10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neazy View Post
    Simmons fucking sucks on TV. I turn that shit off whenever I see him. There's a reason he's a writer and not an analyst.
    He filled in for a week or more once on PTI. It was a bad time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    Pretty easy to get a good QBR if you don't throw the ball that often (Wilson has yet to break 3000 yards passed!). Alex Smith still has 104.1 QBR and he is gone? Russel Wilson has Lynch on his side, and has a very good defence that doesn't force him to play risky to catch a massive lead that they've allowed aswell.

I'm not saying Wilson is bad, but all the Seahawks fans giving Wilsom some sort Messiah status is getting somewhat out of hand!
    maybe you missed when the Seahawks completed every 3rd down except for the one where Wilson spent 18 seconds scrambling and the one where Flynn took a knee to end the game against what had previously been the best defense in the league

and news is that Sherman successfully Braun'd his way out of his suspension

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    and news is that Sherman successfully Braun'd his way out of his suspension
    The only problem I have with this is that it's being reported as "Sherman SAYS he won his appeal". Like we're being told to trust his word or something. Or that there's no official word.

10+ Year Old Account
    there's official word now, I waited 'til there was before I said anything

The Associated Press obtained a copy of former NFL executive Bob Wallace's ruling, which explained the tester's handling of Sherman's leaky sample cup was "a big deal" not noted in the original report. The tester later admitted the sample cup had leaked and its contents transferred to another cup, but Wallace noted "insuring a sample is collected properly is the cornerstone of the program" and voided Sherman's suspension.

10+ Year Old Account
    Normally I don't post stuff like this, but this is an amazing highlight reel. http://vimeo.com/56269655

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    ESPN just popped up a graphic about Russell Wilson before their little puff piece on him. Since week 6, Wilson has not only been the best rookie QB, he has been the best QB in the ENTIRE NFL period. His QBR is better than Manning who has been shredding people. His 23TD/6INT is better than anyone this side of Tom Brady. God I love Russell Wilson. One more game and I owe myself a Wilson home jersey.

central Virginia is going crazy with his success. My sisters knew his wife in high school. I played against him in football, and he kicked our ass. Everyone is going crazy over him. I'd go so far to say i really want a Russell Wilson jersey, but im a damn Steelers fan and my pride is too damn great.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

"They was WATERING them. They was trying to GROW WHEELBARROWS."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    He filled in for a week or more once on PTI. It was a bad time.
    Really? I enjoyed the week on PTI and he has vastly, vastly improved their NBA pre-game show this year along with Jalen Rose.

Matt Kalil gets in as an alternate. What a fucking travesty.

There were tons of players that got in that shouldn't have. Jeff Saturday is one of the best centers of all time, but he defiantly shouldn't have got in. Weird seeing Schaub get in over Luck as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Novar View Post
    There were tons of players that got in that shouldn't have. Jeff Saturday is one of the best centers of all time, but he defiantly shouldn't have got in. Weird seeing Schaub get in over Luck as well.
    It was probably that 54% completion, and 21 TD to 18 interception ratio. Versus Schaub's 22/10 and 64%

Luck is very overhyped for some reason. People even mention him as rookie of the year over rg3 and wilson. Look at conscripts numbers, he isnt a top qb.

Just the probowl though, i dont even watch it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Luck is very overhyped for some reason. People even mention him as rookie of the year over rg3 and wilson. Look at conscripts numbers, he isnt a top qb.
    And for some reason, no one's talking about Alfred Morris or Doug Martin for rookie of the year.

It was probably that 54% completion, and 21 TD to 18 interception ratio. Versus Schaub's 22/10 and 64%
    I think the stats don't tell the whole story in this situation. Luck took a team that won 2 games last year and got them to 10 wins this year. Schaub is playing on a team that won a playoff game with their third string quarterback last year. Naturally, Schaub needs to do less for his team to win games, so he takes less risks and racks up better stats. If I'm picking between those two guys based on this season only, I'd take Luck over Schaub and not even think twice about it.

