Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    PoE is fantastic. The atmosphere and difficulty is perfect for a game like that and the currency system in that game is equally terrific. It starts slow and unimpressive but it builds and eventually the spell effects and combat become a lot more flamboyant. D3 looks great but that is where it ends. The currency is uninspired and starting a character and hitting up the ah to gear up is just not fun. In PoE I actually find upgrades and if I get an item with good base stats I can scrub it and use an orb to make it rare use another item to give it sockets another to link them and another to change the rare stats. Sure I might end up with a fail item but it sure is fun chancing it. In D3 it's ah or nothin.

Another thing is that the community in PoE is really great with plenty of chat and trading. In Diablo you never see global chat and there is no trading because what's the point when there is an ah. D3 is just a cold soulless game imo.

Deleted
    Im a massive Blizzard fan (bought almost every game so far on launch day/still play WoW etc etc) but I must admit this game has been a complete shambles from day 1. It's took them almost 8 months to give us that crappy update which is basically one long excuse written in blue text, another annoying thing is the blog has been expected for weeks they could have done the decent thing and made these announcements before people decided to buy this game over the christmas holidays.

I'm gonna call and see if I can get a refund for D3. Not joking.

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    I'm gonna call and see if I can get a refund for D3. Not joking.
    Good luck getting a refund on something you purchased six months ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    Good luck getting a refund on something you purchased six months ago.
    Depends how well you can push 'false advertising'. I know some people got D3 just because of the PvP.
    RETH

I think people would be less mad if they also introduced the option for hostile mode, OPTION. The way public games are made now should be a LFG system, NOT the ONLY system. Creating games with names should be one. As I've written before there should be a story mode and an "exploration" mode, like in GW2, so you don't have to do all the lame quests every game, or be unable to jump between acts through waypoints.

And I should also add I think they did an awful job with atmosphere. D1 and early D2 had good atmosphere imo, maybe everything being super dark isn't the solution but isn't their job coming up with a solution just as good but modern!?

I even thought the early games' atmospheres were rather scary when I was younger so maybe they could take inspiration from horror games or are they afraid of scaring away the children/casuals who'll just leave after finishing the game in normal anyway?
    Also they could have added offline play mode, without helping piracy too much, by forcing the player to register/log in online once at least.

Finally, I think a DotA-like arena would fit D3 VERY well!
    Last edited by Baracuda; 2012-12-29 at 12:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Depends how well you can push 'false advertising'. I know some people got D3 just because of the PvP.
    I did. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    Im a massive Blizzard fan (bought almost every game so far on launch day/still play WoW etc etc) but I must admit this game has been a complete shambles from day 1. It's took them almost 8 months to give us that crappy update which is basically one long excuse written in blue text, another annoying thing is the blog has been expected for weeks they could have done the decent thing and made these announcements before people decided to buy this game over the christmas holidays.
    It's par for the course. Item nerfs only days after RMAH goes up and now no pvp till god knows when. Clearly the game was released unfinished and they refuse to own up to that. I bet my bottom dollar pvp is delayed because of the feedback from the pve portion of the game required them to do so much. Theirs a quote somewhere I can't find it but I remember reading Jay Wilson saying it would be a disaster if pvp wwasn't out before 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    I don't think they advertised PvP with the release of the game. Even if they did, pushing "false advertisement" would be a big stretch, because Blizzard never really words statements like that. They always use things like "we currently have plans to do this" instead of "we will do this". And on top of all this, he's owned the game for at least six months. Buying a game, playing it for six months and then demanding a refund? Yeaaahhh, no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

it took blizzard 10 years to put this game out only to let down an entire community of people.... what the hell were the D3 dev team doing for all those years? playing nerf football behind closed office doors! it was a subpar game to begin with and now after waiting so long for any news on pvp they scrapped what they have only to start from nothing.....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    I did. We'll see.
    It's not false advertising though. They never said there won't be any PvP, it just got delayed because they weren't satisfied with it. And they never gave any deadlines either.

I can totally understand how frustrating it must be to find out that the very feature you were anticipating the most has been postponed, and that it might not even be released in the same format as was previewed earlier
    I just had to quote that. I mean... that sentence, from Vaneras blue post, is just mind blowing.
    So we (players) liked an idea, liked how it sounded, some played it and just loved it (blizzcon). And now they just scrap it and say "We (blizzard) didnt like it so[blablabla]".
    Hey!!! Flash news! You should create stuff players wants and asked for years instead of doing things that nobody asked for!!! Its not because you tested and didnt like it that its bad...

Sorry, im so not clear, im just so frustrated right now, cant think straight >_>
    The one thing people wanted.....

They should get D2's team back in and make a new D3 version... oh wait... :')

Edit : Here's what i think will happen :
    Patch 1.0.7 launch, people have some sort of duel style pvp. We'll play with it for about 6 months, then 1.1 so called "true" pvp will happen. Blizzard will remove the 1.0.7 pvp form, nobody will like the 1.1 pvp style. Blizzard will bring back the 1.0.7 style pvp in a 1.1a patch.

---------- Post added 2012-12-29 at 02:09 AM ----------

@ TonyIommy
    http://www.ausgamers.com/features/read/3205698

AusGamers: Well, I mean delay in the videogame journalism world is an ugly word, and no publisher ever wants to come out and say “game delayed”, so I think you guys kind of nailed the sense of “when it’s done it’s done”, just from a PR perspective in regards to that. But to touch back on that question before. Do you have any concept of time that you could even throw at us? Like a year; six months?

Jay: Oh for the PvP patch? For the PvP patch, we definitely... I would say, we want to get it out within months after release. I would say, if it showed up close to the end of the year, that would be... I would say, almost a disaster. So I don’t see it slipping out of this year at all, and I think it’ll be much sooner.

