Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Banned for discussing locked topics etc is perfectly legitimate, every forum does that.

You poor dear! Here's a hanky.

I was not even discussing it just commented on it.

*was not looking for any response just noticed 6 of the threads I was following were gone, it was literately a passing comment.
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2012-12-27 at 03:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementalkin View Post
    Do you have any evidence of the incident, like maybe a screenshot or some other record of it? Otherwise, all we have to go on is your word that whatever you were banned for wasn't within the ToS. Unfortunately, you go on to say:

...Which is against the ToS. Posting that you agree with someone and adding nothing else would count as a non-constructive post, which is listed under spamming or trolling. Sorry.

I would have a screen shot of the forums? As for the second thing no it is not listed in their own rules We see it alot people don't even bother to post a replay just qoute someone. Hell I got a 7 day ban in Cata for bumping my OWN guild recruitment thread on the server forums and there is no rules against such a thing

---------- Post added 2012-12-26 at 07:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Eliot123 View Post
    Tbh I think it depends on their mood or something, I've written several times stuff that I'm quite sure would have deserved me a ban but nothing ever happened.

...then again, they probably don't go into class forums. >_>

I don't think they ever go in tot he class forums.

---------- Post added 2012-12-26 at 07:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xothic View Post
    The WoW forums ban all the moderately harsh posts, while leaving tens of useless unrelated threads up and going. It really pisses me off.

Mate, if the blizzard mods banned every person when they posted something not constructive, the forums would have roughly no people left. Its a fucking cesspool.

100% this. You see regular trolls and shit bags spiting their venom over and over on the forums and it is ignored.
    Last edited by But I Hate You All; 2012-12-27 at 03:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    As for the second thing no it is not listed in their own rules
    Yes it is. A non-constructive post is one that does not add to a discussion. To put it another way, if you merely replied to someone and said "I disagree", how would that be adding to the discussion, unless you went on to explain why?

We see it alot people don't even bother to post a replay just qoute someone. Hell I got a 7 day ban in Cata for bumping my OWN guild recruitment thread on the server forums and there is no rules against such a thing
    From the first sticky in Guild Recruitment:
    "Do not "bump" posts.
    The act of posting simply to bump a thread is considered spamming. This also includes bumping very old threads for no reason (called "necro bumping" or "necroing")."

Alastair, you can claim that you think the rules are unfair, and you can claim that you think that the moderators are not consistent in their enforcing of them, but you cannot claim that these rules don't exist, and you cannot claim that you haven't been in clear violation of them at least twice so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    nothing great either, was a post on page 16 on another thread that 6 other threads I were following were deleted?

Mods over there going a bit loco?

*didn't even get in any name calling or rage just got it because I said I was posting on thread moderation under the section of Ban Type:
    "other"
    Good for Blizzard. They need to start cracking down even harder on the crap that goes on in their forums.

Wow forums have been useless shit for years. I remember during the DIII disaster launch where 88% of the playerbase couldn't log in for 48 hours, i replied to a 1 day old blue post saying "gg blizz" - that got me a 6 months ban. Prior to that i had only gotten 1 ban before, for using rude language (i said "fucking retarded" about a bug) that got me 48h ban.

Justified? I think not. Blizzard forums can fucking burn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes it is. A non-constructive post is one that does not add to a discussion. To put it another way, if you merely replied to someone and said "I disagree", how would that be adding to the discussion, unless you went on to explain why?

From the first sticky in Guild Recruitment:
    "Do not "bump" posts.
    The act of posting simply to bump a thread is considered spamming. This also includes bumping very old threads for no reason (called "necro bumping" or "necroing")."

Alastair, you can claim that you think the rules are unfair, and you can claim that you think that the moderators are not consistent in their enforcing of them, but you cannot claim that these rules don't exist, and you cannot claim that you haven't been in clear violation of them at least twice so far.

