Thread: Brawler's Guild

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Is there some trick to battletron's laser damage I'm not seeing? I'm in 483 avg gear and I can't seem to survive long enough even with recuperate and leeching to get anywhere near a kill. I wish he would just melee attack instead so our survival cooldowns actually work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by norfin View Post
    Is there some trick to battletron's laser damage I'm not seeing? I'm in 483 avg gear and I can't seem to survive long enough even with recuperate and leeching to get anywhere near a kill. I wish he would just melee attack instead so our survival cooldowns actually work.
    It took a Healthstone and full raid buffs/food/flask for me to kill him. The biggest help I found was to take Prep and Cloak a hole in the initial set of mines and swing around with them and then when my pot came off CD to break enough so that he resets them, pop HS, pot and all CDs while standing behind him (he doesn't face you while he's channeling) pop Prep and cloak another hole and hopefully he's almost dead at this point. Granted I was ~490 when I did it, so that's about 390k health.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by norfin View Post
    When you need to heal up, start using feint and try to time it with his abilities. Killed it that way in ~490 selfbuffed.

Edit: Does anyone have any tips on doing Disruptron, he's my last boss standing and I can't seem to get him down..
    Last edited by mmoc587efb0079; 2012-12-18 at 01:50 AM.

Deleted
    Sitting on bird at rank 6 atm.. got him to 600k not fully buffed and 472 ilvl.
    I'll probablly get him down in a day or two, just gotta find time to play!

Its really annoying how incredibly weak combat is on rank 8 bosses even with heroic upgraded weapons. I wonder if it is worthwhile to use expose armor with the glyph, it probably is for combat.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Its really annoying how incredibly weak combat is on rank 8 bosses even with heroic upgraded weapons. I wonder if it is worthwhile to use expose armor with the glyph, it probably is for combat.
    i've noticed a significant dps increase with expose armor + glyph as assassination so for sure for combat. 3/4 rares 489 ilvl atm would feel a bit guilty if i used levitate on distruptron lol. dnt see how the dps requirement is possible for melee outside of 500ilvl without lev tbh. is use of levitate considered an exploit dya recken or just "clever use of game mechanics"? :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Just hit rank 6, definitely not looking forward to dark summoner.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicktight View Post
    Also prepot and instead of using an agi pot for the second use a 120k healing potion.
    This was the single best advice for me... as the idiot I am, I didn't notice brawler's health pots were only healing 60k vs 120k for a regular pot until battletron, it doesn't make that much sense anyway since agi pots are giving the same buff as regular but oh well...

I managed to kill Epicus Maximus and Millhouse tonight, I was at 96k and ~450k dps respectively and saw the enrage fire before killing both, full raid buffs 495 ilvl with 275 agi food and agi flask.
    I can kill the C'thun guy most likely too, but Disruptron.. not so sure about it, at least without levitate
    Last edited by hihu; 2012-12-18 at 09:44 PM.

Deleted
    Bumping yoyoyoyoy,

Currently at rank 7! first boss the GG engineers/gnomes. Haven't done any serious attempts yet though!
    Any advice? im playing combat at the moment!

Quote Originally Posted by Higghonspeed View Post
    Bumping yoyoyoyoy,

Currently at rank 7! first boss the GG engineers/gnomes. Haven't done any serious attempts yet though!
    Any advice? im playing combat at the moment!
    Unless they nerfed the damage rockets do just stay on the gnome and keep recup up all the time + kick whanever you can.

So can melee kill Disruptron at current gear levels without using levitate?
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Unless they nerfed the damage rockets do just stay on the gnome and keep recup up all the time + kick whanever you can.

I heard they take damage from the rockets/mines also, not sure how that works though!
    But i'll definatley give it a try this week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Higghonspeed View Post
    I heard they take damage from the rockets/mines also, not sure how that works though!
    But i'll definatley give it a try this week.
    Basically just circle the one who's not in the shield at all times. It keeps you out of rockets for the most part and sometimes drags one right through the boss for a little extra damage.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    So can melee kill Disruptron at current gear levels without using levitate?
    Yea one enhance shaman has reported a kill without levitate (i think there is a video posted) in the Brawler's thread in achievements forums. He was 501 ilvl and apparently only self buffed.

Personally I have now done a bunch of tries on him and I believe it is doable though fairly hard/random, lowest I brought him was 10% so far. I am confident I can get him down on a not-so-unlucky pull if I have all buffs and make no mistakes. I am at 495 ilvl

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Basically just circle the one who's not in the shield at all times. It keeps you out of rockets for the most part and sometimes drags one right through the boss for a little extra damage.
    This helped a ton! got them down second try today! Got summoner to 30% also.. man he's tough if you are not focused! Blade fury worked
    really well for this fight. Im only at 476 ilvl though. My DPS is starting to become a problem haha.. Surprised i got this far from not doing
    anything else than LFR in terms of PVE since i started playing again. Saw a rogue with brawler title on my server and he was in full LFR gear
    so it's probablly doable atleast to get the eye down on r8.