Thread: 5.2 Changes

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    whats the deal with the wog change?
    is it a buff or nerf?
    maybe a bug fix? It could be listed as a new spell because atm, you can't use Word of Glory on yourself if your enemy target is out of range or LoS. Maybe its a new spell that will once again allow us to heal ourselves under those conditions.

Deleted
    I think GC has mentioned it before, that it's a bug because of Glyph "Harsh Word" (the name is right?) which allows you to use WOG as damaging spell. The only way to fix this is to make marco like /cast [nomod, target=name(yourself if you want)] WOG

Quote Originally Posted by Vanderhuge View Post
    Make Divine Purpose a baseline passive ability and make Guardian of Ancient Kings one of the Level 75 talents.

It basically boils down to wanting the fast burst (HA), sustained burst (SW), or the OMFGWTF ability on a long CD (GoAK).
    This is genius, I suggested on the role forums that they give DP back to us but I had no idea what would replace it. This is perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Runewrath View Post
    This is genius, I suggested on the role forums that they give DP back to us but I had no idea what would replace it. This is perfect.
    They need to realize that talents shouldn't offer a choice between RNG and a sure thing - nobody's picking the RNG unless it does better at it's worst. They realized how much of a mistake it was with the original Hand of Light mastery, and for a more recent example, the Windwalker Combo Breaker. It's the same reason I suggest making Holy Prism an HP generator - it's a completely meh talent for Ret and Prot in PVE when compared to the alternatives. They seemed to have no issue realizing that Hand of Purity and Eternal Flame were also useless for two specs - so why not the final talent?

The only issue is guardian would almost be mandatory for prot.

15+ Year Old Account
    They really just need to change HotR to not require a target - losing out on 10 hits and Holy Power because of one Parry always felt very, very silly. Also would not mind Holy Prism granting Holy Power because it'd be nice to actually use it in raids.

Oh, and I still stand by my old idea of Conviction Aura (giving us our own Paladiny-version of Skull Banner/Stormlash Totem) just because we really lack a kick ass raid ability.

Edit: Also, if they really wanted to bring our burst down and our sustained up, here's a small suggestion:

Make Divine Purpose a baseline passive ability and make Guardian of Ancient Kings one of the Level 75 talents.

It basically boils down to wanting the fast burst (HA), sustained burst (SW), or the OMFGWTF ability on a long CD (GoAK).
    Yes and No, I don't think we should lose GoAK for it, GoAK is fine where it is they just need to come up with a talent that isn't complete trash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Deleted
    Yeah, a talent for AOE situations maybe then ? like DS costing no HP for 10s with a 1m30 CD ? I don't know, just dreaming for sure :P

Quote Originally Posted by Runewrath View Post
    The only issue is guardian would almost be mandatory for prot.
    And GoAK isn't very good anymore (for the 5m cooldown) for Holy since the 5.0 nerf.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Superlolz View Post
    And GoAK isn't very good anymore (for the 5m cooldown) for Holy since the 5.0 nerf.
    Might be a silly question, what nerf ?

They need to realize that talents shouldn't offer a choice between RNG and a sure thing - nobody's picking the RNG unless it does better at it's worst. They realized how much of a mistake it was with the original Hand of Light mastery, and for a more recent example, the Windwalker Combo Breaker. It's the same reason I suggest making Holy Prism an HP generator - it's a completely meh talent for Ret and Prot in PVE when compared to the alternatives. They seemed to have no issue realizing that Hand of Purity and Eternal Flame were also useless for two specs - so why not the final talent?
    Yeah, They need to make DP baseline with a 15% chance to proc and replace it with something like "Increase benefit from haste by 10% and damage with 2hand weapons by 5%".

That would give us a choice of doing good sustatined damage, Good burst damage (Holy Avenger), and good sustained burst damage (SW).

15+ Year Old Account
    Overall i'm happy with Ret I just really wish we sustained a little better as it is DK's have the hand up on us and Warriors fly right by us during the execute phase of any fight. Then again a better Hammer of Wrath and only usable during the execute phase wouldn't be too bad either.
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Quote Originally Posted by metasaigneur View Post
    Might be a silly question, what nerf ?
    Guardian use to copy your 100% of your heal, now it copies 10% + a stacking haste buff. So less burst and a DF that takes time to build up.

They really just need to change HotR to not require a target - losing out on 10 hits and Holy Power because of one Parry always felt very, very silly. Also would not mind Holy Prism granting Holy Power because it'd be nice to actually use it in raids.

Oh, and I still stand by my old idea of Conviction Aura (giving us our own Paladiny-version of Skull Banner/Stormlash Totem) just because we really lack a kick ass raid ability.

Edit: Also, if they really wanted to bring our burst down and our sustained up, here's a small suggestion:

Sadly blizzard isn't as smart as this.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Deleted

But keep Guardian of Ancient Kings, and buff devo aura to reduce all dmg taken, and im happy.
    Tbh i like ret a lot atm. Oh and remove inq! Make it proc on crit or somthing.
    Last edited by mmoc0d85328399; 2014-07-12 at 03:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should make soi give 10% haste. And increase effectiveness of our finishers. More damage for TV, more healing for WoG and longer duration on Inq.

15+ Year Old Account
    They could have made Inquisition like Omen of clarity but since our class isn't based on crit that would be a bad design. Inquisition is just muscle memory for me now, I just do it because I do I don't even think about it anymore. I would still prefer a slightly different combat system but it's all w/e at this point. I'm more curious to see what the 4PC is for T15 because our current 4PC is huge and losing it is going to be a seriously nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    They could have made Inquisition like Omen of clarity but since our class isn't based on crit that would be a bad design. Inquisition is just muscle memory for me now, I just do it because I do I don't even think about it anymore. I would still prefer a slightly different combat system but it's all w/e at this point. I'm more curious to see what the 4PC is for T15 because our current 4PC is huge and losing it is going to be a seriously nerf.
    Hopefully they'll just make the T15 2-piece really good and the T15 4-piece about as good as the T14 2-piece. Would make replacing gear a lot easier.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Hopefully they'll just make the T15 2-piece really good and the T15 4-piece about as good as the T14 2-piece. Would make replacing gear a lot easier.
    I'm afraid... Very afraid...

I'm going to have to use 2 gear swap macros, 4pc t11 -> goak -> 4pc t14 -> aw -> raid gear -> potion -> pull

Not going to be very fun at all

Ideally I'd love for them to make AW a 2 minute CD. With wings on a 3 min CD The t15 set bonuses will have to trump the t14 4-set pretty significantly to warrant a switch from 14 4-set to 15 2-set.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeseidon View Post
    Ideally I'd love for them to make AW a 2 minute CD. With wings on a 3 min CD The t15 set bonuses will have to trump the t14 4-set pretty significantly to warrant a switch from 14 4-set to 15 2-set.
    Why would you want more CD's? I would prefer more sustain damage and not only spikes