A few fury warrior questions

I've posted this on the WoW forums, and tankspot as well. Hoping to get feedback from all over. I figure you guys might provide me with the better answers.

So, I'm an arms guy when it comes to warrior DPS, but I'm pretty sure at my item level I COULD do better in fury. Hell, my DPS in arms is pretty consistent. An example I did 71.5K DPS on Gara'jal a little bit ago (no food, flask, or potion), and I get 71.9K DPS on SimulationCraft using the same variables (so yes, my arms seems good). My fury seems to be lacking and is very inconsistent, often behind my arms DPS by a good margin (I have the same weapon for off-hand if you look at my armory.. Darkroman, on server Anvilmar).

Though that all may be true, I'd like to get better at fury. My questions are a little in-depth.

1. Should I always open up with bloodthirst, and when bloodthirst and colossus smash come off CD at the same time, which is the higher priority?

2. Wild strikes.. when should I use them? (at what amount of rage should I choose to use it or not)? When should I take advantage of the bloodsurge procs for wild strike?

3. As I understand it if I read SimCraft's action priority list right; with heroic strikes, I should do them when I have colossus smash up and have over 40 rage, and if I also have deadly calm up with colossus smash, safe to do so at 30 rage? Otherwise if neither.. 110 rage. Does that sound right?

4. When should I use heroic throw, battle shout, or impending victory? What are the situations to use them?

5. What's the best time to pop berserker rage? Should I only pop it when it's off CD and I don't have a raging blow buff up? Should I also pop it when I have CS up and I already have 1 raging blow buff, or save it?

1 - Generally, yes. Bloodthirst is top priority as it is your main rage generator. Colossus Smash is your "burst starter", which you want rage pooled for.

2 - Wild Strikes...if Bloodsurge is up, use it during the pooling rage phase (whenever Colossus Smash is on CD) to prevent from capping rage. Can pretty much ignore otherwise, though in some cases you won't get a proc on RBlow or Bloodsurge and you might hit it w/o a Bloodsurge proc to prevent from capping rage, but it's rare. Is decent during burst phase with Bloodsurge if you can't get a RB to proc.

3 - Heroic Strike...just do them with your normal moves on Global CD (Raging Blow, Wild Strikes if no RB, etc) during a burst phase. You should have rage pooled for CS burst phase, and generally enough to use it with those moves...if you start a Colossus Smash burst phase with 40 rage only, you probably messed up somewhere.

4 - All should be used during the rage pooling phase, when your higher priority moves are on CD.

5 - Depends. Pop it when you need a RB during a burst phase but can't score a crit. I pop it if there is still over 10 seconds left on CS cooldown but that may not be ideal. It is basically your "stable" Enrage/RB activator (with Crit being somewhat RNG), so use it appropriately. Generally find that using it on CD works for the most part if you don't already have 2 RBs up, but if CS is coming off CD soon perhaps save it for that to guarantee a RB or two during the upcoming burst phase.

It's strange I get differing opinions on the priority of BS procced WS. Someone said to use it as top priority over anything else (CS included, and raging blow). You're saying ignore it unless it's during the pooling phase, and use it during burst phase if everything else is on CD. Simcraft... not even sure what it's suppose to say anymore.

In a CS, you're aiming for 1 BT, 3RBs and as many heroic strikes as possible. You shouldn't have to WS during a CS, not even procced ones. Of course when you're unlucky with crits then hit WS in that CS.

So I ran LFR MSV and did Gara'jal. With fury I did 4k more DPS (75.5k compared to 71.5k). That confirms my suspicion that fury scales much better with raid buffs at my current ilvl. Anyway for this trial run, what I did was basically have BS procs be a lower priority (only used it when everything else was on CD), EXCEPT when I had colossus smash up AND I was NOT enraged. If BT came off CD and I still had BS up, I used up my remaining WS, and then used BT (but only in that specific scenario.. colossus smash up, and no enrage, to reiterate, RB was still higher priority than either of them). Plus I WS when I had around 85-100 rage with no CS up. I only ever used HS if I had above 110 rage, or if I had both CS and enrage up, and then I spam the crap out of it, even if I didn't have RB up, I'd use WS with it, I usually gained enough rage back for the burst phase.

With no food, flasks, potions, and getting rid of heroic leap off of simcraft (which is what my circumstances were in LFR), I actually DPS'd 2k higher than simmed. Probably RNG, but still...

Quote Originally Posted by Darkroman View Post
    With no food, flasks, potions, and getting rid of heroic leap off of simcraft (which is what my circumstances were in LFR), I actually DPS'd 2k higher than simmed. Probably RNG, but still...
    SimCraft is not that good for warriors, especially for theoric dps.

well simcraft gives me 63k dps on dummie... which i exactly do. i dont think tis that bad,

Deleted
    Simcraft's pretty decent for warriors. Remember the average dps it predicts is precisely that, an average, of however many iterations you tell it to run, and some iterations will be above the average and some will be below, due to RNG. For fury the variance is fairly large due to the reliance on crit. If you were to sim something like a shadowpriest without proc talents, you'd see much lower variance from the average.

Also remember that the default simcraft priority does not include skull banner, though it does try to delay the middle recklessness to stack it with bloodbath etc.
    Last edited by mmocf8c85ab6c6; 2012-12-29 at 05:29 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkroman View Post
    This depends on itterations. You will always get an average out of the selected amount of itterations. Basicly I sim at 93.6k, with a minimum of 85.8k and a maximum of 108k dps. So even if Simcraft gives me 93.6k, theoreticly I can hit all the way up to 108k in a perfect situation and really good RNG.

To answer your questions

1. Your entire rotation is revolved around Bloodthirst, so don't delay it (ok, you will 'have' to delay it 0,5 sec if you use a bloodsurge proc before BT is coming of cooldown)
    2. I only try to use wildstrikes (x3) during a Bloodsurge proc. Otherwise I'd rather not use it. However, when CS is up and RB isnt available and bloodsurge doesnt proc, you 'can' use it... However, IF TG with Raging Wind Glyph, Whirlwind surpasses a non-bloodsurge Wildstrike. In a perfect world, you will be using only BT's and RB's when CS is up.
    3. I only use Heroic Strike when CS is up. Basicly, it's of the GCD, so if you have the rage to use it, use it during CS. Same goes for Heroic Leap (which SHOULD be used during CS phases). And yes, if you're only using HS during CS phases, use Deadly Calm during CS (just macro it to your HS and Cleave ability).
    4. Battle Shout, Impending Victory and Heroic Throw are 'fillers'. If BT, CS and RB are on CD and you have no bloodsurge proc, use BS, HT and IV as fillers.
    5. I guess the best time to use it, is if you go into a CS-phase and you're not enraged. Pop it to get enraged for more damage (and also get RB activated).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Senen View Post
    SimCraft is not that good for warriors, especially for theoric dps.
    It does show both an average, and range due to the RNG nature of warriors. It's not gospel, but unless I'm missing something it's pretty damn good.