"For your first part Spamming or Trolling
    This category includes:

Excessively communicating the same phrase, similar phrases, or pure gibberish
    Creating threads for the sole purpose of causing unrest on the forums
    Causing disturbances in forum threads, such as picking fights, making off topic posts that ruin the thread, insulting other posters
    Making non-constructive posts
    Abusing the Reported Post feature by sending false alarms or nonsensical messages
    Numbering a thread, IBTL, TLDR, or any other fad statements
    If a player is found to have participated in such actions, he/she will:

Be given a temporary or permanent ban from the forums, depending upon severity"

where does it say there you can not make a post agreeing with someone? it is not Excessively communicating the same phrase, similar phrases, or pure gibberish. I was not Creating threads for the sole purpose of causing unrest on the forums. it was not Causing disturbances in forum threads, such as picking fights, making off topic posts that ruin the thread, insulting other posters. Making non-constructive posts Well maybe it could be that but agreeing with someone is constructive and 90% of the wow forums are non-constructive posts. it was not Abusing the Reported Post feature by sending false alarms or nonsensical messages nor was it Numbering a thread, IBTL, TLDR, or any other fad statements.

As for the second thing From the first sticky in Guild Recruitment has NOTHING to do with the server forums.

I am yet to see a rule to say you can not bump your Guild Recruitment thread on your server forums in fact it is done allot.

So as said before they tend to ban for bullshit reasons

---------- Post added 2012-12-26 at 08:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Good for Blizzard. They need to start cracking down even harder on the crap that goes on in their forums.
    Good to see mmo champ is cracking down too

There does seem to be a LOT of inconsistency in their moderation at times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NSrm View Post
    Wow forums have been useless shit for years. I remember during the DIII disaster launch where 88% of the playerbase couldn't log in for 48 hours, i replied to a 1 day old blue post saying "gg blizz" - that got me a 6 months ban. Prior to that i had only gotten 1 ban before, for using rude language (i said "fucking retarded" about a bug) that got me 48h ban.

Agreed I got one 7 day ban for bumping my own guild recruitment thread on my servers forums. one 30 day ban for quoting someone and saying I could not agree more about the real id on the forums thing when that happened.

Oh and 1 last 30 day ban for daring to ask if blizzard listening to feedback from the players

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just going to say I don't everyone here that got banned from there was actually innocent. Really, I find it amusing that you guys would complain. And saying *GG Blizz** about the Diablo III thing...well...that isn't exactly the best post to make.

\

Spiteful much?
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2012-12-27 at 04:23 AM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    I broke the rules I guess but really just commenting that some threads I was following were deleted was viewed as discussing their moderation (seems like someone really had a bug up the back side to press that one)
    Posting or debating about locked, deleted or otherwise moderated threads is against the code of conduct.., it always sucks getting a ban if you like participating in debates on the public forums, so in essence that rule is quite nice to avoid flooding, I can easily imagine forums going completely out of control from emo teens whining about threads being locked

People don't get banned on public forums unless they deserve it, at first there's a bit of line before the hammer lands (pending on how retarded the person is), but once the hammer have gone down once, it really isn't taking a lot for a second / third strike to be implemented.., and for good reason.

Also, straight from the horses ass.., ehm, so to speak

My first ban was 7 days after diving really deep against a moderator (no retardness, pure debating about a feature), clearly he didn't agree. Second ban was a full month, and the third was a permanent ban.., but due to Christmas spirit etc, it got it lifted after 2½ month, lesson well learned though as I defo had it coming the third time.
    Last edited by Banzhe; 2012-12-27 at 04:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Banzhe View Post
    Posting or debating about locked, deleted or otherwise moderated threads is against the code of conduct.., it always sucks getting a ban if you like participating in debates on the public forums, so in essence that rule is quite nice to avoid flooding, I can easily imagine forums going completely out of control from emo teens whining about threads being locked

again was not debating anything? was a comment "and simple the 6 threads I was following were deleted". just seems a little overboard.

