Heard great things, thinking of buying

Im tempted to buy this game but I don't want to pay for it and find its crap. That's a more frequent occurance lately with MMOs so where can I get this in an extended version not the trial run for free?

I'm not asking for the full version for free just more than the typical extremely limited trial versions. Thanks all

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I'm not entirely sure on MMO-Champions stance on this but Notch himself (creator of Minecraft) told people in twitter that he is fine with people Illegally DL'ing Minecraft to play. He added that, if you do so and find you enjoy the game, buy it. Aside from that, pretty much the only other option is the trial.

There's no official version for free, but notch, doesnt care if people illegally download the game. So... yeah. ahaha

Quote Originally Posted by pokepikamon View Post
    There's no official version for free, but notch, doesnt care if people illegally download the game. So... yeah. ahaha
    This is true. To put it more specifically, he said that if money's tight for you, he doesn't expect you to spend your hard earned money on a video game, so pirate it if you really want to try it, but it would be nice if you paid for it in the future when money's less of an issue for you.

Tried a little bit of it, and the game doesn't really appeal to me, but a stance like that from a developer is pretty memorable in these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    To put it more specifically, he said that if money's tight for you, he doesn't expect you to spend your hard earned money on a video game
    Haha. I bet that like 1% of people who pirate Minecraft actually can't afford it.

What is Minecraft? 20 Euros? That's like US$27?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Well I'd say to get a rough feel for it I'd play minecraft classic (which is free) on minecraft's website. If you like that, go ahead and buy the game. Maybe watch some Let's Plays of it on youtube, the yogscast plays a lot of custom maps.

For me, it's been a highly versatile sandbox adventure game. Heavily moddable, with an infinite supply of free DLC in the form of its custom maps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Haha. I bet that like 1% of people who pirate Minecraft actually can't afford it.

What is Minecraft? 20 Euros? That's like US$27?
    A very large portion of the people that play Minecraft are minors.

To OP, Minecraft will probably scratch an itch you didn't know you had. But once you're done with the binge, you'll take a step back and realize it's a pretty awful game. Modding can add content and mechanics to keep things fresh and interesting.

I still play it very occasionally, but it's not really a primary game. Without some serious modding, there really isn't much to do once you've exhausted your supply of "MUST BUILD THIS," things.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

If you buy it, its all on you,
    Vanilla Minecraft is awesome by itself, its a free roam game, always expanding trying to add more interesting things.
    If you feel inventive, then try out some redstone contraptions.
    Want some adventure, then build a Nether portal and explore some Fortresses.
    Want to feel like MineCraft has an end? Grab some Eyes of Ender and find a Stronghold, get to the end, and kill that Dragon!!!
    find it a little boring in vanilla, then install some mods, there are a multitude of mods that people have in forums, they take ideas from other main stream games, and there are mods for different aspects of the game, there are mods like Industrial Craft 2 which expands on resource gathering and collecting, there is buildcraft which adds some automation such as quarries and item transport, even RedPower, which adds in both asthetic and functioning blocks if you know how to use them,
    there is even MystCraft which adds things like different dimensions like ages, and some "Linking Books" which you can use for instantaneous travel!!
    Buying it is up to you, but know this, I have been playing since alpha, and I still enjoy it, whether Vanilla or Modded, its still all MineCraft. So grab that pick and sword and have fun

Quote Originally Posted by soveda31 View Post
    If you buy it, its all on you,
    Vanilla Minecraft is awesome by itself, its a free roam game, always expanding trying to add more interesting things.
    If you feel inventive, then try out some redstone contraptions.
    Want some adventure, then build a Nether portal and explore some Fortresses.
    Want to feel like MineCraft has an end? Grab some Eyes of Ender and find a Stronghold, get to the end, and kill that Dragon!!!
    find it a little boring in vanilla, then install some mods, there are a multitude of mods that people have in forums, they take ideas from other main stream games, and there are mods for different aspects of the game, there are mods like Industrial Craft 2 which expands on resource gathering and collecting, there is buildcraft which adds some automation such as quarries and item transport, even RedPower, which adds in both asthetic and functioning blocks if you know how to use them,
    there is even MystCraft which adds things like different dimensions like ages, and some "Linking Books" which you can use for instantaneous travel!!
    Buying it is up to you, but know this, I have been playing since alpha, and I still enjoy it, whether Vanilla or Modded, its still all MineCraft. So grab that pick and sword and have fun
    I enjoy the sandbox but still want something to keep me hooked. It sounds like you're saying the game is finite. That's disappointing. I'd rather something I could potentially explore or create for as long as I want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axehandle View Post
    I enjoy the sandbox but still want something to keep me hooked. It sounds like you're saying the game is finite. That's disappointing. I'd rather something I could potentially explore or create for as long as I want.
    You can. There is no "end" to Minecraft. The world itself is infinite. You can build and build and build till your fingers bleed. When he refers to the end, he is referring to a zone thats called "The End". It is not literally the end.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Axehandle View Post
    I just bought minecraft myself. the game is pretty awesome, and only gets better with mods. the end he's talking about refers to an ending that was added near the end of the beta, for people to have a goal to work towards if they don't know what to do. it basically means you need to get a bunch of materials and good armor/weapons, then find a certain location, work through that and kill a dragon which is guarded by a massive amount of the most dangerous enemy of the game.

I bought the game twice, once for my son and once for myself, and have never regretted it.

You need to be aware, if you download the game illegally many mods (the lifeblood of the game IMO) will not work.

In addition to mods, don't forget the power/fun of multiplayer. It's one thing to build something epic and have only yourself to show it to, and entirely another to build things with / next to others. Ideas give way to more ideas and you may find you have more things you want to do then time to actually do it. I'm finishing a build right now, and there are at least half a dozen more in my head waiting for their turn to be created.

It's like playing with legos except you can't step on a renegade block and hurt yourself. Oh and Zombies