10+ Year Old Account

Question Reforge Lite is crazy

So I just downloaded this add on for the first time. It wants to reforge everything to mastery. Mastery is my lowest stat weight but on every preset it just tries to reforge every piece of gear to mastery. I'm confused with this.
    Last edited by Boricha; 2012-12-27 at 09:07 PM.

PEBKAC imo.

Infracted. Please don't insult other posters.
    Last edited by Rivellana; 2012-12-27 at 09:39 PM.

which class spec etc? did you select the right preset? did you fiddle with the numbers in any way? maybe missed a decimal number somewhere etc

10+ Year Old Account
    Frost mage. Every preset tells me to do the same reforging. Didn't mess with any stat weights but I tried moving mastery on top of other stats to see if it would change something but it didn't. I think I'm just going to re download it.

Actually now it's freezing up too, half the UI isn't clickable now.

I like:

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/reforgenator

Works alot better.

This addon attempts to inspects your class, spec, weapons, and stats to construct a priority list of stats and caps. With this model and your currently-equipped gear, this addon determines the most efficient way to reach the relevant caps for each stat.

At this time, at least one reforging scheme is supported for each class/spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Agrias-Oaks View Post
    PEBKAC imo.

Infracted. Please don't insult other posters.
    This is considered an insult now? Wow people are pampered pretty hard these days. My original comment is valid, the addon itself is working fine, the problem does exist between keyboard and chair.

Quote Originally Posted by Agrias-Oaks View Post
    This is considered an insult now? Wow people are pampered pretty hard these days. My original comment is valid, the addon itself is working fine, the problem does exist between keyboard and chair.
    Rather than insult someone and refer to them as the problem, you might find a constructive way of either resolving their issue with the addon or recommending one that works better. PEBKAC implies they are stupid and unsure of what they are doing. Regardless of their skill level, the addon may genuinely have issues, or might have incompatibilities with their system.

Moderator Note: If you have an issue with moderation, please use the 'Contact Us' box at the top of the page to send a PM to an administrator. Beyond that, discussing moderation in a thread is against the rules. - ML
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2012-12-27 at 11:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastmasterGuardian View Post
    Rather than insult someone and refer to them as the problem, you might find a constructive way of either resolving their issue with the addon or recommending one that works better. PEBKAC implies they are stupid and unsure of what they are doing. Regardless of their skill level, the addon may genuinely have issues, or might have incompatibilities with their system.
    PEBKAC generally refers to user error. Was there a nicer way of pointing it out? Yes, there is. But that in itself is hardly called an insult.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastmasterGuardian View Post
    Or he might actually not know what he's doing. Instead of asking us, and giving basically no additional info, he should be asking the addon author.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    Or he might actually not know what he's doing. Instead of asking us, and giving basically no additional info, he should be asking the addon author.
    He gave the additional information in the 4th post. But, rather than berate him for the issue he was having, I tried to recommend another addon that, for me at least, was easier to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    This is perfect. Hopefully the OP finds it useful as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Aveyai View Post
    So I just downloaded this add on for the first time. It wants to reforge everything to mastery. Mastery is my lowest stat weight but on every preset it just tries to reforge every piece of gear to mastery. I'm confused with this.
    Not sure exactly what you've done but I just tried the addon on my frost mage and my friends and it's reforging properly.

Did you go to "Presets" and choose "Frost"?

You should get a screen that looks similar to below. If it isn't you can manually go through and rearrange them. It sounds like something is in the wrong place or you've placed a "cap" on one of the stats.