Page 2 of 111 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    If this is the full story, what your brother is doing is rape, plain and simple. Consent given under duress is not consent. He's holding her financial situation over her head in order to extort sex from her. Confront him, and report him to the police if necessary.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    just going to play devils advocate here but from the way i read it shes doing this willingly right? as in she was capable of paying the rent before the 60% reduction? one could argue that its immoral of the guy but one could also argue that she brings it on herself if shes able to pay the full amount but chooses to sleep with the guy in order pay 60% less.
    if you take the 60% reduction, you can actually do more to get out is the thing, and get somewhere quicker rather then a slower approach

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by artem123 View Post
    if you take the 60% reduction, you can actually do more to get out is the thing, and get somewhere quicker rather then a slower approach
    yes this is true, but its not as if he's forcing her to do it if shes capable of paying the full price

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    Given OP's past thread history, I can't help but wonder. But I think that might be because I don't want to accept that something like this happens.
    It does happen, unfortunately. Man, I can't imagine the kind of damage to a person's mental health being in that kind of situation would do.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

just going to play devils advocate here but from the way i read it shes doing this willingly right? as in she was capable of paying the rent before the 60% reduction? one could argue that its immoral of the guy but one could also argue that she brings it on herself if shes able to pay the full amount but chooses to sleep with the guy in order pay 60% less.
    She could be making it barely each week maybe even forgoing meals, after all she's an unskilled worker so she can't be making that much at all.

one could also argue that she brings it on herself if shes able to pay the full amount
    One could, if one is an unscrupulous scum lacking the most basic elements of humanity.

She didn't bring anything on herself by being in dire financial straits. She is being exploited because of her situation. There is no way you can defend this (assuming the story is true) without discarding all pretense of empathy, compassion and everything that makes us humans.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mmines View Post
    She could be making it barely each week maybe even forgoing meals, after all she's an unskilled worker so she can't be making that much at all.
    wouldnt it be easier and more comforting to instead barely scrape by and find a new place to live rather than sell yourself for a reduction in rent?

Damn I clicked on this thread hoping it would be funny... McGill is a good school, so it saddens me your brother is destroying a bright future. I would threaten your brother with legal action - thus keeping the girl out of it. You want him to stop without a) getting arrested and b) her suing him.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It isn't rape and this wasn't forced on her. She agreed to it. She could say no and continue paying the full amount. Tell her if she wants to be a prostitute she can get a lot more out of it than this.

One could, if one is an unscrupulous scum lacking the most basic elements of humanity.

She didn't bring anything on herself by being in dire financial straits.
    I really do hope you bring this up to him op, i'm not sure of your relationship with your brother but hopefully you can get through to him.

Your brother's an immoral bastard...

wouldnt it be easier
    No.

instead barely scrape by and find a new place to live rather than sell yourself for a reduction in rent?
    You sound like you've never been under financial pressure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brydie View Post
    It isn't rape and this wasn't forced on her. She agreed to it. She could say no and continue paying the full amount. Tell her if she wants to be a prostitute she can get a lot more out of it than this.
    Chrysia already said it above:

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    If this is the full story, what your brother is doing is rape, plain and simple. Consent given under duress is not consent. He's holding her financial situation over her head in order to extort sex from her. Confront him, and report him to the police if necessary.
    It's consent under duress. I mean, maybe you can't out and out prove it's rape, but I'm pretty fucking sure any jury would convict his stupid ass if it went that far.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

Does this count as prostitution?

Scenario A is that the brother offers to reduce rent in exchange for sex. Scenario B is that he makes no special offer.

In scenario B, she gets kicked out. In scenario A, the young woman has the choice to turn down the offer and get kicked out, or to take him up on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Daelin Proudmoore View Post
    Does this count as prostitution?
    I don't think it would matter since prostitution is illegal in most states, anyway.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

She didn't bring anything on herself by being in dire financial straits. She is being exploited because of her situation. There is no way you can defend this (assuming the story is true) without discarding all pretense of empathy, compassion and everything that makes us humans.
    i didnt read anything in the op that said she was in any dire financial straits. only that she had just graduated high school and put off going to college for the time being to support her younger brother.

had the op said she was barely scraping by pay check to pay check, asking for money, or even came up with the intial plan of selling herself for a 60% reduction then yes i could see where she was in dire financial straits.

wouldnt it be easier and more comforting to instead barely scrape by and find a new place to live rather than sell yourself for a reduction in rent?
    It could be, but we really don't know entirely what her financial situation is except that it is bad. maybe some more background, what was the rent in the first place and what does she do.

Deleted
    Imagine how low you have to think about yourself to do something like that to anyone. Just the fact that he think he's doing her a favor reflects his intellectual level quite well.

You should probably report him to the police, that is illegal but more importantly... highly immoral

But... this guy is your own brother? I don't know man....... talk this over with him and since he's your own brother I guess at least let him know you might have to take action against him
    Last edited by WaitingforMoP; 2012-12-27 at 06:51 AM.