Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Do it really have to be out in the world? Usually not something that interrested me much.
    Past couple of days i've farmed the npc rares for the brawlers invitation, for a friend.
    I enjoy events in the world, like the hidden wood in the mountains with the lightshow. But to be honest i don't know what else would get me to move more around in the world.
    Long conversations between npcs, instead of the boring 2-liners they repeat over and over, might make me interrested in finding them and listen to their talk about the world i walk <.<
    I find it more interresting than asking themself about it, for some reason
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    A lot of people whine about dailys - calling WoW a DailyCraft. But everytime I ask one of these people what else would they want to do out in the world - they have no idea.

I just wonder, what you guys would like to do in WoW besides of dailys. What would you like to see in the future patches that would make people do this everyday and enjoy it?
    I can't really think of anything I care about "out in the world". I would honestly rather sit in stormwind and queue for dungeons for charms than do dailies. I fucking hate dailies, boring excuse for drawn out content. Its stupid that there's a unique currency associated with them that helps raiding so much.

Now, some other ideas I had would be adding charms to rare mobs, challenge mode dungeons, and optional mini bosses in raids. There's probably other good places to add charms that I haven't thought about, but one thing is for sure - forcing dailies by giving them a unique currency is absolutely stupid, and in my opinion Blizzard's biggest mistake of the expansion.

Deleted
    When I played I would have preferred world pvp. I gave up hope on blizzard over a year ago and wont return to the game. Many people trusted blizzard in their statement that mist of pandaria would bring back epic world pvp and I think I got bashed for not trusting them... did those naive people get it right and can now rub it in my face or is it in fact same old none existant world pvp?

LOTS more rare mobs (but not on huge timer like galleon) i love soloing 'em on all different classes.

i'm having fun hunting the "is another man's treasure" items (have 20 / 28) more of thoe would be nice.

Maybe a "daily heroic" dungeon instead of only challenge mode...but you must go to the instance, and not using LFD (rewards 80 / 40 valor)

Quote Originally Posted by JhanZ View Post
    Want people to go out in the world? Remove LFD. Remove LFR. Remove summons. Remove Flying Mounts.

Lots of people out in the world.

Reality? Never happening. So yeah, the incredibly boring dailies are the 'solution'.
    You forgot to mention flightmasters.

Your conception of "being out in the world" consists of grudgingly riding your ground mount to some location. Sounds maddeningly fun, dude.

You should really consider getting into the business of making games.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    When I played I would have preferred world pvp. I gave up hope on blizzard over a year ago and wont return to the game. Many people trusted blizzard in their statement that mist of pandaria would bring back epic world pvp and I think I got bashed for not trusting them... did those naive people get it right and can now rub it in my face or is it in fact same old none existant world pvp?
    Only way getting world pvp back, is removing flying mounts from game. Which i dont see coming ever.

---------- Post added 2012-12-29 at 12:54 PM ----------

Would it be awesome to have system that easily allows ppl to queue up to raid capital cities? that could happen once in day? kinda like tol barad.

People pissed me off, they moaned they wanted more dailies again like wrath, it was given, they moan they actually have to do them,

theres a few things that pop to my mind to do,

A new type of world pvp to take over outposts in random areas, like we had in tbc with terrokar, hellfire zangermarsh and nagrand (who didnt like halaa really?) Ignoring the fact they could let people collect items like around halaa, to get rewards, weather its raiding items or mounts, we could get a buff to gain 10% increased vp in some zones, this would mean less people would do as much dailies, lowering complaints,

Sceanrio like events in the world that go off at a certain time, pvp based and faction based against npcs, for example, one could be in Burning stepps, you have to interrupt a ritual to prevent something, then kill the head of the cult, PvE ones could be level based for different zone, some good ones for 90s here and there, but some low level ones, e.g. 30-35, but the mob would either be phased for higher level players or un attack-able. Rewards for low levels could be increased exp rate for x amount of time, while max level would be gold and a random satchel maybe

Buffing the Sha of Anger, and making it a longer friken respawn timer, when world boss's were re introduced blizzard said they wanted competition for it, as it stands now, it respawns in less than 10 minutes, and dies in less than two, getting a group to kill it, is a pain in the arse Thursday onwards,

Random NPC attacks on outter towns at random times, calling players to defend,

More competitions based events like fishing, Collect x Amount of herbs of Y type from Z section, or skinners kill, skin get plump intestines to find an Item to hand in to win,

Random Treasure hunt, get clues, get to the end get the reward, could be faction tapped, or individual idk.

There just a couple ideas off the top of my head, normally they couldn't work but since CRZ was introduced it would have a better chance
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by Treghell View Post
    Only way getting world pvp back, is removing flying mounts from game. Which i dont see coming ever.

