Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Scammed for 100k gold + tabard of the lightbringer.

Was gonna trade it for a spectral tiger, and i decided to believe the scammer because it's christmas and i haven't met any scammers since i moved to stormscale.

Anyway, this guy has 3260 achievement points and a main on stormscale:

edit: Is there a problem with Naming and Shaming a level 27 alt that was made for scamming people after he took everything i own?

Is there a way to track him down by his account wide accomplishments/achievements, so i can report his main to blizzard while i'm trying to get back the gold he scammed me for?

- Figured it was all a little fishy, but once again i believed him because i was in a really good mood and i had just been talking with some other dudes on skype who were extremely nice :<

thank you.
    Last edited by mmocf0203e43c2; 2012-12-28 at 09:46 AM.

You can report any of his characters, explain it to Blizz ard and you'll probably get your money back.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can report any character of his, even the lowbie alt you linked. If you were really scammed, blizzard will have no problems tracking the account and giving you back your gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    1) Isn't there some sort of naming and shaming rule thing?
    2) I don't think there's anything Blizzard can do for you, but report anyway.
    3) My condolences on your loss.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Any char will do the job regardless of what he hides; Every single action / whispers yada yada are all recorded on ''Logs'' which blizzard has access to only.

No naming and shaming and i might be a bit jaded by eve online but imo its your fault you got scammed, its not hard to see that its not the mount, do a direct trade and nothing else. You fling your gold and items around carelessly you get fucked. Play smarter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not entirely sure how you were scammed, but Fiddlesnarf is right. Report the character you dealt with (giving as much detail as possible) and Blizz should be able to sort you out, providing it was meant to be an in-game transaction. If you were going to buy the code things are a little less certain.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zykaz View Post
    Was gonna trade it for a spectral tiger, and i decided to believe the scammer because it's christmas and i haven't met any scammers since i moved to stormscale.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ustfear/simple

Is there a way to track him down by his account wide accomplishments/achievements, so i can report his main to blizzard while i'm trying to get back the gold he scammed me for?

- Figured it was all a little fishy, but once again i believed him because i was in a really good mood and i had just been talking with some other dudes on skype who were extremely nice :<

thank you.
    DOn't bother trying to get your stuff back by yourself...That's the dumbest thing to do...Report his character...BLIZZARD will then track your money/item and give them back to you.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ustfear/simple

thank you.
    What were the conditions of the trade, and where were these conditions made? Also, how do you get scammed out of trading an item to someone?
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Deleted
    Fingers crossed then, waiting for their response.

---------- Post added 2012-12-28 at 10:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Somebodyelse View Post
    DOn't bother trying to get your stuff back by yourself...That's the dumbest thing to do...Report his character...BLIZZARD will then track your money/item and give them back to you.
    Figured i'd at least try at talk to the guy, but i know that insulting him would be stupid as hell

edit: It seems there aren't a lot of tickets this morning though, it says a gm will contact me soon =)

Fingers crossed then, waiting for their response.

---------- Post added 2012-12-28 at 10:47 AM ----------

Figured i'd at least try at talk to the guy, but i know that insulting him would be stupid as hell
    What were the conditions of the trade, and where were these conditions made?
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."

Deleted
    How on earth can you get scammed in WoW?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Somebodyelse View Post

Quote Originally Posted by emanresu View Post
    How on earth can you get scammed in WoW?
    The easiest way to get scammed is "If I give you these mats, will you make something for me?" and then they agree and just take the mats.

If you want to trade one item and some gold to another player for one item, it's impossible to get scammed, that's why I'm trying to find out what the OP did.

Deleted
    did you buy all this gold?
    people with this much gold tend to know about such risks

@OP: Answer me.

---------- Post added 2012-12-28 at 03:55 AM ----------

If the deal was made in Skype, then you're not going to get any of your gold or tabard back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Broloth View Post
    @OP: Answer me.
    Sorry, i thought i had already.

This guy was in my guild, and he asked if anybody was interested in buying a tiger for 300k, i said i have 100k and a tabard, and we agreed to trade it for that. he asked me to come on skype to send me a proof of the card he had, and the rest of the conversation took place there.

is that not enough informatino for blizzard?

edit:
    I thought it was clear already that i 'bought' a loot code, not a mount

Did you guys say you'd trade 100k and tabard for a Spectral Tiger in-game?

---------- Post added 2012-12-28 at 03:59 AM ----------

Also, why didn't you just have him claim it and then trade you the tiger for the gold and tabard?

---------- Post added 2012-12-28 at 04:00 AM ----------

edit:
    I thought it was clear already that i 'bought' a loot code, not a mount
    Yea, buying loot codes isn't supported by Blizzard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Broloth View Post
    Did you guys say you'd trade 100k and tabard for a Spectral Tiger in-game?
    Also, why didn't you just have him claim it and then trade you the tiger for the gold and tabard?
    I guess i wasn't really thinking.

And i'm 100% sure we did agree to trade 100k and the tabard for the spectral tiger ingame, was on my alt though.

I guess i wasn't really thinking.

And i'm 100% sure we did agree to trade 100k and the tabard for the spectral tiger ingame, was on my alt though.
    Well, there's a good chance you won't get your stuff back because what you did breaks the ToS.