Page 42 of 74 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The XCOM Euro price is terrible. A typical example of steams terrible currency conversion. Everything not at least 50% reduced is not even worth looking. Amazon sells XCOM for the same price without any kind of special discount.

Deleted
    FTL is fantastic, just bought it for a few friends who didn't have it Also got the 2 pack of Orcs Must Die 2 since I never picked it up last sale.

Lego Lord of the rings is a pretty bad price considering it was $7.50 on amazon on christmas eve.

So, any opinions if I should pick up Alice Madness Returns at 4.99, or wait and see if it goes $2.49 next year?

On second thought, I think I decided for myself. I already bought 48 games this year, and I'm still planning on getting a couple of amazon editor's choice games. I need to slow down, and leave some games to buy next sale.
    Last edited by Arcilux; 2012-12-27 at 06:29 PM.
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

Quote Originally Posted by Arcilux View Post
    So, any opinions if I should pick up Alice Madness Returns at 4.99, or wait and see if it goes $2.49 next year?
    See my response above.

TLDR: YES

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    See my response above.

TLDR: YES
    Ah, did not see the edit. Well, that means I have to go watch a youtube video of gameplay now. I hope you're happy with yourself.

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    It might be worth the $2 if you're bored and don't have a lot of other games to play but to be honest I'd only give it a 4 or 5 out of 10 at best myself. It ranges from pointlessly easy to impossibly hard in places without any seeming logic which can make things frustrating, the enemy AI is very poor and unpredictable - sometimes you can walk right past an enemy and they're blind, sometimes you can be a hundred miles away hiding behind a building and get spotted which makes the whole stealth aspect again, frustrating. I didn't play multiplayer though and I've heard that was better so if you've got a few friends playing it then that would definitely increase the appeal.
    After reading some reviews on it I slowly backed away from the game. The second game looks so awesome and I like to play games in order, but one of the reviews that really stuck out to me was "It's one of those games that you gift to someone you hate, and want them to suffer.." Most of the reviews on the game overall were pretty terrible so I decided not to buy it even though it was extremely cheap

---------- Post added 2012-12-27 at 11:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Ugh. I'm maybe halfway through chapter 4 of The Walking Dead and it's losing a lot of steam as it becomes progressively more obvious that the core plot elements are extensively railroaded and the so-called "tough decisions" don't seem to matter for shit.
    That episode sure did change a lot, I think that was the only episode that actually gave no real choice as to what happens though
    Last edited by Jomaty; 2012-12-27 at 06:41 PM.

Credit for the creation of this awesome signature belongs to Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    The XCOM Euro price is terrible. A typical example of steams terrible currency conversion. Everything not at least 50% reduced is not even worth looking. Amazon sells XCOM for the same price without any kind of special discount.
    What's the US price on it on Steam?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Right now it's discounted by 33% to $33.49. Normally it's $49.99.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Steam typical 1:1 conversion so 33,49$
    Amazon and other retailers actually do some conversion, so Steam deals are garbage if not at least 50% off.
    Last edited by Faldric; 2012-12-27 at 06:51 PM.

Okay, so it's nothing new. Was thinking it might have been discounted further in the US or something.

In Denmark it's not so bad that they do a general Dollar=Euro structure, it'd be way more expensive here if they actually calculated it for each country seperately. Why? We have a 25% tax on everything here. Absolutely no exceptions.

Deleted
    Meh the price for Alice: Madness Returns is quite bad deal for EU normal price 49:99€ and now 75% off to 12.49€ feels so unfair

In case anybody is interested, Humble Bundle just added 3 more games to the collection if you pay more than average (currently $6.43) Total is now 9 games, 26 DLC, 9 soundtracks, and a movie.

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

new buys:

Ys Origin
    Deponia
    LA Noir Complete package

New flash sales:

Binding of Isaac 1.24 (worth noting this and it's DLC are in the Humble Bundle)
    Tom Clancy Franchise
    Forge 9.99

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

10+ Year Old Account
    Forge worth picking up for $10? Seen a few people play it and they seemed to enjoy it. Don't want to get it if it's not worth the money.
    Packers - Penguins - Gators

Quote Originally Posted by Arcilux View Post
    In case anybody is interested, Humble Bundle just added 3 more games to the collection if you pay more than average (currently $6.43) Total is now 9 games, 26 DLC, 9 soundtracks, and a movie.
    Figures, I bought The Basement Collection less than a month ago. Dammit.

...am I a terrible person for being disappointed at the free, extra games being added?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Graph View Post
    Forge worth picking up for $10? Seen a few people play it and they seemed to enjoy it. Don't want to get it if it's not worth the money.
    I don't actually know if it's any good or not, reviews seem mixed, but I just got given it so I guess I'll find out soon. It's worth noting that if you have 3 other friends who are interested in buying it, it's cheaper again to split a 4 pack.

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Figures, I bought The Basement Collection less than a month ago. Dammit.

...am I a terrible person for being disappointed at the free, extra games being added?
    Think of it as an opportunity to give them to some friends instead

LOL nice Nerraw.

This sale is actually my biggest expense yet. I have probably easily doubled my Steam library, plus started an Origin library. I'm going to have to go back and try and find receipts from previous sales, see how bad this year blew them all out of the water.

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

Well...I laughed...until I saw 9gag. I revoke my laugh.