Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    To me, this is one of the threads where people commune who just need to fault and complain because they have this drive to fault and complain. I don't know. Maybe it's what makes you feel different, or special, or discerning or whatever. Pointing out how your sophisticated and non-streamlined expectations aren't being met. In all of this, you seem to have completely lost the ability to simply enjoy a game for what it is.

I mean, I do get the point, I had fun exploiting unexpected glitches here and there too. But it's like Servasus already said: they're glitches. Constructing an argumentation about game design, the "soul" of the game, the developers' mindset and conceptions of "fun" around something like that is really dragged in by the head and shoulders. It's just you guys being sophisticated and old-school. No offense boys. Perhaps think about it for a moment.

Blizzard just can't do any right. Now they're guilty of being too good in preventing and fixing bugs. Oh well.
    Last edited by Pull My Finger; 2012-12-28 at 10:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Uuuu... this was explorable?
    I always turned my camera around when falling down twards Anub'arak, trying to see as much as I could as I fell 'through' the old forgotten kingdom in those brief few seconds.
    That's Azjol'nerub; Ahn'kahet is the one inside the giant cavern.

I've noticed that most dungeons (like Azjol'nerub, stonecore, etc) that are just stitched together static meshes don't have "inaccessible" (slabhide's overlook) areas programmed with any collision... meaning that, if you can get into them, you'll just end up clipping through the "ground" and falling down onto the blank template terrain blizzard builds their dungeons with.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2012-12-28 at 10:17 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

You can't really add new secrets to a game that is datamined to death each minor patch/hotfix.

Walljumping could also be used in BGs and raids, and most people weren't so happy about that.

And events are tricky, many people remember the pre-WotLK event as the worst experience they've ever have in WoW, others demand one of those every month.

So, sorry to disappoint you, but the lack of mystery is not completely Blizzard's fault, but the huge community that has transformed a fantasy world into a bunch of strats, numbers and rankings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurioxan View Post
    yeah the truth is the game become too predictable, all the mystique is gone.

The more they give the more they take, and the more we have to have Fun(tm) instead of fun.

Edit: this is obviously my point of view, my own truths, I am sure quite a lot of people hated how it was back then and much prefer the safety and predictability it has now.
    Personally, i dont, i like the 3 ex's, experiment, explore, exploit (dont mean hacks, exploiting how far you can take something)
    I agree with all of what you said, your examples were excellent, and I think you captured a great deal of how WoW has gone wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Elementalkin View Post
    What are you talking about? I thought that the whole region from the blood elf starting area, to Silvermoon, and all the way to the edges of the Ghostlands IS Quel'thalas.
    Look at your map. Northwest of Eastern Plaguelands, Southwest of Ghostlands. That entire area is still inaccessable.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    No fun allowed! I got annoyed when they made it so you couldn't use the deepstone oil while you were moving... You could make some pretty cool and funny poses, and It didn't affect the game in any way, so it was just a buzzkill move

I am always on the look out for these. I think it is a fun way to get to know more about a game I have loved for almost 8 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    You can't really add new secrets to a game that is datamined to death each minor patch/hotfix.

Walljumping could also be used in BGs and raids, and most people weren't so happy about that.

And events are tricky, many people remember the pre-WotLK event as the worst experience they've ever have in WoW, others demand one of those every month.

So, sorry to disappoint you, but the lack of mystery is not completely Blizzard's fault, but the huge community that has transformed a fantasy world into a bunch of strats, numbers and rankings.
    So very very true. The only time this game had real mystery was before people started playing it.
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

Quote Originally Posted by JhanZ View Post
    This game just needs to move on from Pandaria. I've had enough calm, peace, and serenity crap for about a good 30 years. I don't ever want to hear "Slow down" again.

Bring on the Burning Legion expac, people are really bored if they're asking for glitches of all things...
    Do you even raid? Have you even touched your Shieldwall or Dominance dailies yet?

Rhetorical question. With that opinion, we know you haven't.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurioxan View Post
    yeah the truth is the game become too predictable, all the mystique is gone.
    All the fun things were removed (green scale armor, death ray, MC cap), exploration, taking time to get to places and so forth.

