Which class/spec for new twink under these circumstances

Hi,

I'd like to know which class or spec you would recommend for 5.2, under these circumstances:
    - DPS spec
    - Gameplay must be fast and fluent. It shoudln't have long cast times, or long cooldowns. Short cooldowns, fast gameplay, lots of stuff to do. "Hard rotation" preferred so it doesn't get boring
    - Should play that way in both PvE and PvP
    - Should be very mobile
    - Should preferably be a melee class, but not required
    - Lots of CC abilities would be nice to have, but not required

Please keep in mind that this is not the typical "what class should I play" thread, and also that I don't care if one class is overpowered or not. It's really all about achieving the type of gameplay explained above, nothing else. I value gameplay/feeling over everything else.

I'd guess the answer is one of these:
    - Rogue
    - Feral Druid
    - Enhancement Shaman
    - Windwalker Monk
    - Warrior (Fury? Arms?)
    - Hunter

I don't know much about these classes currently, so that's where you come in.
    Last time I played Rouge and Feral was in Cataclysm so my class knowledge also isn't up to date there.
    Can Shaman, Monk or Warrior offer what I want? Would Feral be better than Rogue or the other way round?
    Last edited by TaurenNinja; 2012-12-24 at 07:32 PM.

Windwalker or Warrior, both fast and mobile. Very few cast times. But warriors definitely have more cd than WW. Both are good (or gonna be good) for PVE and PVP by 5.2

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TaurenNinja View Post
    Hi,

I'd guess the answer is one of these:
    - Rogue
    - Feral Druid
    - Enhancement Shaman
    - Windwalker Monk
    - Warrior (Fury? Arms?)
    That's all the melee in game, yeah? So, yeah, one of those is probably your choice!

With what parameters you described, I'd venture to say WW Monk or Rogue.

Feral is fun, but it isn't as fluid (to ME) as a Rogue plays, and remember: a Rogue has 3 different specs, so if Combat doesn't work for you, then maybe Assassination would, or Sub.

Warriors have good mobility, but at lower levels their rotation feels clunky (again, to ME). Having raided as an Enhancement Shaman, you could do it at lower levels, and it could be fun, too. You'd just be missing one or two abilities that make them what they are at higher levels, but it's still very doable.

As for the "hard" rotation, do you mean unforgiving or just like... a lot of shit to juggle? If you want unforgiving, try Feral without the Savage Roar glyph... Or, you know, a Rogue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rogue's cds are all pretty long and their current mobility, damage, and ramp up time sucks. They are very un-rogue-like right now. Hopefully that changes in 5.2. Windwalkers, Enhance shamans, feral druids, and arms warriors all kind of meet your requirements though. If you wanted someone to rank them in pvp viability i would say:
    1)Warrior
    2)Feral Druid
    3) Enhance Shaman
    4) Windwalker

Warriors are in a very solid state with their high burst damage right now. Ferals have high bleed damage and are impossible to keep cc'd due to power shifting.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshdatroll View Post
    That's all the melee in game, yeah? So, yeah, one of those is probably your choice!
    Not really, I decided not to list DK and Paladin. Because I'm 99% sure they aren't suited for what I want.

I'm particularly interested in WW Monk and Rogue, how they play currently.

---------- Post added 2012-12-24 at 08:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aveyai View Post
    Rogue's cds are all pretty long and their current mobility, damage, and ramp up time sucks. They are very un-rogue-like right now. Hopefully that changes in 5.2.
    Interesting. That makes me less interested in the class.

Not too interested in PvP viability though.

Most important thing is that gameplay feels fluid and fast, not clunky or slow or long waiting for cooldowns.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most important thing is that gameplay feels fluid and fast, not clunky or slow or long waiting for cooldowns.
    Going by that line alone I would say Windwalker monk, but just bare in mind at max level they are middle of the pack PvE and PvP. If you want what you said, to a slightly lesser extent but topping meters then go warrior. Rogue damage is also fine as far as PvE, but they do still have the long cds and ramp up time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry but we don't allow these types of threads as the choice is too subjective. Best of luck with your choice.

If you need more information on the specific class information, I'd suggest checking each class forum.