RG3 is still better though. Which is crazy cause I thought he'd be a bust.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the stats don't tell the whole story in this situation. Luck took a team that won 2 games last year and got them to 10 wins this year. Schaub is playing on a team that won a playoff game with their third string quarterback last year. Naturally, Schaub needs to do less for his team to win games, so he takes less risks and racks up better stats. If I'm picking between those two guys based on this season only, I'd take Luck over Schaub and not even think twice about it.

RG3 is still better though. Which is crazy cause I thought he'd be a bust.
    When it comes to RG3 and Cam Newton, I use the Michael Vick/Tim Tebow rule. Eventually, people figure it out. Wait a couple years, see if people are still overrating him.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think the stats don't tell the whole story in this situation. Luck took a team that won 2 games last year and got them to 10 wins this year.
    That is probably a bit unfair just like it is unfair to claim that the drop happened because of Manning alone. The reason the Colts were so bad is that they didn't even have even remotely close to a replacement level QB. The QBs on their roster last year were absolute jokes. Collins was old and immediately injured. Dan Orlovsky couldn't cut it as the backup in freaking Detroit. Curtis Painter was arguably the worst QB in the entire league last year. Even with a replacement level QB (which Luck is certainly better than) the Colts would have improved drastically. The Colts started three guys who has no business being on a roster last year, that is why they were so completely wretched, not only because they didn't have Manning or now Luck.

I want to agree with you about Luck over Schaub, but frankly I don't think either of them should be there. That last spot should have been Andy Dalton's if anyone's. He has more TDs than either. He has way more yards than Schaub. His team is in the same position as the Colts while playing in a vastly better division.

10+ Year Old Account
    And for some reason, no one's talking about Alfred Morris or Doug Martin for rookie of the year.
    Alfred Morris has been super consistent, but has been overshadowed, albeit unfairly, by RG3. D-Mart should be a legitimate candidate for RotY, however, what Wilson and RG3 have done has been too hyped now for one of them not to get it. Same reason Manning will, win MVP, sure Peterson deserves that far more, but Manning has been too hyped NOT to win. Wilson should get RotY imo. As for Vick/Tebow -> Newton/RG3, remember, the latter are FAR superior in the pocket.

I think that what Luck has done in Indy is enough. Luck has Reggie Wayne..... and? Wilson while playing for my favorite team was absent half the year and has the best supporting cast out of any of the rookie qb's. I think the fact that Luck has taken a 2-14 team and brought them to the playoffs is enough for me. If you're going to bring up the INT's, you have to realize he has literally had to carry that offense on his back, wilson hasn't had to in really and way shape or form.

15+ Year Old Account
    you have to realize he has literally had to carry that offense on his back, wilson hasn't had to in really and way shape or form.
    That is nonsense. If Luck was "carrying the Colts on his back" by himself, why does Wilson have more TDs while playing against the single hardest defensive schedule in the NFL? Luck has buried his team time after time this year with irresponsible play and then has clawed his way back out with a desperate passing game inflating his stats and minimizing the value of their mediocre running game. Its hard to run the ball when the QB spots the other team 2-3 picks like Luck did in numerous games.

10+ Year Old Account
    their passing numbers are terrible

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    That is nonsense. If Luck was "carrying the Colts on his back" by himself, why does Wilson have more TDs while playing against the single hardest defensive schedule in the NFL? Luck has buried his team time after time this year with irresponsible play and then has clawed his way back out with a desperate passing game inflating his stats and minimizing the value of their mediocre running game. Its hard to run the ball when the QB spots the other team 2-3 picks like Luck did in numerous games.
    There's more to being a good QB that throwing a bunch of 5 yard touchdown passes. Wilson has 9 sub 200 yard games this season. He isn't carrying shit! Lynch and the defence is making sure the other team simply don't score enough for Wilson to have to prove his worth. God forbid that Lynch gets hurts and the defence has a bad day the Seahawks will collapse when Wilson is forced to run an up tempo all out pass attack to catch up.

I would love to see the Seahawks play Brady, Manning or Rodgers in january/febuary and the defence/Lynch have a bad day just so the "Wilson" fanatics" would shut up.

---------- Post added 2012-12-29 at 12:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    their passing numbers are terrible
    I lol'ed ...