Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    So, if i step outside Stormwind or Orgrimmar and check out zones i'll find 100's of players fighting mobs, doing events and basically making the virtual World seem alive and constantly flowing? right......

That explains why they brought in CRZ then, Cross Realm Servers
    Rift and Lord of the Rings Online both have lots of players out in the world. While in WoW there are players out in the world, they had to create CRZ to have it happen. Consolidating servers (like Rift did) would have accomplished this as well, and probably taken less time. "But what about the names?" Easy fix: If 2+ characters have the same name, take the oldest one and let them keep it, and the others, change one of the vowels to have one of those stupid symbols over it.

Number of players =\= better game. Numbers only matter to a certain type of person. Enjoyment makes a better game. While yes, I will admit that at a point the number of players will affect enjoyment. But in the case of WoW, the playerbase is so excessively spread out that it feels like there is hardly anyone playing (especially on many realms). And this population disparity keeps feeding itself when people would rather play on high population servers. This was very apparent about a year ago when there were many threads here saying "Which shard has the highest population?" so they could continue to increase a single server's population while the others continueto feel empty because everyone was converging on a single realm (Wolfsbane US and Icewatch EU).

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    What makes or breaks a MMO is not the game itself but it is the amount of players a MMO has (in absolute numbers).
    Uh, no. That couldn't be further from the truth.

Farmville, best MMO of all time. It doesn't matter what the game is, just how many people do it.

I guess EBAY is a damned good MMO by your standards. Millions of people interacting with eachother and a robust economy. Give me a break.

10+ Year Old Account
    They have to reduce the leveling curve. They seriously need to do this. I can't take it. I play dungeons. I do warfronts. I do hunt rifts. I have completed every carnage (well got achievement) and quest (achievement as well) on every zone on the Brevane continent and am at Ashora now, did dungeon runs numerous times, did a lot of instant adventures at level 50, pretty much did the best I could to participate and receive rewards at every world event, and... unfortunately, I just got level 59. I am just not a leveler. I would continue to level like a boss but there are unfortunately no story quests at Ashora. Seriously man, if I want to play and level this game, the least I can do is have fun while doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    They have to reduce the leveling curve. They seriously need to do this. I can't take it. I play dungeons. I do warfronts. I do hunt rifts. I have completed every carnage (well got achievement) and quest (achievement as well) on every zone on the Brevane continent and am at Ashora now, did dungeon runs numerous times, did a lot of instant adventures at level 50, pretty much did the best I could to participate and receive rewards at every world event, and... unfortunately, I just got level 59. I am just not a leveler. I would continue to level like a boss but there are unfortunately no story quests at Ashora. Seriously man, if I want to play and level this game, the least I can do is have fun while doing it.
    I absolutely agree that the time to hit 60 is silly for a game as focused on end-game as Rift is. The leveling is much improved from chocolate Rift, but it's still not that great. Questing/leveling just really isn't one of Rifts strong points. The only time I felt they got the formula right was on EI, and that's partially because there was no leveling involved in the process.

However, you are supposed to do both continents to hit 60. You can't really effectively do it on just one continent.

I think that in time the exp needed to level will be nerfed I donlt think it will be for awhile though. Like the above poster said you are supposed to do both continents to level. I have gotten to level 56 with only 3 zones done and haven;t done any pvp or dungeons. All I have done is all the quests including carnages, some of the onslaught dailies several hunt rifts *mainly ones that I ran across* a few zone events oh and a little IA. But the leveling experience does seem to go better/faster if you switch continents. You can do it all on one but you will run out of quests before 60 and end up having to grind run a bunch of dungeons and so on to make up the rest. If you do both continents there is a good chance you will end up with a few zones completely untouched. So if you look at it from the perspective of you are supposed to be able to do it on one continent yeah the leveling curve is too harsh. If you look at it from the perspective of you need to continent hop the leveling curve is fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Earned it.

Storm Legion is mind blowing.
    This. Dont get me wrong. I am lucky and can aford to pay for both WoW & Rift games. Just playing at my on pase. Storm legion is indead amazing.
    " The fear of God is the beginning of Wisdom, Therefore he who has no fear of god has no wisdom "
    People saying we are in the end-times really don't know anything. Such as there's going to be 7 years of world peace before it happens and as long as china and russia are still a thing its safe to say its not going to happen anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Which is interesting that Rift won most improved game. Going from Cata to Mists is like going from a negative 10 to at least a solid 6-7. Going from Rift to SL is like going from already an 8 to a 10. (if sources can be believed)

I definitely will heap mounds of praise on Rift, sine I'm loving the crap out of it now...but most improved, no way. (I didn't play original Rift, so I can't comment completely accurately...though from the way people talk and review it, there's no way it was bad at all, and nowhere near as terrible as Cata).

Please note this post is not to start a flame war or game comparisons, just using some simple logic here.
    No it isn't... Cata was good as well, I thought in some respects it was better than wrath, particularly difficulty in the first tier (although others left something to be desired).