Would it be awesome to have system that easily allows ppl to queue up to raid capital cities? that could happen once in day? kinda like tol barad.
    Off the top of my head, they could change the weather system ingame, random times making flying mounts unusable across x amount of zones,

but the thing is, they can do loads to get people doing stuff, but the problem is, people will bitch and complain theres not enough effort being put into raid content,

Haters gonna hate

10+ Year Old Account
    World PvP, ganking and so on.
    I want to grief other players assert my dominance over them and make their day into a bad one.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    So, yes..if you absolutely totally loath dailies, resent LFRaid, have no inclination to buy crafted gear and refuse to do Sha - then your only option is to enter normal raids in heroic 5-man gear, just as the difficulty of the normal raids is intended. But you will - I give you that - most likely progress slower.
    Sorry but anyone with this attitude shouldn't bother playing a mmo game, srs, your bascially saying

You can't be arsed spending a few hours doing dailies (fair enough I don't do them myself)
    Cant be arsed with LFR
    To cheap to buy any gear to boost your ilvl
    And refuse to do one of the quicker, simplest boss's ingame that will give you a guaranteed ilvl boost on the first kill, and a chance of loot on other kills

Then you bitch and moan that 5 mans take to long to gear? FYI my alt priest is my best geared, she doesn't do dailies, but I did gear her through 1 night solid in 5 mans, got into MSV, left her at that, went back to her 2 weeks ago, geared her for two nights straight in 5 mans and scenarios to get vp and random loot, on the third night I got the 470 ilvl I needed, and did all the way up to terrace, total times was about 4-5 nights spread across 4-5 weeks taking it casually, doing it properly and spending the weekends doing it and my days off, I could of done it in a week easy, it doesn't take long to gear

Haters gonna hate

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of people whine about dailys - calling WoW a DailyCraft. But everytime I ask one of these people what else would they want to do out in the world - they have no idea.
    Of course they have no idea, they just want to whine. If you add dailies, they whine about having to do dailies, but remove dailies, and they will whine about the game being a lobby to LFD/BG/LFR and having to afk in Orgrimmar all day (see Cataclysm).

I just wonder, what you guys would like to do in WoW besides of dailys. What would you like to see in the future patches that would make people do this everyday and enjoy it?
    What I would prefer would to add weekly quests that take some time to complete. Those would probably involve gathering items (not necessarily mats) from all over the continent and crafting stuff, as well as some 5-man quest drops. As a result, you would get rep roughly equivalent to 5 days of dailies. That would take people out in the world to do something else than dailies.

Alas, it seems that Blizzard is reluctant to add profession-based quests in game (except the mini-quests in DMF), which is understandable because a lot of new players don't bother with professions.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    Dailies themselves as a concept I dont have a problem with. I had no issue doing Netherwing dailies just for the mount, or the daily in ungoro for the venomhide raptor.

My issue this tier is you get so little rep for each one, that you have to spend a month if not more of solid dailies to get exalted.

What happened to 250 rep per daily, like it was in TBC/wrath?

Netherwing takes 2 weeks at the most to exalt, and that is with only doing the dailies, no races, no turning in eggs, no additional quests to make RP ray guns, booterangs or killing elites for quest drops, just 14 days of dailies. You also have a bunch of other ways to suppliment rep gains with them.

1000 rep a day, if that (not including any bonuses via guild, racial etc,) is pretty lame. And why was Klaxxi the only one I could hit honored with via questing/leveling? After doing both Kunlai and Townlong, plus Shado Pan Monastery and also Sha of Anger on my main I still wasnt honored with Shado Pan. And you cant even do their dailies till you get golden lotus to revered. And you cant do golden lotus dailies until you are level 90.

I dont mind dailies if they are can be done quickly and you get rep at a decent pace. Dominance Offensive is a god send compared to the Golden Lotus.

I did like the story progressional quests from golden lotus at each reputation level, but the amount of time it takes between each one sucked.

If you dont like doing dailies, what else is there to do in the world?
    -Pet Battles? Some people like them, some don't just like dailies.
    -World Bosses? Might as well be World boss, some factions dont ever get to see Galleon.
    -Rare Spawns? These guys can be quite tough in lower level gear, or problematic if you class cant deal easier with the mobs mechanics (hunter + panda rare spawn doesnt mesh well)
    -Rare treasures? the 409-450 BOA gear is pretty sweet for your alts, if you can find them. And the other set that give you vendor loot, well the 400k EXP doesnt do much good to a max level toon but is still easy nerd points, i mean achievement points.

I wouldnt mind a few more things to do in the world.
    Why does the Horde/alliance story line stop in Kun Lai after the initial set up a base quest chain? As underwhelming as they were, I wouldnt have minded a simple PVP objective in Kun Lai such as the towers in EPL/Hellfire/Zangarmarsh/Terrokar forest here, some sort of capture this marker for a zone wide buff (damage/EXP/whatever), the EXP you got for doing the associated capture quest while leveling in those zones was pretty sweet.

Hell even the Silithus "collect x amount of this stuff" would suffice. Collect X amount of Mogu relics from Mogujia and return them to your faction's town or something.
    I agree with a lot of what you said. However, I do want to point out that due to hunter pets ignoring the majority of boss mechanics, hunters make one of the best solo classes in the game. Try speccing BM while MDing and healing your pet.