Is that what you were thinking about?
    Last edited by Knaar; 2012-12-29 at 02:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    At this point D2 can't be surpassed.
    It never could. I wasn't the only person who called D3 being a failure before it ever launched. Blizzard tried to take a series made by a different group of people and do their own thing with it to prove that they could do it better. They should've made a sequel, which is what everyone wanted. They made Sheablo 1 instead of Diablo 3, the game has very little in common with D1/2.

Almost all the systems they've added in since launch that people love were already in D2 to begin with. Systems they left out on purpose because they thought they could do better. Now they're saying they won't add in D2 style PvP because they can do better. See where this is going? It's their attitude that needs fixing, they need to suck it up and admit that North was a better team for this style of game than they are and they need to copy D2 more if they want D3 to last ten years.

Paragon, monster power, moderate/predictable legendary drops, these were all in D2 and have ended up being what keeps D3 breathing. It's time for Jayjay to get on his knees and beg Brevik for ideas.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2012-12-29 at 05:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Paragon, monster power, moderate/predictable legendary drops, these were all in D2 and have ended up being what keeps D3 breathing. It's time for Jayjay to get on his knees and beg Brevik for ideas.

It's nice to want things. Lest we forget fuck that loser anytime soon. A part of me feels bad for jay and the d3 team. The game has moved from one nightmare to another in terms of both game development and PR. Fuck that loser and the apology blog, the host of memes generated by the cms and even the devs odd turns of phrases ("Aren't you thankful" being my personal favorite and quote in my sig) and now we come to this. Is their anybody now who doubts the game was rushed to release?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    It's not false advertising though. They never said there won't be any PvP, it just got delayed because they weren't satisfied with it. And they never gave any deadlines either.
    I'm usually not into the "f**k you blizz i want my money back/ I quit!1!!" thing, but this time they have a point, TD was clearly advertised as a part of the game, agreed they never explicitly said it was going to be part of the release box, but now that it's been officially scrapped you can argue you didn't get what you payed for.

Anyway IMO the damage is done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    It never could. I wasn't the only person who called D3 being a failure before it ever launched. Blizzard tried to take a series made by a different group of people and do their own thing with it to prove that they could do it better. They should've made a sequel, which is what everyone wanted. They made Sheablo 1 instead of Diablo 3, the game has very little in common with D1/2.

Almost all the systems they've added in since launch that people love were already in D2 to begin with. Systems they left out on purpose because they thought they could do better. Now they're saying they won't add in D2 style PvP because they can do better. See where this is going? It's their attitude that needs fixing, they need to suck it up and admit that North was a better team for this style of game than they are and they need to copy D2 more if they want D3 to last ten years.

Why am I reminded of Ion Storm here?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Doesn't matter at the end of the day, the damage is done already if your customers feels both cheated and entitled to a refund, any defense at that point is pointless, no matter the semantics.

That's the good thing with having no real competition on the market. Most of the customers that feel oh so cheated will buy the next iteration without thinking twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    Doesn't matter at the end of the day, the damage is done already if your customers feels both cheated and entitled to a refund, any defense at that point is pointless, no matter the semantics.
    I just wonder how much it actually matters in the long run. Blizz has previously pulled announced features from games and they've also canceled an announced game. Arguably you could say it hasn't hurt them up to this point.

This brings up a bigger question. Do people in this day and age have what it takes to actually boycott a company they have issues with? I remember before my grandfather died he had a blacklist of companies and places that he refused to trade with. Close to the end he had very few places he would do business with in his own town. When he said he wouldn't deal with a company anymore it was serious and he went through with it. These days it just seems like people don't have the willpower to do this, even when there are more options than ever for almost everything. My gut tells me that when Blizzard announces Titan people who have felt they were done wrong in the past will flock out to buy pre-orders. In a sense it feels like Blizzard, and other companies as well, can do almost anything and not have to fear consumer backlash. A good browbeating doesn't mean anything when customers are still willing to fork over cash for future products.

Back OT: PvP was never a big draw for me with game, but it really sucks for the people who were looking forward to it. It also continues a trend of Blizzard removing announced features. How can anyone trust them to deliver on what they say anymore?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinoashi View Post
    He doesn't need a source to know that he pretty much hit the nail on the head.
    “What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.” - Christopher Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by Whitepepper View Post
    I just wonder how much it actually matters in the long run. Blizz has previously pulled announced features from games and they've also canceled an announced game. Arguably you could say it hasn't hurt them up to this point.

This brings up a bigger question. Do people in this day and age have what it takes to actually boycott a company they have issues with? I remember before my grandfather died he had a blacklist of companies and places that he refused to trade with. Close to the end he had very few places he would do business with in his own town. When he said he wouldn't deal with a company anymore it was serious and he went through with it. These days it just seems like people don't have the willpower to do this, even when there are more options than ever for almost everything. My gut tells me that when Blizzard announces Titan people who have felt they were done wrong in the past will flock out to buy pre-orders. In a sense it feels like Blizzard, and other companies as well, can do almost anything and not have to fear consumer backlash. A good browbeating doesn't mean anything when customers are still willing to fork over cash for future products.

Back OT: PvP was never a big draw for me with game, but it really sucks for the people who were looking forward to it. It also continues a trend of Blizzard removing announced features. How can anyone trust them to deliver on what they say anymore?
    Titan will be f2p and that's about the only way people will flock to it. Anemic sales of Mists of Pandaria suggest that people can and will boycot products they don't likee.

---------- Post added 2012-12-29 at 07:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by abijax View Post
    That's the good thing with having no real competition on the market. Most of the customers that feel oh so cheated will buy the next iteration without thinking twice.
    Lot's of competition on the market. Tl2 and PoE are but two examples. Lineage is on it's way as well.