[MW] Need some help

Ok, so my main is a disc priest and I leveled a monk with a friend. Well at 90 I decided to go mistweaver since hey, I can already heal on my main and thought it would be interesting learning a different style/gameplay.

WTF I'm lost lol- Ok, so right now I just LFR and basically it consists of ReM on CD as much as possible, uplift when I have a few ReM targets. I sometimes SM>Surging for a little burst and then Chi Burst to dump Chi.

Is this what I'm suppose to be doing? I'm not sure if I'm missing something, but feels sometimes like I'm just standing there waiting for ReM to come off CD and trying to build enough Chi to either uplift or chi burst.

Thanks for any input!

(Raiigeki on Darrowmere if you want to armory me)

Deleted
    Depending on your gear level (and the encounter) you can try to fistweave.
    -> Expel Harm / Jab for Chi, keep Serpent's Zeal up for Eminence.

Takes some time to get used to, but it's actually pretty cool once you get the hang of it.

So, basically:

- Keep ReM on CD
    - Keep Expel Harm on CD (it's your cheapest Chi builder)
    - Blackout Kick to keep Serpent's Zeal up if the raid isn't taking much damage atm
    - Thunder Focus Tea -> Uplift to increase number of ReM targets
    - Uplift as Chi Dump if raid is spread out, otherwise Chi Burst

- For single target spothealing you can Soothing Mist -> Enveloping Mist, though be sure to keep channeling Soothing since it gets boosted by EnvM

Ofcourse SCK, Life Cocoon etc. occasionally come into play as well.
    Last edited by mmoca821fe2863; 2012-12-25 at 03:07 AM.

Ok, so fistweaving, jab/EH for chi, BoK for the Serpent's Zeal and then Tiger Palm also (?), then just auto attack in the meantime and dont let those drop? Should I also be throwing ReM on CD?

Thanks for the reply

How I fistweave:

- Keep up Serpent's Zeal
    - Always bank 2 Chi (either to refresh SZ in emergencies/for uplift
    - Expel Harm on CD
    - Jab if sub <2 chi (during burst I'll bank 4 (5 with Ascension) Chi so I can quickly heal it up)
    - Keep up TP (although not a huge loss tbh)
    - Use Renewing Mists on CD

Outside of that I just auto attack for and and let eminence heal stuff.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fistweaving is only really useful during fights where you have increased damage; heroic stone guard, heroic Wind Lord etc. otherwise, I would stick with ReM, Chi Burst, and uplift, otherwise it's not enough healing (I pull about 30k eminence healing on a normal boss). It was a very interesting concept but got sh*t on in 5.1.

Always put your ReM on a target that will be taking damage or even a random player if there is constant AoE damage going out; it'll spread to those "in need" because its a "smart heal".

Quote Originally Posted by Shinchib View Post
    Fistweaving is only really useful during fights where you have increased damage; heroic stone guard, heroic Wind Lord etc. otherwise, I would stick with ReM, Chi Burst, and uplift, otherwise it's not enough healing (I pull about 30k eminence healing on a normal boss). It was a very interesting concept but got sh*t on in 5.1.

Always put your ReM on a target that will be taking damage or even a random player if there is constant AoE damage going out; it'll spread to those "in need" because its a "smart heal".
    Actually for LFR and outgearing normal modes, fistweaving does alright. The hps potential is low but since it's fully intelligent it's competitive at "sniping".

With that said, since LFR is a good place to "practice", you way want to take this time to get used to a more optimal rotation (although on most encounters it means absurd overhealing).

Run mouseover macros (or a mod that does it) so that you can keep boss targetted for jab spam. During low raid damage periods, do the above about fistweaving, whenever there is sightly more sustained aoe, spam jab and get used to intelligent targetting with chi burst (in super super stacked scenarios like p3 on grand empress, you can replace jabs by SCK when people are all low). Keep in mind that CB changes your facing towards your target so you gotta face the boss after every use which may suck depending on encounter.

In 25m LFR, uplift spam is more for encounters like garalons where people are spread the fuck and have no clue where to regroup once legs are down making CB use complete hell. The fact that it's normally only up on 6 targets makes it less competitive than chi burst as uplift spam will often result in significantly more overhealing.

Thanks for all the replies! Going into LFR in a few minutes and definitely going to try these out; I can honestly say I never use TFT b/c I kinda forget about it, but I'm going to keep track of it moving forward.

Thanks again!

TFT is like your biggest cooldown.. with it you can cover the full raid with renewing mist (at least in 10 man) and then Uplift the whole raid. You want to use that as much as you can.

I also suggest to macro expel harm and jab together.. saves time. I kept forgetting to use expel harm, now I don't.

I just wanted to say a big thanks for all the info; last night in LFR (MV), I was one of the top healers on almost every boss with a mix of fistweave and regular healing. I was behind a few disc priests on some fights, but having a disc priest main I totally know why, but it was definitely alot more fun than last week. Thanks again!