Poll: Is $48m a year too much?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Berlusconi ordered to pay ex-wife $48m a year!

Pictured: Silvio Berlusconi with ex-wife Veronica Lario. His 28 year old fiancé Francesca Pascale, who is about a third his age.

Italy's former Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi has agreed to pay $48m (£30m) a year to his ex-wife Veronica Lario, reports say.

Berlusconi will keep the $100m villa where the couple lived with their three children, as part of a divorce deal reportedly filed on Christmas Day. Ms Lario left Berlusconi in 2009 after he was seen at the 18th birthday party of an aspiring model. US magazine Forbes estimated his wealth at nearly $6bn in March.

The Corriere della Sera newspaper reported that Ms Lario had initially asked for $56m a year. Her 76-year-old ex-husband reportedly offered her about $5m. The couple met in a dressing room in 1980 after Berlusconi saw Ms Lario, 56, perform in a Milan theatre. They were married in 1990. He has two other children from his first marriage and is currently engaged to 28-year-old Francesca Pascale .

Berlusconi was Italy's longest-serving post-war prime minister until he resigned in November 2011. He says he will to run for office again in 2013.

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-20857664

boom owned
    Pawzz, ArenaJunkies

He might have got owned by his ex-wife, but lets be fair, look at what he's going home to tonight and ask yourself, did he really get owned?

(Silvio might be a twat, but he really is proof that while money can't buy you love, it sure as hell can score a beauty!)
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, she divorced him after affairs kept popping up (nevermind the whole Rubygate) and he's got a high enough income to offset that sum. So yes, I'm fine with that.

Quote Originally Posted by koodledrum View Post
    He might have got owned by his ex-wife, but lets be fair, look at what he's going home to tonight and ask yourself, did he really get owned?

(Silvio might be a twat, but he really is proof that while money can't buy you love, it sure as hell can score a beauty!)
    Nice objectifying of women, there.

Besides... If, as you posit, that she's only with him for the money... How is that anything to be jealous of? If anything, that's sad. I feel pity for him, since anyone who is marrying another person purely for financial gain must be a pretty selfish and horrible person to deal with.

As for the question in the poll? Yes, $48m per year is too much... If only because it's sickening that he can afford that and still have a stupidly huge income. There's so much that could be done with that money, and instead it's going to languish in some bank account somewhere. Shame.

Deleted
    Even if I had asmuch money as him my ex would not get a single dollar

How does being married to the guy warrant 30 million a year till he kicks it? Sometimes I wish I was an attractive woman instead of a cave troll

He won't pay a single buck.

Its like 10 years we're facing this disgrace of a mafia-pedophile man and there's no way he would get caught for anything he has done.

And he has done...A LOT. Name it, he did it somehow. His name went out even in Borsellino and Falcone (anti-mafia judges) murders.

There's no way he'll pay a single coin to his former wife.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    As for the question in the poll? Yes, $48m per year is too much... If only because it's sickening that he can afford that and still have a stupidly huge income. There's so much that could be done with that money, and instead it's going to languish in some bank account somewhere. Shame.
    He owns a massive media corporation. It's not surprising.
    But using that logic, should we not allow people to save money as they wish?

He's worth almost 6b so this isn't much to him.

30m a year for doing nothing but being married, till he dies, is ridiculous though. 5m a year seemed fine.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What a greedy fucking Bitch.

What could she possibly need to upkeep that costs that much.

Also I'm glad to live in a country without Alimony laws. stupidest fucking concept ever. Women who divorce their husbands and still live off them for years is fucking atrocious.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post

30m a year for doing nothing but being married, till he dies, is ridiculous though. 5m a year seemed fine.
    0 seemed even better. Especially for "doing nothing but being married".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post

He is currently paying her 100 000 Euros a month!

His ex-wife is 56. Assuming she lives another 30 years to the age of 86 with payments at the current rate.
    She will earn $48m*30 for a grand total of 1.4 billion USD.

Pretty sweet divorce settlement. :S

I wouldn't give her a single dime.

He's rich, he's a douchebag, and it's his fault. Plus this is pocket change to him so I'm fine with it.

Suits that sleazy bastard right, but I doubt he'll actually pay anything; like, how many sentences and charges have failed to do anything to him by now?

Deleted
    "Too much" doesn't even remotely describe how ridiculous and silly this is.
    Hope he won't pay her anything at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post
    Also I'm glad to live in a country without Alimony laws. stupidest fucking concept ever. Women who divorce their husbands and still live off them for years is fucking atrocious.
    Ain't that the truth. "I'm leaving you but I still wanna be fiscally dependent on you to make your life miserable while I blow every dollar you give me on useless shit."

Even if she was providing food and shelter for a thousand dependant children I'd still be hard pressed to justify 48m per year.

I just read the article. Title seems misleading. Seems like he voluntarily agreed to give his wife that much; he wasn't ordered to do it.

If he agreed to give his wife this much money on his own the hell does any of you care?

---------- Post added 2012-12-28 at 02:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMechatronGamer View Post
    He is currently paying her 100 000 Euros a month!

His ex-wife is 56. Assuming she lives another 30 years to the age of 86 with payments at the current rate.
    She will earn $48m*30 for a grand total of 1.4 billion USD.
    He's 76. Don't know how Italian laws work but normally if he dies the payment stops.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdozia View Post
    Even if I had asmuch money as him my ex would not get a single dollar
    But then it comes to the conclusion: If he know he is making a lot of money and he knows he likes to jodgle woman, why the hell would he even marry?

ps: And if he just wanted kids he didn't needed a wife also as then if things grew appart he would still have to pay for the kids alimony but not for the mother (as in wife). So the kids well-being would be put first as they recieve the money via there mother, but not the mother millions.
    Last edited by mmoc0127ab56ff; 2012-12-28 at 02:59 PM.