Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    The only promise that was broken was not having the Guesting feature at launch.

It's cool that they are letting us have free server transfers until they get it in
    They also backpedaled on the dye system a few years before launch.

Free server transfers seem pretty much the norm in many MMOs these days. Non-destructive server transfers mind you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    They also backpedaled on the dye system a few years before launch.

Free server transfers seem pretty much the norm in many MMOs these days. Non-destructive server transfers mind you.
    What happened with the dyes?
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post

I think it is that the dyes were account bound. That's what she's talking about? Cant think of anything else.

Originally they were suppose to be account bound.

But they make more money selling the same dye packs multiple times per character. Ergo, change.

10+ Year Old Account

But they make more money selling the same dye packs multiple times per character. Ergo, change.
    You can buy dye packs lol? I've got a significant amount of them just from opening unidentified dyes, i can also make some via cooking (did that like twice) so... yeah no real need for it.... *shrugs* account bound -would- be nice, but it's not that big of a deal to me.

EDIT: I'm more glad that things such as legendaries and their materials are account bound and not soulbound!
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Deleted
    they promised allot of activities (minigames) but failed to deliver that =/ (we got keg brawl!). and home instance is a joke...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by syom View Post
    they promised allot of activities (minigames) but failed to deliver that =/ (we got keg brawl!). and home instance is a joke...
    They actually flat out said "The mini games will not be in at launch" so that wasn't broken especially since they've said they're working on a few of them ATM.... And I like the home instance, although I wish my sylvari one changed nearly as much as my human one =(

The dynamic events failed to live up to what they promised. They're all just zergs that constantly refresh all day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sojou View Post
    The dynamic events failed to live up to what they promised. They're all just zergs that constantly refresh all day.
    I'm more upset that they never get failed, they wanted to make it a 60% success rate and 40% fail rate but it's more like a 99% success and 1% fail.

They actually flat out said "The mini games will not be in at launch"
    That would loosely be a "broken promise". Mini games were suppose to be a part of the "living world" of GW2 if pre-release marketing is to be believed [which it shouldn't].

Not having guesting, city games and the dye changes* are all things which were talked about to one degree or another by Anet. Yet not delivered in the current version of the game.

It's not like Colin has to make a pinky swear on camera before considering these underdeveloped, unfinished or otherwise crass changes to supposed features.

*I don't have any personal stake in these being in the game or not. Meh-a-tron.

That would loosely be a "broken promise". Mini games were suppose to be a part of the "living world" of GW2 if pre-release marketing is to be believed [which it shouldn't].

Not having guesting, city games and the dye changes* are all things which were talked about to one degree or another by Anet. Yet not delivered in the current version of the game.

It's not like Colin has to make a pinky swear on camera before considering these underdeveloped, unfinished or otherwise crass changes to supposed features.

*I don't have any personal stake in these being in the game or not. Meh-a-tron.
    -) we don't have guesting yet, instead there are other shorttime-solutions like free server transfer once a week and being able to play dungeons with people from other servers. There is probably a technical issue for no guesting currently, reading those statements from you guys: "they promised guesting blah" is just ignorant, we have more options than any other MMO can deliver already, and they repeatedly say that they work on the guesting feature.

-) Colin explained how they want to focus on high-level zones first, gameplay where you use your profession's skills instead of activity-skills. It seems like they underestimated the people's need for new content. This is probably why we got Southsun Cove - a new Mini-zone instead of one or two Minigames. I don't like the fact that they cater towards the power-level-kind of playertype but it's their decision, not mine to make.

-) They clearly explained why they think unlocking colors for each character is the better solution. It's part of the progression to work on a character. Take a look at the value of dyes in the trading post. With just a few pieces of gold you can buy almost every color available. You'd have all the colors on one character in less than a month. This would make every dye-drop after that just trash. The whole dye-system would be unneccesary for everyone in a few months. Dyes would get cheaper and cheaper in the trading post. It would be a just plain stupid mechanic to begin with. Can't people just use their brain instead of whine about dyes for months now?

Dyes not being account bound is the one thing that really annoys me since the price of Abyss shot up to 20g+.

Their reasoning for it is lame too. 'They're not supposed to be collectibles, each character should have its own palette', etc. The one thing in the game I do want to collect is not supposed to be collectible. :P

How about this: Rare dyes are account bound, all the rest aren't, that sounds like a good compromise to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Dyes not being account bound is the one thing that really annoys me since the price of Abyss shot up to 20g+.

Their reasoning for it is lame too. 'They're not supposed to be collectibles, each character should have its own palette', etc. The one thing in the game I do want to collect is not supposed to be collectible. :P

How about this: Rare dyes are account bound, all the rest aren't, that sounds like a good compromise to me.
    I see now issue with how it is now... And you gotta look at it as Maarius said.