RE: the reputation grind, I don't see why tabards with limit of rep gained daily shouldn't be introduced

Quote Originally Posted by Treghell View Post

I don't think world PVP is ever coming back, players are just not used to it.
    The 5.1 dailies prove it, small minority would ever engage in combat with everyone just happy to do their quests and be done with it

10+ Year Old Account
    Give shell a 9999 yard range and a 10 sec cd.
    They could also increase the cast time of mounting flying mounts to 10 seconds, while regular mounts stay as they are.
    World pvp fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    They're not. 463 ilvl is all you need to get into normal MSV and start progression.
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    QFT.
    They're only "not required" in the sense that gems, enchants, food, and flasks are not required. Sure, you can do the content without any of that, but if you do you're a shithead and holding back your group.

---------- Post added 2012-12-29 at 01:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Of course they have no idea, they just want to whine. If you add dailies, they whine about having to do dailies, but remove dailies, and they will whine about the game being a lobby to LFD/BG/LFR and having to afk in Orgrimmar all day (see Cataclysm).
    Different people whine about different things. Right now I mainly only log in to raid and do dailies. Since I hate dailies, I would rather that be cut down to only raiding.

Complaining on forums about daily quests is more fun than doing daily quests. That's gotta say something.

Never understood the whole thing about "what should we be doing else?". The awnser is nothing. Fuck all. Or rather, in future patches, I hope Blizzard realise that not everyone loves this game so mucht they can't stand not playing it. I am a raider, I only ever want to raid. That's right,. I want to log 1 second before my raid starts and log off the second it ends. That's 16 hours in a week, but what should I do with all the other time I have? I play other games, I do sports, I watch the television. Dailies are terrible design, you know how to prove that? Very simple test. If there wasn't any rewards would people still do it? Raids? Yep they would, this has be proven in many many mmos, aslong as it has a healthbar people will want to kill it. Pvp? Certainly, also proven by stuff like "world pvp". Dailies? Oh fuck no. If there was no rewards for doing a dailiy. As in the mobs doesn't drop anything and you got no rewards from the quest, nobody on the planet would do a daily.

I hate it that Blizzard are doing everything they can to get me to play their game more, when in reality that is what is driving me from it. Why can't I just be allowed to only enjoy the parts of the game I enjoy?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keske View Post
    Why can't I just be allowed to only enjoy the parts of the game I enjoy?
    Who orders you to do dailies? No one! And also if raids wouldn't give any rewards, I would never waste my time to do them.

Who orders you to do dailies? No one! And also if raids wouldn't give any rewards, I would never waste my time to do them.
    Elder charms are expected of a raider the same as gemming/enchanting your gear and bringing flasks/food.

Deleted
    I like good ol' mob bashing (timbermaw, argent crusade...).
    I like to get the choice of farming my reputation 20h/d if I want to.
    I don't want to be forced to log on every single day to get my 300 stat food, I'd rather farm them for 5h straight, only a day per week.
    I want to have the choice to do 7 weekly heroic dungeon in a single day.

I can't log on every single day for 1h, but I can play 20H in a week end. Dailies are not meant to my play style.
    Last edited by mmocbc562de0cc; 2012-12-29 at 02:53 PM.

Back when I played Vanilla, I kinda envisioned WoW as having THREE equal and separate progression paths:

1. PvE, 5 mans, raids.
    2. PvP
    3. Levelling

It would not be possible to master ALL the content involved. You'd have to pick which path you'd want to go down.

Now, let's break it down in detail how each of these three would work.

1. PvE, we already understand. You play 5 mans and raids to gear up. To really be well-geared, you need to dedicate many hours on several nights per week.

2. PvP, at least the vanilla version, required LOTS of hours invested to rise up the ranks. This should be no minigame like the way they later designed arena. This should be its own separate path. Choose between PvE, PvP, and levelling. To get well-geared it should require enough hours to interfere with your raiding schedule.

3. Levelling was "the path Blizz never developed at all". My idea of levelling as its own separate progression path would have looked something similar to brawler's guild. You level from 1 to max level, then you must go on an epic quest, fight a series of encounters, and if you win, you get the following:

a. reset to level 1.
    b. a special prize of some kind.
    c. a chance to pick one of several special abilities, talents, skills, or stat boosts. These are possibly tiered.
    d. experience gained is cut in half from your previous levelling experience on this toon.

You can then level up the same toon from 1 to max level, complete the epic quest, and get to choose again from c to add to your collection of specials.

You will have some truly game-breaking spells and abilities available in the levelling progression path, things you cannot get any other way. But the levelling progression path will be set up so that it would take about 2 years of levelling to unlock those. You might have to level from 1 to max level 20x to get them. Each time, xp gets cut in half, so it will take a while.

The levelling progression path would give everyone a reason to go out in the world.

The way WoW developed after vanilla, they went in a totally different direction. They trashed PvP, altering it from a progression path in its own right to a minigame. They never developed or enhanced levelling at all, instead they viewed it as a annoyance they should nerf, by giving out free levels and bonus xp. They did develop PvE.

The way I see it, WoW only reached one-third of its potential.