Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Blame blizzard when it is their isp again - makes good sense

I love all the people wanting compensation - Blizz mailing them all their few cents would be so funny. At about .33 eu a day, i believe, even 12 hours down time is hardly a large amount of money, and they do state they do not guarantee to be running 24/7 anyway

Deleted
    its loads slow.. but its just loads normaly for me.

eu battle net have been fucked for so long, armory havent worked for months..

Deleted
    My problem is, yes I know it's not directly Blizzards fault, it's the providers. However, as mentioned is the biggest MMORPG in the world. Should they not put more of their revenue into issues like this to minimise the risk of failure? Have a back up idk?

It's just a simple case of the more revenue you make, the more secure your organisation should be. *Cough remember when Blizz got hacked a few months ago? #Secure

Deleted
    The end of WoW.

German telekom support declared that they are blocking the connections to the blizzard servers until they both came to an agreement regarding the payment for the traffic. Its recorded an uploaded to youtube. (german)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsYaQHyxeI0

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hb View Post
    eu battle net have been fucked for so long, armory havent worked for months..
    What are you talking about?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutix View Post
    My problem is, yes I know it's not directly Blizzards fault, it's the providers. However, as mentioned is the biggest MMORPG in the world. Should they not put more of their revenue into issues like this to minimise the risk of failure? Have a back up idk?

It's just a simple case of the more revenue you make, the more secure your organisation should be. *Cough remember when Blizz got hacked a few months ago? #Secure
    They do try to minimise the risk of failure. I don't think anything like this has happened this year. Stop whining and grow up. Try and do something productive instead of playing WoW today.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    German telekom support declared that they are blocking the connections to the blizzard servers until they both came to an agreement regarding the payment for the traffic. Its recorded an uploaded to youtube. (german)

That's what you call a "fake".

1: The entire european content is affected and Blizzards hoster is Telia
    2: The Telekom has absolutely NO influence or say about any other network in other country
    3: Customer support would under no circumstances talk about that, especially because they wouldn't even know about it

Deleted
    It IS blizzards problem. They've had plenty of shit problems with their ISP in the past yet they've done fuck all about it, telia is shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Plaguemaw View Post
    What are you talking about?
    arena teams not updating properly(takes ages compared to US) , plus u can even post on chars u dont even have anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Hilarious.
    I agree that it would go along way to restoring customer faith by giving a day or 2 free sub.
    Blizzard are seen as wankers to most people i know.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I work in construction and when ever there is a "service strike" as we call it (when, whilst digging a road/path up you hit a cable and cause damage to it) we have to pay compensation to that company to get it repaired. The most expensive are fibre optic cables which are used to supply most of the UK with an internet, the reason for this is because you can't simply cut and rejoin a new piece of fibre optic cable, you literally have to replace the entire cable between the 2 "network boxes", can't remember the actual name...but think you get me.

It basically can cost £50k-£100k+ depending on the amount of downtime, for the construction company alone to pay to the cable company, which is really an obscene amount but such is the loss of service to literally thousands of customers these companies do not want their customers ringing up and complaining or even threatening to cancel their service (which is what I had to do with virgin last year).

So essentially, it might not be blizzard's fault directly, but they do hold some level of responsibility along the line, and any money they get from an external company in the form of compensation should be passed on to their customers, ie: Us.

Edit: I'm not saying the problem is due to a cable strike, just using this as an example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdozia View Post
    Here on MMO-Champion everything is running smoothly
    Wonder how long that will last, considering all the babies spamming the public forums will have to seek other venues to release their idiocracy

Quote Originally Posted by deztruction View Post
    It IS blizzards problem. They've had plenty of shit problems with their ISP in the past yet they've done fuck all about it, telia is shit.
    While I agree that Telia is crap, in the lifespan of WoW, there's not been a great deal of downtime.

what i find funny is that when u log in wow they state that is not an issue to their internal service and the other partyes are to blame for this. Tbh dosnt rly matter who blames who at the end of the day is blizzards fault cuz they fail to secure their customers, have to think twice now to renew my sub that expire at mid january with the crap of services lately and the boring state of pve and the broken pvp game , all that might just not worth the time

Deleted
    For the last couple of days, several Finnish nationa media sites (tv-network and newspapers sites) were attacked by some un-named group/groups, shutting the sites down for a few hours.

Now it's spreading globally.

My guess is, that some people just got bored during the holidays, and have nothing better to do than to attack internet services...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodon View Post
    I think the most annoying thing about all of this is the massive amounts of people who don't read what the fault is, even though they've been told multiple times it's NOT BLIZZARDS NETWORK AT FAULT.
    Actually, it's mostly their fault. Relying on 1 ISP is a stupid move, probably to cut corners in cost. Many major services will have several ISP's running so that in the event one does go down, they have others to backup with. A simple google search for Blizzard Telia shows a number of problems before, yet nothing was done. So yes, this is primarily Blizzards fault. No ISP in the world can boast 100% uptime, it's up to a company to make sure they can provide even after an ISP goes down.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutix View Post
    Agreed. What annoys me most is that repay us with nothing. A game we are paying for, and they do not do anything to compensate. We are paying for absolutely nothing at the moment.
    This is the most annoying form of complaint out of everything. No they should not give any form of compensation. If they banned you tomorrow, you wouldn't get this months sub fee back. Nor do they have to when their service is temporarily unavailable. It's a pathetic complaint to spam forums that Blizzard doesn't give stuff for free when they have downtime, mostly just people looking for an excuse to take a jab at Blizzard, and get something in return.

It's Telia.

It's always fucking Telia.

Deleted
    This happens when a multinational goes the dumb way and decides to pick the cheapest yet most unreliable ISP host of Europe. Most multinationals (like Microsoft - XboX Live) are smart enough to have 2 or more main-hubs in one continent, so when one is down the other takes over until it's fixed.

---------- Post added 2012-12-29 at 05:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post

European Union will sanction that telecom pretty soon then, since they clearly obliberated the right of any ISP to take such actions.

Deleted
    I'm unable to connect too. I can get to the character selection screen but after clicking Enter World, the progress bar gets near the end and freezes, eventually timing out. This started happening around 22:15 last nighht when I suddenly started getting an increasing frequency of disconnects. By 23:00 things got worse and I eventually gave up and went back to real life (shocking I know).

Every time I've had an issue like this it's usually some failed Internet traffic router hardware owned by an Internet company who Blizzard has chosen as the provider of the connections for us all to get to their servers. In my case it always appears to be Telia. What's annoying is I suspect Blizzard and their provider do not seem to have any 'redundancy' plans in place so that our connection packets can work around any failed hardware, allowing us to connect while the failed hardware is fixed or swapped out.

Also annoying is that when game server connection issues arise, Blizzard has yet to ensure their official websites where our accounts and technical support forums are can handle the incoming flood of people looking for explanations and confirmations of what's going on. A case of 'no expense spent' on web servers that provide problem free access to all players if you ask me