ANet made a number of changes in the name of player convenience, strangely enough all the items that were changed from character to account bound cannot be bought in the cash shop, unlike dye packs.
    Whether people feel that's fair or not is entirely up to them, however painting it as "character progression" is pretty low considering the other changes that have been made.

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    There is probably a technical issue for no guesting currently, reading those statements from you guys: "they promised guesting blah" is just ignorant, we have more options than any other MMO can deliver already, and they repeatedly say that they work on the guesting feature.
    Whoa, whoa. No. No at all. Dubious and uninformed statement is dubious and uninformed.

It should not matter to us what the technicality is, firstly. That is Anet's issue to sort out. Not ours. And they haven't sorted it out.

Guesting was a feature touted by Anet. They have yet to deliver on the feature. Players of GW2 do not have more options than any other MMO can deliver w/r/t server placement.

-) They clearly explained why they think unlocking colors for each character is the better solution. It's part of the progression to work on a character. Take a look at the value of dyes in the trading post. With just a few pieces of gold you can buy almost every color available.
    And explanation doesn't absolve the backpedaling. In fact, that is backpedaling by cognitive and dictative definition.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/back-pedal
    http://www.thefreedictionary.com/backpedaling
    http://www.macmillandictionary.com/d...ican/backpedal
    http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dict...sh/backpedal_2

Whoa, whoa. No. No at all. Dubious and uninformed statement is dubious and uninformed.

It should not matter to us what the technicality is, firstly. That is Anet's issue to sort out. Not ours. And they haven't sorted it out.

Guesting was a feature touted by Anet. They have yet to deliver on the feature. Players of GW2 do not have more options than any other MMO can deliver w/r/t server placement.

And explanation doesn't absolve the backpedaling. In fact, that is backpedaling by cognitive and dictative definition.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/back-pedal
    http://www.thefreedictionary.com/backpedaling
    http://www.macmillandictionary.com/d...ican/backpedal
    http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dict...sh/backpedal_2
    You sound like a toddler "I don't care what it takes, i want a pony NOW!"

With the free server transfers the only problem is with people who want to server hop, if you've got decent enough friends then they'll want to move to a single server.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post

With the free server transfers the only problem is with people who want to server hop, if you've got decent enough friends then they'll want to move to a single server.
    Erm...what?

It's a promised feature that still has yet to appear, and we have no timetable that I've seen. That's kinda a big deal.

Free transfers help, but they aren't the guesting feature. I have different groups of friends on different servers who I would like to play with, and all of us expected to be able to play together (as separate groups) shortly after launch. We still can't play together and each group is happy where they are and have no desire to move.

If Anet hadn't hyped up the feature like mad and set expectations about when it would be in, you'd be correct. But they did, which is why it's still pretty shameful that it's not in the game yet.

I see now issue with how it is now... And you gotta look at it as Maarius said.
    I don't see how unlocking dyes contributes to "character progression". They've made it foolishness to use Unidentified Dyes anyway. They sell on the TP for 10-15 silver and your odds of actually getting a dye that you couldn't have just bought for less than 50 copper are extremely low.

Things were arguably fine before they nerfed the drop rates on dyes, you could get Abyss for 5g and Celestial for 2.5g. Unidentified Dyes only sold for around 2s each so people like myself were more willing to take a gamble on popping one to see what happened. IMO, it's a lot less fun now.

Maybe if they significantly increased the odds of getting rare dyes I wouldn't see a problem with the way it is now, but when your only true white is 10g and your only true black is 20g with no reliable* way to obtain either I'd say there's a problem.

* By "reliable" I mean if they'd at least made the cooking recipe for the rare Unidentified Grey Dye (or any of the rare crafted dyes) always have a chance to produce a random rare then I would consider that acceptable. The fact that you spend 1.5-2g in mats to create a rare recipe that has no guarantee of a rare product and can, instead, drop lesser quality items is BS. This is just another aspect of dyes that they've made not-fun, IMO.

Edit: As far as I know, even the dye packs in the Gem Store do not guarantee you a rare dye of any kind. (I had considered that an option for the rarer dyes until I discovered that.)
    Last edited by Lane; 2012-12-28 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post

Well, I was promised a pony. The burden is on the deliverer, not me.

15+ Year Old Account
    OP I am only gonna comment you on the /who thing. Even if we could see their guild, what stops them from representing another guild when they do swear and such in map chat? There is no way you will be able to see his guilds unless he represent them, but he can only repesent one at a time.