Say what you want, but i LOVED downranking, you could tell straight away a good mage from a bad mage if they used rank 1s or not. using rank 1 frostbolt (1sec cast) to slow down, or a rank 1 fireball to dot a rogue/druid, rank 1 blizz to break stealth and so forth.

i dont know, it is odd.
    The more they give the more they take, and the more we have to have Fun(tm) instead of fun.

Edit: this is obviously my point of view, my own truths, I am sure quite a lot of people hated how it was back then and much prefer the safety and predictability it has now.
    Personally, i dont, i like the 3 ex's, experiment, explore, exploit (dont mean hacks, exploiting how far you can take something)
    Cut off abit

But can agree with most if not all of it. Blizzard has become, or possibly allways been "do it our way, or no way" even if its due to their programming. Yes, exploits obviously shouldn´t be there, but alot of the fun stuff they removed are just stupid - one fast example would be the size of alot of creatures / quest mobs in the world (the spider in hinterlands as one). Or to an extend having to get specific items to summon bosses (mallet for zf fx.).

You basicly don´t have to go that extra length anymore to get something special, and in mop you get overwhelmed by "fun" rewards.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Deleted
    itll never happen though because of idiots whining about it, like with the zombie events and the world bosses in the cities, they were fun as hell it was such a welcome random event to be a part of and then the qqers had to ruin it by whining so much about being killed during said events that blizz removed any possibility of them in the future.

Ive often thought exactly along the lines of the op, the game is to sanatised these days, we want chaos! we want random stuff happening we want players to find inventive ways to bring randomness to the game. but no....thanks to the qqers anything out of the ordinary is pretty much nerfed the moment it is found to be achievable

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Remember the zombie event, or the blood god hakkar event, when entire cities would be wiped out and spread chaos around. In seeing doom lord kazzak stood at the gates of major cities killing players and having huge raid groups fighting him.
    Well that was Lord Kruul, a scripted Pre-TBC event. Or if we're talking the real deal, it was just Lord Kazzak, before he became a Doom Lord.

But yeah, all this being lost I blame on Flying Mounts, it was just something different running around on your ground mount, and while it's cool being able to ride a dragon it just takes away from the adventure part of the game.

Wow is so streamlined now, to the point of boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish that they didn't get rid of kiting that night elf that could instant kill anyone to Org. Was so fun.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The zombie event was the most fun I've ever had playing this game.

Give players the tools to create dynamic events and it will happen. We need more content driven by players instead of AI.

Deleted
    Seeing the Gold Shire thing, and the Quel'thalas, it reminds me when I used to go hang out in the "Ironforge Airport" pre Cata.

Was a nice place to randomly go too I found. COuld access via jumping up a certain part of a hill in Loch Modan.. was fun times..

10+ Year Old Account
    I got under the Gate of the Setting Sun. I don't remember how and didn't take any screenshots. It was basically a giant pit in the ground like when you could get under Orgrimmar.

Remember that Karazhan exploit lol, that stupid straight to prince wall jumps
    "Blizzard is not incompetent or stupid and they are not intentionally screwing you over"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post

Give players the tools to create dynamic events and it will happen. We need more content driven by players instead of AI.
    Except people complain about "dynamic events" other players cause, because 9/10 it involved griefing other players
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Relis View Post
    Seeing the Gold Shire thing, and the Quel'thalas, it reminds me when I used to go hang out in the "Ironforge Airport" pre Cata.

Was a nice place to randomly go too I found. COuld access via jumping up a certain part of a hill in Loch Modan.. was fun times..
    I used to hang out in Old Quel'Thalas's dock if I needed to find a place to escape to (by the time I found it, BC was well underway and most people did their thinking on floating islets in Halaa or HFP). I was bummed out when I noticed they blocked off Old Quel'Thalas' access paths (most notably, by water walking or swimming along the mountains from Scarlet Monastery) in Cataclysm.

---------- Post added 2012-12-28 at 06:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Except people complain about "dynamic events" other players cause, because 9/10 it involved griefing other players
    Case in point, the zombie invasion event. I ended up not playing for the entirety of that event even after my warrior had obtained half of the Judgement recolor offered during the event, because I got sick of playing by PvP server rules on a server not marked PvP, never mind the poor implementation that would get you killed with a repair bill if you defended yourself in Shattrath.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!