Challenge: Playing with no ui

Being bored and trying to find a way to make the game more fun I have decided to challenge myself. Play the game with no UI at all. The typical keybinding to turn off the UI is alt-z. After playing like this for a few hours I have noticed more things going on around me than ever before and am largely more aware of everything around me and because largely familiar with the rotation (shadow priest). So now I challenge other players to try playing the game with the UI turned off and see how it fairs for them.

P.S. I was able to do 50k dps at 481 ilvl with gear forged for holy and follow fight mechanics in raidfinder so far without using the UI.

Deleted
    This idea is absolutely terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSerialSniper View Post
    P.S. I was able to do 50k dps at 481 ilvl with gear forged for holy and follow fight mechanics in raidfinder so far without using the UI.
    Raidfinder has mechanics?
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpy View Post
    Ya i think Karadros got it right sadly..
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRagebear View Post
    Sylvanas is flawless and should be canonized as a saint.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karadros View Post
    Raidfinder has mechanics?
    Yes, kill boss before he kills you.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Purposefully crippling your performance. Yes.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OriginalVocalMix View Post
    That's the point of a "challenge"
    Man, I've got bags under my eyes... BAGS OF MONEY!
    See ya later, peasants.

Praise The Sun!

I could see doing some leveling with a reduced or removed to emphasize things you may not normally notice, but how did you raid as a shadow priest with no UI? I mean obviously there are animations for certain procs and shadow orbs, but are you just completely guessing on DoT refreshes?

Deleted
    Challenge: play without a monitor
    Challenge: play without internet connection
    Challenge: play with only using your tongue
    -_-

If you need to do that to get better at the game, chances are you will never be any good at it.

uninstall boss mods

Retarded idea imho.
    IM TEH RET! er... teh holy... or it was teh prot?!
    This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

If you are this bored with wow then stop playing. I mean at least for a while then come back. Plenty of video games out there, not to mention funs things besides video games. When I got really bored just before Dragon Soul i stopped playing for about 6 months, when i came back the game was fun as hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OriginalVocalMix View Post
    In a way it could improve your performance. Obviously, you wouldn't want it off all the time, but turning it off during LFR and dailies could get you used to doing your rotation without looking at your bars. Think of it like keybinding. When you first went from click to keybinds your performance probably dropped, but with some practice it ended up being an improvement. I think it could truly be a beneficial exercise.

10+ Year Old Account
    I occasionally fly around without my UI because I think the world looks more stunning that way, but I would never actually play that way. Okay so you got 50k DPS in LFR....you just memorized your keys. Try doing some PvP with no UI, haha, I promise you won't have good results.

I've done it. I hate it when I fireball a mob and I see exactly how many fireballs I have to cast to kill it. When you dont see its portait you dont know when it will die. Thats fun to me. And the game looks more realistic that way, you know, irl there is no UI or action bars or w/e.

Deleted
    I dont know why so many haters in this topic but ..

I tried that too and of course you cannot perform as well but its fun from time to time ( maybe not in serious situations ) to fight like it.

Realistic and awesomely fun .