    Exactly, you have maybe 1 or 2 items you generally build every time, the rest is all what you think is appropriate. He can't be built the same every time, you will have to figure out what you need at that point in time for the team and yourself.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you playing him mid? I don't think we works very well mid unless you can lure people into a bush that you have stacked boxes in or something. Also, try to avoid mobaFire guides if you can. They are really lackluster and often completely wrong. There are some good ones on that sight, but solomid or lolpro will give you better guides.

I would recommend playing shaco as a jungler. I am no shaco player so I can't really help you past that point, but I think once you figure out how to jungle shaco, you will have a much better time playing him than if you played him mid lane.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    Are you playing him mid? I don't think we works very well mid unless you can lure people into a bush that you have stacked boxes in or something. Also, try to avoid mobaFire guides if you can. They are really lackluster and often completely wrong. There are some good ones on that sight, but solomid or lolpro will give you better guides.

I would recommend playing shaco as a jungler. I am no shaco player so I can't really help you past that point, but I think once you figure out how to jungle shaco, you will have a much better time playing him than if you played him mid lane.
    Agreed. I have a really hard time seeing AP shaco being successful in any way.

Shaco is a jungler and probably the one that can get a buff the fastest. You go to the selected buff ( either red or blue although most opt for red for the stun ) with your W and spawn boxes from min 1 to min 2. The boxes will kill the lizard/golem and then you finish the camp. You don't need a pull.

What you want to do is gank gank gank. Shaco is an amazing ganker and very effective at escapes. His ultimate works as a vanish of some sort that blocks any damage sent to you the second you trigger it ( you can dodge Karthus' ultimate with it, don't quote me on that ).

Early to mid your goal will be to gank gank gank as much as you can, whereas lategame you'll be setting up ambushes and taking out their carry or support since your burst, especially with your ult, is pretty damn fine.

AP shaco isn't really viable since they nerfed his boxes ( only 1 min duration ) but you can go counterjungling with boxes and ignite. Just sit in a bush and wait for the opponent to come and give you his hard earned buffs.