10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    I'm not a kitchen sorceress so I wouldn't know what a "vidalia" onion is. Nor brisket.
    Dear child, you don't know what brisket is? Vidalia onions are a southern US thing, so maybe they don't make their way to Sweden. Do you know what yellow (often called "sweet") onions are? They're very similar, just tastier.

When I win the lottery I'm going to have to abduct a bunch of you Europeans and bring you here so you can all find out what good food is.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    US
    good food

wat

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not very well acquainted to the ways of the food, I am not a great chef (and not actually allowed to cook on my own) so there's like... Billions and billions of very common food stuff I've never had. I had my first cupcake two months ago. And I know onions come in several colors. I don't know what these colors are or what the onions are called. But I shall take your word for it!
    Red, white, yellow, and green are the most common colors of onion. They each have different uses and tastes and are all different "cultivars" (Wiki's word, not mine) of the same general kind of plant. You tend to eat red ones fresh, like on burgers or in salads. White ones are kind of general-purpose, and yellow ones are the same but are a little sweeter. Green ones tend to get diced up and used together with things like celery, they usually aren't eaten raw or cut into large sizes.

Why aren't you allowed to cook on your own?

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    US
    good food

wat
    I will end you.

---------- Post added 2012-12-28 at 05:43 AM ----------

I'm not actually sure what US food is. First thing to pop to mind was junk food, but most of that stuff is imported... Grilled things, perhaps?
    McDonald's is probably the first thing that pops into peoples' heads, but even with the higher quality ingredients foreign McD's use, it's still trash.

I'm talking about proper BBQ and goddamned Tex-Mex. BBQ in particular is like a sacred art here in the South and there are numerous varieties in different states and regions, all of which are related but very distinct.

Tex-Mex is God's gift to Earth.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    My memory is borked, so I forget where I am and what I'm doing every now and then. At occasions this has bad consequences. Burnt down the kitchen twice which cost a lot in repairs. One was for different reasons though. It's not very smart to leave me unattended with dangerous things!
    Aww. Well, you should find someone else that enjoys cooking and you can teach each other! Cooking's freaking awesome, it's the only kind of art that lets you eat what you created!

US
    good food

wat

You have an excellent point.

All of Americas food is just stolen from EU anyway...

10+ Year Old Account
    I have three much younger sisters who can attest to playdough working in very similar ways!

And I'll just marry someone who knows how to cook, it's the single most important quality now a days
    Is it? Well, it is something that women do seem to like. Hooray for reinforcement of gender roles!

---------- Post added 2012-12-28 at 06:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    You have an excellent point.

All of Americas food is just stolen from EU anyway...
    Pfft. As if you lot could come up with something as divine as Carolina BBQ. I've had authentic European food, and the Italians and French are about the only people in that area of the globe with any talent!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Pfft. As if you lot could come up with something as divine as Carolina BBQ. I've had authentic European food, and the Italians and French are about the only people in that area of the globe with any talent!
    I was about to reply asking if you ever went to France or Italy (or Spain). I guess I was preceded.

Don't get me wrong because personally I'm a sucker for chili con carne and other various stuff like that. But.. it nowhere even compares to the history, tradition, and literally art that French and Italian cuisine are and convey with them.
    Last edited by mmocf2aa074f10; 2012-12-28 at 12:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yes, women love eating playdough, can't get enough of it. It's been on the menu for every gathering of the National Women's Right convention since the Seneca Falls Convention of 1848 in which the catering was described as both colorful and rather salty.
    Majad was right. I'm going to be using that Nathon Fillion gif a lot.

The Greek and south Europe in general have delicious food! And HA! I was right. American food is grilled stuff. I'm culturally aware and smart!
    Oh, right, Greek food is very tasty, too. We've got a few mom and pop restaurants here, it's all pretty good. Homemade baklava is probably the best sweet food I've ever had.

And like I said, BBQ is basically a sacred art here in the US, particularly in the South. We make things even the Muslims and Jewish are willing to look the other way for.

---------- Post added 2012-12-28 at 06:23 AM ----------

I was about to reply asking if you ever went to France or Italy (or Spain). I guess I was preceded.

Don't get me wrong because personally I'm a sucker for chili con carne and other various stuff like that. But.. it nowhere even compares to the history, tradition, and literally art that French and Italian cuisine are.
    Oh, I've never been overseas, but the great thing about 'Murica is that if you look a little, you can almost always find immigrants that still cook their family's food the old ways. That's the one thing that always just blows my mind when talking about food to foreigners; we have so many choices of such wide varieties of food here, but I talk to Eurozone people and it's always like "well we have this, this, and this, and that's it."

How the hell do you people live!?

And yeah, I'm not going to pretend our food culture is anywhere near as refined or deep as Italian or French; hell, all of our food culture originated elsewhere, we just took it and made it better. Chili is a huge thing down in Texas and in many areas of the south, but chili itself (usually called chili con carne outside the US) was originally a Mexican dish.

10+ Year Old Account
    I grilled a hotdog once.
    Baby steps.

And pretty much no greek restaurants nearby, but we have like 50 restaurants run by the Syrian families here. They make pretty darn good food. But I'm like 70% sure they're not a European people. Unless they're a slavic ethnicity. Sudden realization Syria is a pretty large country not in Europe...
    Nope, that'd be Middle Eastern. There's a really good Lebanese steakhouse not far from here that's really, really good, but that's about the extent of my experience with cuisine from that part of the globe.

