Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Warriors are truly skilled

Let me tell you something about Warriors. Our class was nerfed to the ground pvp-wise in the beginning of Cataclysm due to Colossus Smash change. The class was completely unusable for the rest of the expansion, and there were no Warriors in the top arena-ladders.

Now that story was bullshit, I play a warrior myself. The class had a high skill-cap, probably the highest Blizzard has ever put in the game. I saw numerous threads and logs of Warriors topping the DPS in PvE., and defeating even the "best" gladiator-representatives of classes such as Mages and Rogues.

For the whole expansion, which lasted the total of roughly 20 months, Warriors really needed to play and train hard to master the class. The only change in the content in MoP was that Blizzard gave Warriors an equal mathematical performance as other classes.

Combine real skill and mastery of your class with a solid class mechanics.

Some recent changes to the class - Warrior:

• Second Wind nerfed, it is completely useless in 3v3 right now.
    • Avatar nerfed, the change also made it completely useless in PvE.
    • Shockwave nerfed, the ONLY stun that can be cast from melee range, nerfed to the ground.
    • TfB (talent) nerfed, Arms is completely useless in PvE., and in PvP its damage was taken down.

Seriously, stop crying about Warriors. You are just fucking bad. Warriors are equal, but the people playing the class of ours know what to do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hirv3s View Post
    Let me tell you something about Warriors. Our class was nerfed to the ground pvp-wise in the beginning of Cataclysm due to Colossus Smash change. The class was completely unusable for the rest of the expansion, and there were no Warriors in the top arena-ladders.

Now that story was bullshit, I play a warrior myself. The class had a high skill-cap, probably the highest Blizzard has ever put in the game. I saw numerous threads and logs of Warriors topping the DPS in PvE., and defeating even the "best" gladiator-representatives of classes such as Mages and Rogues.

For the whole expansion, which lasted the total of roughly 20 months, Warriors really needed to play and train hard to master the class. The only change in the content in MoP was that Blizzard gave Warriors an equal mathematical performance as other classes.

Combine real skill and mastery of your class with a solid class mechanics.

Some recent changes to the class - Warrior:

• Second Wind nerfed, it is completely useless in 3v3 right now.
    • Avatar nerfed, the change also made it completely useless in PvE.
    • Shockwave nerfed, the ONLY stun that can be cast from melee range, nerfed to the ground.
    • TfB (talent) nerfed, Arms is completely useless in PvE., and in PvP its damage was taken down.

Seriously, stop crying about Warriors. You are just fucking bad. Warriors are equal, but the people playing the class of ours know what to do.
    Talk about skillcap? Try affliction s9-10.

10+ Year Old Account
    They still have the highest control, sustained, and burst of any classes. In addition to one of the highest survivability. The qq is valid and will continue until they are in line with the other classes. Shockwave will still be OP even with 20-40 sec cd. They should just remove it from talent tree and add it as prot baseline.

Our class was nerfed to the ground pvp-wise in the beginning of Cataclysm due to Colossus Smash change. The class was completely unusable for the rest of the expansion, and there were no Warriors in the top arena-ladders.
    Wrong. Many warriors still managed to get Rank1 during Cata.
    About Warrior at the start of MoP being equals to other classes, I cant help but to call that trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Tronux View Post
    Talk about skillcap? Try affliction s9-10.
    You had a spec available that was viable for PvP. Warriors had none. Fury was nerfed to the ground with berserker-damage, protection was utterly shit compared to Druid, DKs and Paladins, and Arms is listed above.

Try to look at the whole picture, if you have even ONE working spec available, you are fine. Warriors had none.

---------- Post added 2012-12-29 at 06:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gangresnake View Post
    Wrong. Many warriors still managed to get Rank1 during Cata.
    About Warrior at the start of MoP being equals to other classes, I cant help but to call that trolling.
    Could you link me Gladiators from those seasons?

Deleted
    Skill cap ? ever played ele shaman ?

Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    Skill cap ? ever played ele shaman ?
    No, it's enough to know that 41% of people that have killed 4/4 in R8 Brawlers are elemental shamans. If you meant previous pvp-performance, you had the chance to spec resto. There was a restoration shaman in 39% of the top10 teams in each ladder.

15+ Year Old Account
    Let us look at mage:warrior ratio of acquired gladiators, after looking at that do you still think warriors need to be nerfed even more?

"Dude, why are you dead again?" "Because I'm raid-leading, doh..."
    Mess with the best, die like the rest...
    >>>Goes by name Samyaza<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Mortisia View Post
    Let us look at mage:warrior ratio of acquired gladiators, after looking at that do you still think warriors need to be nerfed even more?
    That's the opposite of my point, please don't post if you don't read the whole post.

Some data would like a word with you:

http://www.worldofwargraphs.com/stat...0---0-0-0.html

http://www.crossladder.com/arena/stats/

Warriors are stupid OP right now. And I have a warrior and been playing since vanilla for what it's worth. There is very little skill required for warriors to perform well right now.