10+ Year Old Account
    again was not debating anything? was a comment "and simple the 6 threads I was following were deleted". just seems a little overboard.
    They seem to ban and delete people's whole post history

10+ Year Old Account
    The more traffic that a forum has, the more the mods are willing to ban on more simplistic breaches of rules of conduct. If you have a huge population to moderate, you can't look into specific cases and debate whether or not they deserve banning.

I got banned for saying that the Westboro Baptist Church needs to diaf.

They seem to ban and delete people's whole post history
    ya seen some really good player written guides go from those.
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2012-12-27 at 04:50 AM.

where does it say there you can not make a post agreeing with someone?
    As I said before, it says 'non-constructive posts', which you basically agree would apply. The simple statement that you agree with someone is NOT constructive, you have to either explain why or add some kind of new or personal perspective to the discussion.

As for the second thing From the first sticky in Guild Recruitment has NOTHING to do with the server forums.

I am yet to see a rule to say you can not bump your Guild Recruitment thread on your server forums in fact it is done allot.
    As far as I can tell, you're right on this one. It seems strange to me though that such a rule wouldn't be universal, but if it is, it's certainly not self-evident. However, as the thread in question was a guild recruitment thread, perhaps rules that apply to the Guild Recruitment forum also apply to any thread, regardless of where it is made, that would meet the criteria for being posted there.

You should also consider that while bumping isn't explicitly mentioned in the ToS, that's not a constructive post either, which seems to be a common theme here. At any rate, I'll grant you that it's a gray area in this specific case, because there's not a clear indication as to whether or not that's allowed.

Oh and 1 last 30 day ban for daring to ask if blizzard listening to feedback from the players
    Did you add anything else? If not, then that is once again a non-constructive, borderline inflammatory post. The implication that because Blizzard doesn't do what you want means that they aren't listening to their player-base is patently absurd. The current expansion launched with a number of new features, and aspects that players have been wanting for quite some time. Personally, I wouldn't even blame them for banning you on that one even if it hadn't been in violation of their ToS (though it definitely was). It's just meaningless, rhetorical whining.

10+ Year Old Account
    ya seen some really good player written guilds go from those.

What do you mean?

What do you mean?
    guides - sorry it's late.

15+ Year Old Account
    Welcome to the fucking club.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    As I said before, it says 'non-constructive posts', which you basically agree would apply. The simple statement that you agree with someone is NOT constructive, you have to either explain why or add some kind of new or personal perspective to the discussion.
    Really constructive is rather vague with wow forums and they tend to leave plenty of non constructive post up.

As far as I can tell, you're right on this one. It seems strange to me though that such a rule wouldn't be universal, but if it is, it's certainly not self-evident. However, as the thread in question was a guild recruitment thread, perhaps rules that apply to the Guild Recruitment forum also apply to any thread, regardless of where it is made, that would meet the criteria for being posted there.
    It only applies to the Guild Recruitment not server forums

You should also consider that while bumping isn't explicitly mentioned in the ToS, that's not a constructive post either, which seems to be a common theme here. At any rate, I'll grant you that it's a gray area in this specific case, because there's not a clear indication as to whether or not that's allowed.
    You are starting to come off as one of the Blizzard Zelots

Did you add anything else? If not, then that is once again a non-constructive, borderline inflammatory post. The implication that because Blizzard doesn't do what you want means that they aren't listening to their player-base is patently absurd. The current expansion launched with a number of new features, and aspects that players have been wanting for quite some time.
    Yes it was a very large post asking if blizzard does listin to feed back

Personally, I wouldn't even blame them for banning you on that one even if it hadn't been in violation of their ToS (though it definitely was). It's just meaningless, rhetorical whining.
    Ah the true Zelot comes forth. I am sorry people do not agree with everything your precious does.

---------- Post added 2012-12-26 at 08:57 PM ----------

guides - sorry it's late.
    Sorry was not trying to be a jerk. Just was confused but ya you are right they are a tad delete happy