Deleted
    Oh, I've never been overseas, but the great thing about 'Murica is that if you look a little, you can almost always find immigrants that still cook their family's food the old ways. That's the one thing that always just blows my mind when talking about food to foreigners; we have so many choices of such wide varieties of food here, but I talk to Eurozone people and it's always like "well we have this, this, and this, and that's it."

How the hell do you people live!?

And yeah, I'm not going to pretend our food culture is anywhere near as refined or deep as Italian or French; hell, all of our food culture originated elsewhere, we just took it and made it better. Chili is a huge thing down in Texas and in many areas of the south, but chili itself (usually called chili con carne outside the US) was originally a Mexican dish.
    Um, well we only list the stuff that's specific or that originates from our country, but we obviously do have stuff from all over the world as well
    Immigrants that actually cook the exact same way are extremely rare, and they're only a few samples of a whole culture. Foreign restaurants we have in Paris (and there are more foreign restaurants than french restaurants...) are nowhere near comparable to the stuff you can eat in the country itself. Stuff like Spanish crude ham (serrano? or something like that) can only be found there, the imports are just bad by comparison. Same with local cheese, that's the kind of food you'll never find in a store even in the original country, let alone as an export. Bread... I've ever found a single bread outside of France that was even remotely comestible. I've eaten the best calzone in my life in Napoli, and no other ever came close.
    I love the Indian stuff with loads of spices, and I'm fairly sure if I could afford travellingthere it would be even more delicious~
    Last edited by mmocf2aa074f10; 2012-12-28 at 12:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Um, well we only list the stuff that's specific or that originates from our country, but we obviously do have stuff from all over the world as well
    Immigrants that actually cook the exact same way are extremely rare, and they're only a few samples of a whole culture. Foreign restaurants we have in Paris (and there are more foreign restaurants than french restaurants...) are nowhere near comparable to the stuff you can eat in the country itself. Stuff like Spanish crude ham can only be found there, the imports are just bad by comparison. Same with local cheese, that's the kind of food you'll never find in a store even in the original country, let alone as an export. Bread... I've ever found a single bread outside of France that was even remotely comestible. I've eaten the best calzone in my life in Napoli, and no other ever came close.
    I love the Indian stuff with loads of spices, and I'm fairly sure if I could afford travellingthere it would be even more delicious~
    Yeah, I guess the major European cities might be an exception, but Tulsa is just a city of roughly a million people, it's not even going to show up on a list of even semi-large cities in America, and we still have a lot of diversity in food here.

Oh, I've never been overseas, but the great thing about 'Murica is that if you look a little, you can almost always find immigrants that still cook their family's food the old ways.
    But people have their own variations of cooking, and it's near-impossible to find someone who truly sticks to the original style of cooking from their homeland. If you want the best and most genuine stuff, you have to go to the country who's cuisine it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never heard of Lebanese cuisine. Also did not know where that country was. Though middle eastern countries probably top germanic cuisine. Or northern Europe in general. One can tell our food culture is based on desperation
    Dunno about Sweden, but German food is actually pretty good. We've got a pretty good German deli nearby, and they import the real deal, too. The beer's expensive but it's the best I've ever had; even the best American premiums come absolutely nowhere close, they aren't even on the same scale.

Huh. When Swedes want cheap beer, we go buy it in Denmark. If I recall correctly, when danes want cheap beer, they go buy it in Germany. German beer is supposed to be cheap!
    They have a festival based off of alcoholism. I doubt their beer would be pricey.

Deleted
    Dunno about Sweden, but German food is actually pretty good. We've got a pretty good German deli nearby, and they import the real deal, too. The beer's expensive but it's the best I've ever had; even the best American premiums come absolutely nowhere close, they aren't even on the same scale.
    Now imagine if you could actually get local German beer and not imports!

Quote Originally Posted by Elyaan View Post
    They have a festival based off of alcoholism. I doubt their beer would be pricey.
    outside of Germany it can be kinda pricey, in germany it's peanuts. Although whenever I'm in Germany or Austria or anything I usually buy flugel, although I think that might be dutch, they usually have it.

Welp leaving for the airport in an hour, Happy New Year in advance.

10+ Year Old Account
    i'm coming home from a hard day and the rain outside, with a sick stomache and what do i find? several pages of discussion about food in the chat thread!

life really hates me sometimes...

now if you'll excuse me, i'll go puke and try to find some steril enviroment afterwards where my tummy can rest for a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    i'm coming home from a hard day and the rain outside, with a sick stomache and what do i find? several pages of discussion about food in the chat thread!

life really hates me sometimes...

now if you'll excuse me, i'll go puke and try to find some steril enviroment afterwards where my tummy can rest for a while.
    Yes, I've been working on improving it. You can thank me after I start decoying GenOT people here until we take over.

Deleted
    literally art
    >literally art
    >literally art
    >literally art
    >literally art
    >literally art
    >literally art
    >literally art
    >literally art

I prefer it to the usual 8 Chat Thread dwellers posting one page worth of posts in the course of a month!
    Somebody ought to actually use this thread.
    Psh, dirty plebs. This thread used to be something special!

Deleted
    I remember when this thread used to be cool.