Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    whooooooooooooo

Ok, that also means combat has a good way around armor!

I assume the value of the autoattacks is chosen to be not an increase in pve? Or a very minor one, perhaps competitive with anticipation?

It will presumably not be worth having magic damage in melee versus cloth, but will presumably be very good versus....

Just... wow. That really sounds too good to be true.
    Well its fully possible it that the Shuriken buff goes away if you're within 10 yards just like it doesn't do double dmg. Shadow dmg auto attacks are nice but no ones going to die to a rogue spamming toss auto attacking with no finisher. It sounds interesting and fun for sure but I would rather have a 12sec shadowstep but this is what they want to do for mobility....

And its not at the cost of nothing if you take toss you get more pressure at range but lose burst in melee range. Which makes it more balanced. A lot more than is now as you trade burst for a little range dmg and range snare. We look to be going the dk/pally mobility model long cd gap closers and range dmg.

Which is odd to move a rogue to but they can make it work.
    Last edited by Wow; 2012-12-25 at 06:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    Your auto attacks become shadow dmg with the Shuriken buff Shuriken Toss. This will be like a mini shadow blades but with a 30yard range. A lesser know fact when shadow blades replaces auto attack its crits proc hat, this is the same thing for the new toss which means sub will proc combo points from auto attack from 30 yards. This is something will want in melee range if its possible.
    I still think it would be a nerf on anything below mail because Shuriken Toss is only one weapon while melee auto attacks are 2 weapons. It would be close, but even if the auto-throw is better than autoattacks it wouldn't be a big enough difference to make me say ST is the way to go. Anticipation is nice to have and the new MfD could be good for comps where you need to kill things ASAP and don't have time to setup SnD/Recup/Rupture the normal ways.
    Last edited by Neazy; 2012-12-25 at 06:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neazy View Post
    I still think it would be a nerf on anything below mail because Shuriken Toss is only one weapon while melee auto attacks are 2 weapons.
    Shuriken Toss Shuriken Toss

Its main and off hand

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    Shuriken Toss Shuriken Toss

Its main and off hand
    Forget what I said then. Still not sure it would be the way to go for arena. Backstab + white attacks hit for more than 2 STs and shadow autos on most targets, and if you're getting kited badly enough that you need to use ST chances are you're not bursting someone down. The rogue playstyle is still kill someone before they kill you.

Though ST, Anticipation and MfD are still pretty small bonuses compared to the other talents. It's not gonna make a huge difference either way so a lot of it is up to your personal preference or whether you play arenas or RBGs.

Quote Originally Posted by Neazy View Post
    Forget what I said then. Still not sure it would be the way to go for arena. Backstab + white attacks hit for more than 2 STs and shadow autos on most targets, and if you're getting kited badly enough that you need to use ST chances are you're not bursting someone down. The rogue playstyle is still kill someone before they kill you.
    Like I said earlier in this thread they are just buffing st to buff our mobility without really buffing our mobility since most will take Anticipation for melee range burst. Arena will probably see low use of st unless rogues get real survival buffs but it will likely be taken in rbg's and normal bg's.

Semi off topic but I wonder if toss will do an animation for every auto attack with Shurikens. And if shadow blades will get a real animation.