Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    In that post my one and only point is that calling those societies equal and any word against it propaganda is objectively wrong...
    I still don't get your point though. Are you saying the lives and rights of those societies are somehow less valuable than our own? Do their children not bleed or die just the same?

Who are you all to say how these countries are run?

Nation bashing at its finest on mmo champion, but I guess because they are a islamic nation its all good right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post
    Who are you all to say how these countries are run?

Nation bashing at its finest on mmo champion, but I guess because they are a islamic nation its all good right?
    Nation bashing would be saying "lol dem terrorist countries so dumb," which is not what either of us is saying. They have objectively oppressive customs that are directly harmful towards those contained within, firmly established by a large range of conventions.

So I take it you're happy that most countries in the world turned a blind eye to Rwanda, and happily sat by while hundreds of thousands of people were butchered.
    Last edited by Kasierith; 2012-12-26 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Nation bashing would be saying "lol dem terrorist countries so dumb." They have objectively oppressive customs that are directly harmful towards those contained within, firmly established by a large range of conventions.

So I take it you're happy that most countries in the world turned a blind eye to Rwanda, and happily sat by while hundreds of thousands of people were butchered.
    It is not within our right to judge them and try to change there views.

This will only lead to war and more hatred in the world. These countries need to mature without outside intervention. Maybe you have learnt nothing from past events.

10+ Year Old Account

This will only lead to war and more hatred in the world. These countries need to mature without outside intervention. Maybe you have learnt nothing from past events.
    So Rwanda was an acceptable event. I find even assuming such a viewpoint morally reprehensible.

So Rwanda was an acceptable event. I find even assuming such a viewpoint morally reprehensible.
    Says the person from Russia whos country oppressed millions, slaughtered millions, raped 1000's of women when they took Berlin?

Get off your moral high horse.

Infracted: Please refrain from nation bashing.
    Last edited by Wikiy; 2012-12-26 at 08:21 PM.

It's not "their views"
    It's their actions. Stop equivocating the two.

10+ Year Old Account
    Says the person from Russia whos country oppressed millions, slaughtered millions, raped 1000's of women when they took Berlin?

And now we're resorting to true nation bashing. I'm from Russia, so my viewpoints on humanitarian issues don't mean anything? Ha. The course of this discussion shows how absolutely ridiculous your assertion is.

You didn't answer the question.

10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    Why talk about rawanda when there's clearer examples nearer to home? Chechnya for example. Ethnic cleansing, brutality against civilians it's all there on Russias doorstep.

Infracted: Please refrain from nation bashing.
    Last edited by Wikiy; 2012-12-26 at 08:23 PM.

And now we're resorting to true nation bashing. I'm from Russia, so my viewpoints on humanitarian issues don't mean anything? Ha. The course of this discussion shows how absolutely ridiculous your assertion is.
    Don't say anything about the rape and murder of Native Americans.

(I'm assuming that poster is from USA)

@Said Poster: We've been here before, every nation has its dark moments. Stop pretending that any nation is holier than thou.

No just pointing out what a hypocrit you are. When your nation is perfect then feel free to comment on how other nations are run. Untill then get off your moral high horse.

No just pointing out what a hypocrit you are. When your nation is perfect then feel free to comment on how other nations are run. Untill then get off your moral high horse.
    Name me a nation that is "perfect". Just give me one.

PS: You're the main one judging how other nations are run; and since the list of 'perfect nations' is nill, who is the hypocrite exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Don't say anything about the rape and murder of Native Americans.

(I'm assuming that poster is from USA)

@Said Poster: We've been here before, every nation has its dark moments. Stop pretending that any nation is holier than thou.
    I'm from Britain, the same Nation you sprung from and were ruled by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by soulcrusher View Post
    Why talk about rawanda when there's clearer examples nearer to home? Chechnya for example. Ethnic cleansing, brutality against civilians it's all there on Russias doorstep.
    Am I Russia now? Am I the entirety of a country that has oppressed the rights and freedoms of people throughout its long history? Please.. its about as intellectually honest as me running around New York City screaming at everyone that they're murders for nuking Hiroshima.

So now our arguments are bound by what nation we're in? Instead of an argument being about the truth, it's now only decided by what nation the person happens to be in? Come on, get serious.

I'm from Britain, the same Nation you sprung from and were ruled by.
    So yeah, about India...

@Mods: Not nation bashing here, just saying every nation has dirt.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I am Russia, you might have a point. But I'm not. Although, your flagrant resorting to ad hominems and nation bashing in the face of logic makes this quite humorous.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    So yeah, about India...
    Which your nation helped with, thanks for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guilu View Post
    Yeah, how'd that work out in Iraq ?]
    Not terribly. The Iraqi government likes to push our buttons every now and then to see what they can get away with, but they also know when to sit down and shut up.