In fact, DS was the worst tier except revamped naxx, that being said, negative 10 to a 6-7, nah. more like a 6 to a 7 if that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

is there free trial for expansion?
    i tried to play vanilla rift two times, as a trial, and i just could't level past 7, graphics were worst than wow, or maybe i'm just used to wow too much, but anyway, movement was... idk lagging maybe? it seems like my pc can't handle rift when it can handle much better looking games, seemed like it wasn't finished to me

Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    is there free trial for expansion?
    i tried to play vanilla rift two times, as a trial, and i just could't level past 7, graphics were worst than wow, or maybe i'm just used to wow too much, but anyway, movement was... idk lagging maybe? it seems like my pc can't handle rift when it can handle much better looking games, seemed like it wasn't finished to me
    Get a better graphics card is all I have to say. If your complaint is graphics then you are playing on ULTRA low settings then. The game was not exactly optimized with the thought of becoming as popular as it did.

This is not Blizzard here with billions of dollars from 6+ years of successful RPG's to drop in a graphics engine and even then it took 3+ years to get it to really work. If you want to tell me Winter-Lag, Dal-Lag, or Ulduar crashing on day 1 and taking the servers down for 6+ hours is super optimized then you need to take off the rose colored glasses and accept reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sackman View Post
    In fact, DS was the worst tier except revamped naxx, that being said, negative 10 to a 6-7, nah. more like a 6 to a 7 if that.
    I'm sorry, but the millions of lost subscriptions and overwhelming vocal complaints disagree with your opinion. Also, clearly using negative 10 was embellishment. I didn't think that needed to be explained. Also,

Rift was still a better game with less room for overall improvement, which is the point.

Deleted
    I'm sorry, but the millions of lost subscriptions
    Still more paying subscribers than rift AND swtor combined.

HOWEVER;

That is not the point of this thread so please stop derailing it with comparisons to other games
    and bashing games you dont like as much as whatever mmo you are currently playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Get a better graphics card is all I have to say. If your complaint is graphics then you are playing on ULTRA low settings then. The game was not exactly optimized with the thought of becoming as popular as it did.

This is not Blizzard here with billions of dollars from 6+ years of successful RPG's to drop in a graphics engine and even then it took 3+ years to get it to really work. If you want to tell me Winter-Lag, Dal-Lag, or Ulduar crashing on day 1 and taking the servers down for 6+ hours is super optimized then you need to take off the rose colored glasses and accept reality.
    get the stick out of your ass, might be less butt-hurt then.
    Shit graphics are shit graphics, I don't care what company it is, how much it costs and all that other shit, there are no excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post

HOWEVER;

That is not the point of this thread so please stop derailing it with comparisons to other games
    and bashing games you dont like as much as whatever mmo you are currently playing.
    And mcdonalds sells millions of more burgers in a day than any of their compitition (or anyone that makes burgers), does that make them better?

Rift SL got so many things right. It doesn't deliver on some of the immersion factors and the world could feel abit more alive. But its without a doubt best Expansion this year. It offers alot of new feature that give players more freedom rather than force them to do certain things like BLizzard did with WOW.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    get the stick out of your ass, might be less butt-hurt then.
    Shit graphics are shit graphics, I don't care what company it is, how much it costs and all that other shit, there are no excuses.
    You sound like the only angry person here - might want to take your own advice. Oh and get a new computer and video card moron. Shit idiot is a shit idiot.

10+ Year Old Account

HOWEVER;

Please read the entire thread before posting...possibly start with what this thread is actually talking about and then where I specifically state this isn't to compare games. Then go on to understanding that by talking about how awesome two games are isn't bashing either of them.

You just made yourself look like a wow fanboy coming in a thread he doesn't understand. So please, maybe you should figure out the point of the thread.

Deleted
    Please read the entire thread before posting...possibly start with what this thread is actually talking about and then where I specifically state this isn't to compare games. Then go on to understanding that by talking about how awesome two games are isn't bashing either of them.

You just made yourself look like a wow fanboy coming in a thread he doesn't understand. So please, maybe you should figure out the point of the thread.
    Calling me a wow-fanboi? Whatever makes you feel better about yourself I guess

10+ Year Old Account
    Calling me a wow-fanboi? Whatever makes you feel better about yourself I guess
    I said you were making yourself sound like one. By not reading this thread, responding completely out of context, and using WoW subscription numbers as some kind of relevant point...that's what you did. If you think that somehow translates into me 'calling' you one, then maybe your subconscious is doing wonders.

If this is the best response you can give, I think you should try your hand in the off topic forums before you come back to try serious posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Bootstrapper View Post
    Ok, so it's actually worth playing RIFT now? Either way.. What class should I play? I didn't rly ever get into the game so.. ^^,
    Yes, it's in a great state. I'm really enjoying playing a Harbinger/Chloro mage. It's a battle mage with heals, which is everyone's dream lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootstrapper View Post
    I checked the class system, and if I understod it correct.. I can be a ranged assassin which also is a sabotager with a guitar? If that's right.. This game sounds interesting. -.o
    Yes, you can be some crazy bard combo if you like. The game has lots of customization within the souls. Not everything is going to be great, or synergetic, but you can technically do whatever you want.

The rogue tree has different types of rangers, melee, bard, and even a tank soul I believe. How you want to combine those is really up to you. (Results my vary, lol)

Friendly reminder, let's not go down the game vs. game road guys. It leads to infractions and thread closures : (