Compare a warrior to say and Enh shammy or Ret pally and you'll see what balanced vs. broken looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by Tornainbow View Post
    Some data would like a word with you:

http://www.worldofwargraphs.com/stat...0---0-0-0.html

http://www.crossladder.com/arena/stats/

Warriors are stupid OP right now. And I have a warrior and been playing since vanilla for what it's worth. There is very little skill required for warriors to perform well right now.

Compare a warrior to say and Enh shammy or Ret pally and you'll see what balanced vs. broken looks like.
    In the first post I explained why you're wrong in my opinion.

equal? more like superior. But that's the thing with everyones classes which gets nerfed. Comfort yourself with the fact that hopefully mages will be brought down with you, those are your normal ace to pull forth when someone tells you your class is op.

If you truly think your class is ok you obviously only see it from above your foot. The rest of us have been beneath it so far
    Last edited by omniscience; 2012-12-29 at 05:01 PM.

When you say things like Second Wind being "completely useless" and Shockwave being "nerfed to the ground" I can't really take any complaints you make seriously.

Warriors are ridiculously insanely good right now. Broken really.

BM hunters were in a similar position at the beginning of MoP but they were nerfed in a few weeks. The delay in bringing warriors in line has made players think that this level of OP is intended or fair. It's simply not.

Thousands of Arms warrior players didn't just become amazing overnight.

Deleted
    I play a warrior myself. The class had a high skill-cap, probably the highest Blizzard has ever put in the game.
    Hahahaha.

And all those Fixes are completely justified, sorry.

Deleted
    Lol love it, every change made turned the ability useless. Not balanced, weak, nothing, just USELESS.

What you are claiming would be true if you replaced every "warrior" in your sentence with "mage". Mages are nerfed every second and will continue to get nerfed. But some morons still can't be bothered to use one of their 485 root breaking skills and can't stick on a mage. Then because they can't have %100 uptime on a mage and because they look at the mage and do nothing when rooted, they create QQ topics like this : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6160409105

Warriors on the other hand are OP. When every single one of your skills take away %30 of my hp and you have million ways to stop me from topping myself then you are op. Warriors have the best survivability, best damage, best mobility and best control right now. You are the one who is bad if you think warriors are fine.

Warriors are no more OP then mages hunters or shadow priests. These classes have big tool kits for pvp. The problem is no one really knows how to fight a warrior other then to train him, which you can't do anymore. You take a class that was utter shit just a few months ago and bring them up to speed, the result is going to be 1500 players crying.

---------- Post added 2012-12-29 at 11:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rorschachs View Post
    What you are claiming would be true if you replaced every "warrior" in your sentence with "mage". Mages are nerfed every second and will continue to get nerfed. But some morons still can't be bothered to use one of their 485 root breaking skills and can't stick on a mage. Then because they can't have %100 uptime on a mage and because they look at the mage and do nothing when rooted, they create QQ topics like this : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6160409105

Warriors on the other hand are OP. When every single one of your skills take away %30 of my hp and you have million ways to stop me from topping myself then you are op. Warriors have the best survivability, best damage, best mobility and best control right now. You are the one who is bad if you think warriors are fine.

The thing is, a mage can pretty much do everything a warrior can. A skilled mage is just as strong as a warrior.. period. The difference is we will never see class breaking nerfs on that class.

Deleted
    What the flying f*** are you talking about? Warriors are still grossly overrepresented in about any bracket.

We're playing on a 1,9k rating currently and 95% of teams in 3's have a warrior and 90% in 2's are a warrior + healer. Warriors self heal is still insanely strong combined with defense cool downs and def stance, they survive where a hell of a lot of other classes would die. Warriors have insane mobility, the only other melee where it is that bad are ferals. Warrior have a hell of a lot of control with two interrupts on short cool downs and a stun on cool down that's currently 20 seconds and will be 30 after nerf.

Warriors currently are the class you need the least skill with, as it was most of the time in the history of world of warcraft. You guys had two seasons where you weren't the top dog and that mostly because you were countered hard by mages and rogues and not because you were inherently weak and even then you were still viable.

In all honesty since the start of Pandaria I lost any kind of sympathy I ever had for the warrior community. From my point of view they don't know the true meaning of the sentence "not viable" and their haughty attitude towards the issues of them being grossly overpowered at the start and still being slightly op right now acting as if that was how it was supposed to be makes me wish Blizzard is putting their class somewhere around where elemental shamans and melee monks currently are at.

Deleted
    Ofc , it just happened ALL the Warriors out there to be more skilled than every other class.
    ok ...

Could you link me Gladiators from those seasons?
    No, I dont have time for this. Wander on AJ and check warriors's profile.

Warriors are still massively overpowered right now. Dont be deluded.