Page 8 of 114 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow. I think that's the most closely related mechanic to its old guild mechanic yet.

It definitely is nice. Things will get very interesting if we get a one drop evolver.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

If there are enough creatures with evolve, this might just be one of the mechanics that is easiest to build around. As dontrike said, if there's like a 1/1 with evolve, this could easily turn into a very swift aggro or tempo deck. Let's wait and see. Also, it's easy to imagine shenanigans with a cheap evolver, an ETB creature with higher p or t and angel of restoration.

I approve of this mechanic!

Gatecrash previews have unofficially officially begun. (They don't start until next week, but Wizards is starting early for Holidays and such.)

This may not be constructed worthy, but draft and sealed this is quite the power house. I know I don't mind getting a bonus for playing bigger creatures only for my reward to be bigger creatures to draw more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jeebus holy hell. Imagine that with Graft.....

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Jeebus holy hell. Imagine that with Graft.....
    Imagine that with Increasing Savagery, you now have a 6/6 and 5 extra cards in hand.

Could there be a UG tempo deck in the making with the cycle of "ring of <name>" from m13 ?

EDIT: Nevermind, looked at the cmc wrong >_< too expensive...

Today's card is interesting, only because it is still unsure if Bloodlust is what is on this card. I bet it is "mana, discard: effect".

Boros today. The guild mechanic is pretty cool and everything with it is Ordric. Helix Angel is pretty amazing and I bet will find a home somewhere. The fact that Lightning Mauler exists (and Fervor) means that you can easily make her have haste and killing something and possibly surviving the next turn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes! Fuck Radiance, now to give Boros something useful. But wait....is Battalion always three damage? Isn't that basically godly when you get a few weenies attacking with Battlion?

Yes! Fuck Radiance, now to give Boros something useful. But wait....is Battalion always three damage? Isn't that basically godly when you get a few weenies attacking with Battlion?
    No, it's ability is "attack with this + 2 creatures <effect>" that is just the Angels ability. Guess this might mean no Lightning Helix .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    No, it's ability is "attack with this + 2 creatures <effect>" that is just the Angels ability. Guess this might mean no Lightning Helix .
    Right, but if three creatures with Battalion attack, then all three trigger their separate effects. Which would be 9 damage and 9 life gain.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I have this feeling that my mono-white angel deck is going to become a red/white angel deck with the release of gatecrash. I'll probably need to pick up one or two Gisela Goldknight in preparation.

Right, but if three creatures with Battalion attack, then all three trigger their separate effects. Which would be 9 damage and 9 life gain.
    As long as you can get three of Helix Angel out then yeah, but I can not imagine all Battalion creatures having Lightning Helix.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    So I have this feeling that my mono-white angel deck is going to become a red/white angel deck with the release of gatecrash. I'll probably need to pick up one or two Gisela Goldknight in preparation.
    Don't forget Aurelia, the Boros guild leader.

---------- Post added 2012-12-27 at 12:14 AM ----------

Hey looks Orzhov's mechanic. Definitely has the potential to be scary, but the creature could easily have costed 5.

10+ Year Old Account
    Extort looks cool. A free Raise Dead on every attack is pretty powerful. I think with those two together, it makes sense to cost 6.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't seem very constructed playable, although it depends on the removal in GTC. Right now, there's not much that kills a 4/4 multicolored creature, so if that doesn't change, we might see this one pop up in standard.

I really like extort, though. Fun and flavorful mechanic. You can only use it once, but if you have multiple extort cards, it could quickly get out of hand. I would LOVE to see a creature like this:

Extort mana Thrull (B/W)

Extort.

T:Add Colorless to your mana pool.

0/1

or

Extortion Ring (B/W)(B)(W)

Extort

ETB: exile target nonland permanent.
    LTB: return the permanent to play.

Might both be rather powerful though
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Just hoping we'll see some/a lot of cards triggering on lifegain/lifeloss(not damage) to make extort more interesting. At the moment it's very shallow.

Something like this perhaps:

Obzelat 2BBWW
    Whenever you gain life, you gain twice that amount.
    Whenever an opponent looses life, he or she looses twice that amount. (Something prohibting combat damage here maybe?)

5/5

Vizkopa Guildmage BW
    1BW: target creature gains deathtouch and lifelink until end of turn
    2BW: Target player looses 1 life and you gain 1 life

2/2

Random Orzhov Guard 1BW
    Extort, extort
    2/2

Just of the top of my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Emothianes View Post
    Omg dude vanilla was so awesome because I was awesome and other people weren't awesome and it made me happy to be special because it was so awesome and I was happy.
    Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass!

God damnit >_< where's the dimir one... They had to leave that one for last, the sneaky <insert foul language here>...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorkle View Post
    God damnit >_< where's the dimir one... They had to leave that one for last, the sneaky <insert foul language here>...
    Because it doesn't exist. It's "in a space where there is no room, in a structure that was never built"

And I beat Don this time. We have the Dimir's power now, Cipher, which I must say is pretty badass. I'm thinking Dimir Infiltrator plus a bunch of Cipher cards.

Last edited by Pendulous; 2012-12-28 at 08:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cipher looks pretty sick, by far the most powerful keyword of the 5.

Also, a new windfall? I'll take it!
    Monk, I need a monk!!!