Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Any thoughts to go and retry Halion? I killed it 10m normal last night, took a few tries once i figured out the strat and pretty easy after learning. Will give heroic a try next week.
    "Hunters view nature as a force with which to ally. They spend much of their time with an animal companion. The bond that forms between the two is rather strong. To attack either is to bring down the wrath of both. With powerful attacks in melee and at range, and a friend willing to put its life on the line at your command, the Hunter makes a potent addition to any group."

10+ Year Old Account
    Congratulations on the kill!

Thanks everyone for the very nice posts <3

Quote Originally Posted by danko215 View Post
    Any thoughts to go and retry Halion? I killed it 10m normal last night, took a few tries once i figured out the strat and pretty easy after learning. Will give heroic a try next week.
    Someone did it on 10 man heroic a while back, I haven't thought much of trying him again, but I probably will eventually. When I tried Halion in Cataclysm he would not keep getting the debuff that increased his damage done and taken, but would go back to normal after a while :/

Very impressive indeed, I watched the whole thing. Such epic ingame audio as well!

Only thing I am wondering is how do you get your pet to instantly run to it's edge position every time you come out of the spirits room, or it dies. It's like running straight there the millisecond it gets ressed, I watched this over and over and can't see any targeting circle for Move-To. If my pet dies in a set position, and I ress it, I will just spawn by my side.

Deleted
    This is very very very, very impressive, something that I my self would never have the patient to do. Big congrats for this feat.

Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    I can't find the DK guide for doing this, anyone know where it is?
    It's basically just tank and spank boss, don't die and if you got enough dps you will kill it before he kills you during enrage.

Thanks once again for the supportive comments .

Quote Originally Posted by Khez View Post
    Very impressive indeed, I watched the whole thing. Such epic ingame audio as well!

Only thing I am wondering is how do you get your pet to instantly run to it's edge position every time you come out of the spirits room, or it dies. It's like running straight there the millisecond it gets ressed, I watched this over and over and can't see any targeting circle for Move-To. If my pet dies in a set position, and I ress it, I will just spawn by my side.
    I just press it instantly. Ctrl+3 and mouseclick as fast as I can, because it needs to go fast :P

Deleted
    what a nerd

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-12-27 at 02:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caribald View Post
    Thanks once again for the supportive comments .

I just press it instantly. Ctrl+3 and mouseclick as fast as I can, because it needs to go fast :P
    I always knew you were a clicker!

On a slightly unrelated note, do you solo the rest of ICC? Is Gunship doable, or do you need help to get to the end of ICC?

I cant imagine bothering clearing the whole thing just for a chance on the mount :X

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    I always knew you were a clicker!

On a slightly unrelated note, do you solo the rest of ICC? Is Gunship doable, or do you need help to get to the end of ICC?

I cant imagine bothering clearing the whole thing just for a chance on the mount :X
    You can clear 10m normal, and switch it to 25 hc when you get to LK. You can also save an alt to make sure you got a lockout each week for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    You can clear 10m normal, and switch it to 25 hc when you get to LK. You can also save an alt to make sure you got a lockout each week for it.
    I thought you had to do it all on heroic.

I dont read patch notes. Perhaps I should do this.

Yep, back in Cata I used to have a 6/12 save on my mage in order to skip bosses which were impossible then.

I can clear everything in ICC by myself now btw, and I only need to swap to 10 man on 2 bosses (Blood-Queen Lana'thel and Valithria Dreamwalker). I do have Invincible, so I would not farm LK for it Anyway, list of highest difficulty I've done each boss on:

25 heroic: Marrowgar, Deathwhisper, Rotface, Festergut, Blood Princes, Sindragosa, The Lich King
    25 normal: Gunship, Deathbringer Saurfang, Professor Putricide
    10 normal: Blood-Queen Lana'thel, Valithria Dreamwalker

I could probably do both BQL and Valithria on 10 heroic, but it isn't possible to swap to 10 heroic after killing bosses on 25 heroic, and vice versa. You can only swap to the other raid size on normal mode.

Was that your reaction at the end? Lol amazing, really good job man.

How much gear do you recommend we have before trying this? And are the engineer profession perks something that help enough to not be able to kill it without the prof?

Quote Originally Posted by Icycoldd View Post
    Was that your reaction at the end? Lol amazing, really good job man.

How much gear do you recommend we have before trying this? And are the engineer profession perks something that help enough to not be able to kill it without the prof?
    Yeah that was my reaction I think I've only reacted that much before when I got my solo Algalon kill in Cataclysm. Thanks ^^

Engineering isn't needed at all, but it can help a lot to save an attempt if something goes wrong (like when I use nitro boosts in phase 1 in the video to get behind the pillar in time to LoS Infest). Gear is basically however much you need to get the 4 Raging Spirits from the second phase transition down before The Lich King enrages. I had 502.2 ilvl with 510 weapon and 4set bonus. It could probably be done with a few ilvls lower though, but it takes a LOT of practice and perfecting the strategy and maximizing dps. If you need to be able to kill those Raging Spirits in time "easily" without spending 100+ attempts you probably need even better gear than I had - if you are prepared to do whatever it takes it could probably be done with ilvl 500 or slightly less - it also depends on weapon/trinket ilvls and set bonuses. It seems 4set helps a LOT as BM. BM is mandatory anyway for Spirit Mend from the Spirit Beast (otherwise you won't outheal the Necrotic Plague)

Deleted
    very impressive, nice vid - a ill long but entertaining to say the least.

Deleted
    Very nice. I was considering trying this but have not got round to it yet, and I didn't know it was possible so it's nice to see it is.. Even if it is a challenge.
    Your ilvl in video description isn't *much* higher than mine is, 497 iirc on me so I'll maybe give it a try soon..

Again, good job!

Nice, swear I saw you run trough some traps in P1 tho.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    Nice, swear I saw you run trough some traps in P1 tho.
    You can run through some and disengage back. Not sure if that's what they did.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

I stood in the first one just to get rid of it. At that point there hasn't been any Necrotic Plagues yet, so Spirit Bond will heal you up to 100% before that happens. At one point I Nitro Boosts to get behind the pillar in time (bad position when he started casting Infest), and I think I hit some of the traps there. You can touch them for a short duration without them blowing up though. You can even sometimes step into them and out, at least with aspect on, and explode them without getting hit. Traps are basically the least of your problems in phase 1

Deleted
    I have little question, how did you managed to remove plague from you? I thought you need to dispel it? Or am i mistaken?
    And is it true that you dont need 11/12 HC save to pull LK HC? I thought u need to kill Sindragosa, PP, Saurfang and BQ on HC.