Page 1 of 3
LastLast

GTX 560 Ti SLI or GTX 680?

Currently I have 2x http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130623 and in case you dont want to click on the link they are 1GB EVGA 560 Ti's.

I am currently thinking about selling both those cards and going for http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130768 (2GB EVGA 680)

One of my 560 Ti's isnt even opened yet and the other one is only about 6 months old so I think I can probably get about 300-350 for them, conservatively.

Would it be worth it to sell my 560's and buy the 680 listed?

Always, if possible, get the single better card. Will save you hundreds of dollars on paracetamol and aspirin from not getting headaches as a result of the SLI or Crossfire not working properly (or at all).

A 680 will cost you 200 dollars on top of the 300 you expect for the 560tis (you won't get that much, of that I am sure), maybe set your sights a little lower, the 670 is much better value for money.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Always, if possible, get the single better card. Will save you hundreds of dollars on paracetamol and aspirin from not getting headaches as a result of the SLI or Crossfire not working properly (or at all).

A 680 will cost you 200 dollars on top of the 300 you expect for the 560tis (you won't get that much, of that I am sure), maybe set your sights a little lower, the 670 is much better value for money.
    The 680 I linked is on sale atm for $400, which is why I am in the pickle :P since $400 is a really good price

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think I'd still prefer an MSI PE GTX 670 or Gigabyte WindForce x3 GTX 670 over a reference 680.

Better cooling, better overclocking/volting, the Gigabyte one at least is a 670 chip on a 680 PCB, better power phase design... etc etc.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    sell em first and check for a more aftermarket model. (a good 670 is almost a 680 when talking small OC + good cooling)

Deleted
    definately go for a 680 or - if money is of concern - a 670 ...
    the 680 in general is a monster which will max out about all of your games ...
    the 670 is a bit cheaper but still a great card !

i'm getting myself a 680 now with the money from christmas

I just got a 680...the only ghame that gives it any bit of slow down is nothing...its quite amazing actually....dropped my 6970 for it...now i just need to try and find someone willing to buy my old card =/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by valliant13 View Post
    I just got a 680...the only ghame that gives it any bit of slow down is nothing...its quite amazing actually....dropped my 6970 for it...now i just need to try and find someone willing to buy my old card =/
    lets just see what happens when metro last light gets released shall we? (and it is about time for another graphical jewel in pc land imo)
    however sell old cards first else you suddenly have 3 gpu's of which you don't use 2 but their value only drops over time.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814125423

That card you can overclock to run better than the gtx 680, for 20 $ less.

Edit: You already bought it, oh well

Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    lets just see what happens when metro last light gets released shall we? (and it is about time for another graphical jewel in pc land imo)
    however sell old cards first else you suddenly have 3 gpu's of which you don't use 2 but their value only drops over time.

Yea tell me about it when it comes to the gpus...i still have a 5770 I want to sell...LOL..Also I can't wait for metro last light..I need to play metro 2033 again...and it will probably kick the shit out of my pc haha.. then 680s will "hopefully" be 350ish and ill just buy another!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    I heard the only reason Metro gives most people trouble is because it's so badly optimized and things like advanced depth of field kill frame rates for no particular reason. So if they actually try to make last light "work properly" it shouldn't be much of a problem for most PCs to run? From watching people play it on max the graphics really aren't that great and don't warrant the horrible fps issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Toffie View Post
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814125423

That card you can overclock to run better than the gtx 680, for 20 $ less.

Edit: You already bought it, oh well

Everyone I know who got a x70 card from nvidia has had issues with it. And I also read on toms hardware people having some forms of issues with x70 cards from nvidia. It's the reason I went with the 680 instead of a 670.

10+ Year Old Account
    A gtx 680 will not max all games at constant 60 fps Crysis 3, Metro Last Light, Witcher 2, Batman Arkham City. Probaly forgot some, but games are so demanding now it's hard to run the newest demanding games at 1920x1080 with constant 60 fps with dipping low when heavy action is stressing the card out.

A gtx 680 will not max all games at constant 60 fps Crysis 3, Metro Last Light, Witcher 2, Batman Arkham City. Probaly forgot some, but games are so demanding now it's hard to run the newest demanding games at 1920x1080 with constant 60 fps with dipping low when heavy action is stressing the card out.
    No single gpu card can keep a steady 60 frames on new games period.
    the 680 is just a beast and for the most part keeps a steady 60fps with very few and rare dips below. And i've played witcher 2 and batman on this card...or at least a little bit of each and there's been no problems mostly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone I know who got a x70 card from nvidia has had issues with it. And I also read on toms hardware people having some forms of issues with x70 cards from nvidia. It's the reason I went with the 680 instead of a 670.
    I haven't seen any reviews mention this? Either way, you got the strongest single card on the market right now, enjoy it

I haven't seen any reviews mention this? Either way, you got the strongest single card on the market right now, enjoy it
    Oh I will! I just need to stop playing wow so much that I dont take advantage of my computer =/.

10+ Year Old Account
    It will max Witcher 2, I run @ 60fps with vsync on all the time, I do have Ubersampling off but it is REALLY taxing and doesn't make that much of a difference so I'd still call it max.

Deleted
    Yea tell me about it when it comes to the gpus...i still have a 5770 I want to sell...LOL..Also I can't wait for metro last light..I need to play metro 2033 again...and it will probably kick the shit out of my pc haha.. then 680s will "hopefully" be 350ish and ill just buy another!
    my 570 sold very easy back in july, it funded +- 1/3 of my new 670. (managed to sell it for about 70% of the new price which considering it had been used non stop for a year is a good deal)
    likely gonna do the same with my 670 when keplar shows his head

also yes metro had some flaws but the graphics were also very realistic combined with the atmosphere of the game. (light/dark aspect was creepy as hell and them textures were smooth ^^)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ineko View Post
    It will max Witcher 2, I run @ 60fps with vsync on all the time, I do have Ubersampling off but it is REALLY taxing and doesn't make that much of a difference so I'd still call it max.
    Watching this comparison with ubersamling on/off seems like there isn't much difference at all, bad coded if you ask me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cWh3B2rWmI