Thread: Is it Cheating?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It's a very slippery slope - one minute she's making out with another girl in front of you, the next she's banging your best friend behind your back.

If she's that wild, you telling her you aren't OK with it isn't going to fix it. Throw that one back, start looking for a new one.

Deleted
    It's a double standard, and yes, it is cheating if you consider kissing to cross the boundary.

Deleted
    I actually had this discussion with an ex who used to make out with her girlfriends.. I told her I did not like it and that I looked at it as cheating. After that she did not do it anymore. Just talk to her, if she is reasonable you will work that out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    It's a very slippery slope - one minute she's making out with another girl in front of you, the next she's banging your best friend behind your back.
    If his best friend is a girl then I see no problem...

Well not behind his back of course, but as long as he's allowed to join in.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    She was coherent enough to say it's not okay if he were to do anything like that.
    Funnily enough she started talking afterwards about how well she was holding her liquor, and how coherent she was.

Also, I guess I should've stated this, we've talked multiple times about being exclusive, it has always been exclusive, never has been the other way.

Also, the alcohol thing is not an excuse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormtrooperz View Post
    So, here's the scenario. My girlfriend, her friend and I are all sitting in the back of this car. My best friend and another friend are sitting up front, we are all drinking, having a good time. The girls are GONE, and i step out for a bit to get some fresh air. I'm gone for...3 minutes? I come back, I find out my girlfriend made out with her friend, after her friend kissed her. My friends up front swear it was for a good minute, it wasn't a peck, it wasn't that she was in shock, she seemed to go with it, for a good solid minute.
    Nah, it's all good. I'm quite sexually liberal - I judge others by the freedoms I'd like to have.

Sounds like you've got yourself a keeper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes this is cheating. Tell her how upset you are about this. I mean don't get physical but tell her how upset you are about it. About the drinking part well... if it happens again but you're the one doing it...may have to forgive her this time.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

If you think it's cheating, then it's time your relationship needs to be worked on.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdozia View Post
    I actually had this discussion with an ex who used to make out with her girlfriends.. I told her I did not like it and that I looked at it as cheating. After that she did not do it anymore. Just talk to her, if she is reasonable you will work that out.
    Yeah we've talked since then, I told her I consider it cheating, in my mind, even if you're the promiscuous type, you leave that at the door before you enter a relationship, that's sort of the point. If you like that lifestyle too much, then imo a relationship is not for you. Also, random, but is that Marina in your sig?

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact it was with a female is irrelevant. She did something intimate with a gender she is attracted to, so it is definitely a betrayal of trust. Would you even question this if it was some random guy?

What is actually cheating is sort of something that needs to be defined by the two of you personally, based on your own standards and the set boundaries of your relationship.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Yep, that's cheating. Make her feel guilty about it but if you really love her, talk to her about it.

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponXAnimosity View Post
    If you think it's cheating, then it's time your relationship needs to be worked on.
    ...how so?

---------- Post added 2012-12-27 at 11:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    The fact it was with a female is irrelevant. She did something intimate with a gender she is attracted to, so it is definitely a betrayal of trust. Would you even question this if it was some random guy?
    Nope, and that's the thing that irks me the most, she's insanely smart, was coherent, and told me if roles reversed, she wouldn't be okay with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, and that's the thing that irks me the most, she's insanely smart, was coherent, and told me if roles reversed, she wouldn't be okay with it.
    Double Standards alert right there.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    Double Standards alert right there.
    Yeeeeeep.

Today she told me that's not true, but i'm a firm believer of drunk words are sober thoughts.

10+ Year Old Account
    If that was my girlfriend doing that, I'd break up with her on the spot. I don't know how close you two are, but tell her that is was hurtfull and it can't happen again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeeeeeep.

Today she told me that's not true, but i'm a firm believer of drunk words are sober thoughts.

Well it is true. This is why I refuse to drink alcohol. Too risky but I digress.

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Yeeeeeep.

While I don't think she did anything wrong at all, nor do I think she cheated, I also don't really think she wants to be with you very much.

The fact that she's not even considering how you feel about this kinda shows that she wouldn't really care that much if it ended. If she REALLY wanted to make it work then I think she would be more considerate of what you're telling her.

I bet she'll do it again, whether she tells you or not.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm afriad it's cheating :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    Explain to her that she's admittedly pansexual so for HER there is, or could be, some level of connection when she's snogging someone else, and then how that makes you feel. Tell her that she of all people should know that there shouldn't be any stereotypes. Once she understands that, ask her why she then adheres to the stereotype when you bring up your example of making out with someone else. If she has any sense, she'll understand your POV, and won't do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Thats bollocks, unless she passed out completely then she was still in control enough to say no. People use getting drunk too often as an excuse to get away with shit they wanted to do while sober.
    Like I told that guy. She was coherent enough to say he can't do that.